- Ectopic pregnancy in Conakry, GuineaPatrick Thonneau
Human Fertility Research Group, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, University Paul Sabatier, La Grave Hospital, Toulouse, France
Bull World Health Organ 80:365-70. 2002..To assess the incidence of ectopic pregnancy (EP) in hospitals in Conakry, the capital of Guinea, West Africa. Data on EP incidence in developing countries are rare and often out of date, particularly in Africa...
- Ectopic pregnancy in African developing countriesNathalie Goyaux
Human Fertility Research Group, Toulouse University, France
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:305-12. 2003....
- Testicular cancer variations in time and space in EuropeEric Huyghe
Human Fertility Research Group, EA 3694, Department of Urology and Andrology, University Hospital of Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Eur Urol 51:621-8. 2007..A review of all published articles on TC incidence revealed an increased incidence in Northern and Central Europe. We extended the analysis to the whole of Europe by using all data available, notably from registries...
- Polyorchidism: presentation of 2 cases, review of the literature and a new management strategyMehdi Khedis
Department of Urology and Andrology, Rangueil Hospital, Toulouse, France
Urol Int 80:98-101. 2008..To present 2 cases with polyorchidism, to review the literature about polyorchidism, and to propose a rational therapeutic algorithm...
- Risk factors for IUD failure: results of a large multicentre case-control studyPatrick Thonneau
Human Fertility Research Group, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Paule de Viguier Hospital, University Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
Hum Reprod 21:2612-6. 2006..This study was conducted to identify the risk factors for intrauterine device (IUD) failure...
- Risk factors for intrauterine device failure: a reviewP Thonneau
Human Fertility Research Group, La Grave Hospital, Toulouse, France
Contraception 64:33-7. 2001..In addition, advancing age increases IUD effectiveness, and displacement of the IUD decreases effectiveness. The IUDs with the highest copper concentrations are clearly less prone to failure than those with lower copper concentrations...
- Cryptorchidism: incidence, risk factors, and potential role of environment; an updatePatrick F Thonneau
Human Fertility Research Group, Urology and Andrology Department, La Grave Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Androl 24:155-62. 2003
- Determinants of maternal deaths in induced abortion complications in Ivory CoastPatrick Thonneau
Human Fertility Research Group, Hôpital Paule de Viguier, 330 avenue de Grande Bretagne, TSA 70034, 31059 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Contraception 70:319-26. 2004..Our findings highlight the role of both women and health professionals in responsibility for induced abortion complications...
- Contraceptive efficacy of intrauterine devicesPatrick F Thonneau
Human Fertility Research Group, Toulouse University Hospital, France
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:248-53. 2008..5% for the levonorgestrel-releasing IUD and between 0.3% and 0.6% for the TCu380A IUD...
- Distribution of causes of maternal mortality during delivery and post-partum: results of an African multicentre hospital-based studyPatrick F Thonneau
Human Fertility Research Group, INSERM, Paul Sabatier University, Paule de Viguier Hospital, Toulouse, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 114:150-4. 2004..To assess the maternal mortality ratio in maternity units of reference hospitals in large west African cities, and to describe the distribution of complications and causes of maternal deaths...
- Increase in scrotal temperature in car driversL Bujan
Male Fertility Research Group, Toulouse, France
Hum Reprod 15:1355-7. 2000..7-2.2 degrees C higher than that recorded while walking. This link between driving position and increased scrotal temperature indicates a potential exposure of male reproductive function to lifestyle factors...
- [Fertility before and after treatment of patients with Leydig cell tumour]Eric Huyghe
Service d Urologie et Andrologie, Hôpital Paule de Viguier Toulouse, France
Prog Urol 17:841-5. 2007..To determine the long-term fertility status of patients treated for Leydig cell testicular tumour...
- Impact of diagnostic delay in testis cancer: results of a large population-based studyEric Huyghe
Human Fertility Research Group, Paule de Viguier Hospital, Toulouse University III, France Urology and Andrology Department, Paule de Viguier Hospital, Toulouse, France
Eur Urol 52:1710-6. 2007..Diagnostic delay (DD), defined as the time elapsing from the onset of tumour symptoms to the day of diagnosis, is a way to evaluate the rapidity of diagnosis. We assessed the relationship between DD, disease stage, and survival rate...
- Environmental, occupational and familial risks for testicular cancer: a hospital-based case-control studyMarie Walschaerts
Human Fertility Research Group EA 3694, Hôpital Paule de Viguier, 330 avenue de Grande Bretagne, TSA 70034, 31059 Toulouse, Cedex 9, France
Int J Androl 30:222-9. 2007....
- Doubling of testicular cancer incidence rate over the last 20 years in southern FranceMarie Walschaerts
Human Fertility Research Group EA 3694, University Paul Sabatier Toulouse III, INSERM, Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Cancer Causes Control 19:155-61. 2008..Interestingly, this major jump and the apparent testicular cancer gradient between northern and southern Europe suggest considerable geographical heterogeneity in incidence, but low geographical variation in temporal trends...
- Fertility after testicular cancer treatments: results of a large multicenter studyEric Huyghe
Human Fertility Research Group, Paule de Viguier Hospital, Toulouse, France
Cancer 100:732-7. 2004..Patients with testicular cancer have an excellent survival rate, and fertility is one of the main concerns of survivors. The authors investigated fertility status after treatment for testis cancer in long-term survivors...
- Increasing incidence of testicular cancer worldwide: a reviewEric Huyghe
Urology and Andrology Unit, Human Fertility Research Group, La Grave Hospital, Toulouse 31052, France
J Urol 170:5-11. 2003..We evaluated worldwide variations in testicular cancer incidence and compared trends in different regions in the world...
- Ten-year variation in semen parameters and sperm deoxyribonucleic acid integrity in a healthy fertile manMartin Sergerie
Human Fertility Research Group, Université Toulouse III Paul Sabatier EA 3694, CECOS Midi Pyrénées, CHU Paule de Viguier, Toulouse, France
Fertil Steril 86:1513.e11-8. 2006..To report parameters in semen samples and sperm DNA integrity in a healthy fertile volunteer over a 10-year period...
- Sperm cryopreservation: recent and marked increase in use for testicular cancer compared with Hodgkin diseaseMarie Walschaerts
Human Fertility Research Group, EA 3694, Paul Sabatier University INSERM, 330 avenue de Grande Bretagne, Toulouse Cedex 9, France
J Androl 28:801-3. 2007
- Conservative management of small testicular tumors relative to carcinoma in situ prevalenceEric Huyghe
Human Fertility Research Group, Paule de Viguier Hospital, Urological Surgery and Andrology Department, Rangueil Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Urol 173:820-3. 2005..We evaluated the prevalence of carcinoma in situ (CIS) in orchiectomy specimens performed for germ cell tumors smaller than 40 mm in diameter to propose an appropriate conservative approach to bilateral tumors or tumor of a solitary testis...
- Ectopic pregnancy in Africa: a population-based studyRobert J Leke
Maternity Unit, Hopital Central, Yaounde, Cameroon
Obstet Gynecol 103:692-7. 2004..To estimate the incidence of ectopic pregnancy in Yaounde, the capital of Cameroon (Central Africa)...