- A focus reduction neutralization assay for hepatitis C virus neutralizing antibodiesCarole Fournier
Laboratoire de Virologie, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire, Amiens, France
Virol J 4:35. 2007..Based on the recent development of a HCV cell culture system using the genotype 2 JFH-1-strain, we developed a focus reduction assay for HCV-neutralizing antibodies...
- Hepatitis B virus (HBV) mutations associated with resistance to lamivudine in patients coinfected with HBV and human immunodeficiency virusV Thibault
Laboratoire de Virologie, Service d Hepato gastro enterologie, Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, 75013 Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 37:3013-6. 1999..This study demonstrates the emergence of particular genetic profiles in HBV-HIV-coinfected patients experiencing a loss of control of HBV infection despite high doses of lamivudine...
- Factors affecting liver fibrosis in human immunodeficiency virus-and hepatitis C virus-coinfected patients: impact of protease inhibitor therapyY Benhamou
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Service de Pharmacie, Service de Virologie, Service de Maladies Infectieuses, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Hepatology 34:283-7. 2001....
- Safety and efficacy of adefovir dipivoxil in patients co-infected with HIV-1 and lamivudine-resistant hepatitis B virus: an open-label pilot studyY Benhamou
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Lancet 358:718-23. 2001..We assessed the safety and efficacy of a once daily dose of adefovir dipivoxil in an open-label trial for the treatment of lamivudine-resistant HBV infection in HIV-1-infected patients...
- [Development and validation of a specific method for relative HBV-genotype G (G-HBV) quantification in the context of co-infection with other genotypes]N Desire
ER 1, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 105, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 59:e13-9. 2011..A detection and quantification method specific of genotype G hepatitis B virus (G-HBV) was developed and used to study the epidemiology and evolution of G-HBV co-infection during antiviral therapy...
- A prospective assessment of an 'a la carte' regimen of PEG-interferon alpha2b and ribavirin combination in patients with chronic hepatitis C using biochemical markersC d'Arondel
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Paris VI, Paris, France
J Viral Hepat 13:182-9. 2006..It achieves a 73% SVR and a significant decrease in fibrosis and activity as estimated by biochemical markers...
- Immune suppression as the etiology of failure to detect anti-HBc antibodies in patients with chronic hepatitis B virus infectionV Avettand-Fenoel
Virology Department, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 44:2250-3. 2006....
- [Early detection of hepatitis C virus infection using a new combined antigen-antibody detection assay: potential use in HIV co-infected individuals]A Schnuriger
Service de Virologie, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, 83, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 54:578-86. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine the clinical benefit of a new combined antigen-antibody immunoenzymatic assay (Monolisa HCV Ag-Ab Ultra, Biorad) in the setting of acute HCV infection in HIV infected patients...
- Similar increased serum dipeptidyl peptidase IV activity in chronic hepatitis C and other viral infectionsT Andrieu
Laboratoire de Virologie, CERVI, UPRES EA 2387, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
J Clin Virol 27:59-68. 2003..Dipeptidyl peptidase IV is a transmembrane enzyme widely expressed in many cell types, but also present as a soluble form in biological fluids. Its abnormal activity is sometimes associated with liver disease related pathologies...
- [Management of the risk of hepatitis B virus reactivation in patients receiving immunosuppressive and immunomodulatory agents in internal medicine: data from the REACTI-B survey and proposal for a management algorithm]B Terrier
Service de Medecine Interne, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Rev Med Interne 33:4-12. 2012....
- The impact of prior hepatitis B virus infection on liver histology and the response to interferon therapy in chronic hepatitis CR P Myers
Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Viral Hepat 10:103-10. 2003..36; 95% confidence interval, 0.45 to 4.06; P = 0.58). In conclusion, previous HBV infection does not affect liver histology or the response to IFN-based therapy in patients with chronic hepatitis C...
- Changing of hepatitis C virus genotype patterns in France at the beginning of the third millenium: The GEMHEP GenoCII StudyC Payan
Laboratoire de Virologie, CHU Angers, France
J Viral Hepat 12:405-13. 2005..The modification of the HCV genotype pattern in France in the next 10 years may require new therapeutic strategies, and further survey studies...
- Acute hepatitis C in HIV-infected men who have sex with menJ Ghosn
Departement des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
HIV Med 5:303-6. 2004....
- Transfusion-associated TT virus co-infection in patients with hepatitis C virus is associated with type II mixed cryoglobulinemia but not with B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphomaP Cacoub
Service de Medecine Interne, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 9:39-44. 2003....
- Anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies in hepatitis C virus associated rheumatological manifestations and Sjogren's syndromeD Sene
Department of Internal Medicine, hôpital La Pitié Salpêtrière, 83 Boulevard de l hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Ann Rheum Dis 65:394-7. 2006..To investigate the diagnostic reliability of anti-CCP antibodies (anti-CCP Ab) in distinguishing hepatitis C virus (HCV) associated rheumatological manifestations and Sjögren's syndrome from rheumatoid arthritis...
- Early detection of hepatitis C virus infection by use of a new combined antigen-antibody detection assay: potential use for high-risk individualsA Schnuriger
Department of Virology, hôpital La Pitié Salpêtrière, 83, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
J Clin Microbiol 44:1561-3. 2006..Reduction of the long period of HCV seronegativity should improve the diagnosis of hepatitis C infection, especially in high-risk populations...
- [Nosocomial risk factors of hepatitis C infection. A multicenter study in a hospital-based population]S Maugat
Centre de Coordination de la Lutte contre l Infection Nosocomiale pour l inter région Nord, Paris, Institut Biomedical des Cordeliers, 15 21, rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75006 Paris
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 51:301-8. 2003..The aim of the study was to assess the prevalence and to identify risk factors for hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection in hospitalized patients frequently exposed to invasive procedures...
- Renal microaneurysms in three cases of hepatitis C virus-related vasculitisN Costedoat-Chalumeau
Rheumatology (Oxford) 41:708-10. 2002
- [Peripheral neuropathy and hepatitis C virus infection: more than cryoglobulinemia]O Lidove
, , 40, rue Worth, 92151 Suresnes, France
Rev Med Interne 22:939-47. 2001..Low doses of interferon alpha may worsen peripheral neuropathy in patients with mixed cryoglobulinemia, as suggested in our later observations...
- Diagnostic value of serum protein profiling by SELDI-TOF ProteinChip compared with a biochemical marker, FibroTest, for the diagnosis of advanced fibrosis in patients with chronic hepatitis CR Morra
UMR CNRS 8149, Pharmacy Faculty, Paris 5 University, Paris, and Biopredictive, Paris, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 26:847-58. 2007..FibroTest has been validated for the diagnosis of liver fibrosis in patients with chronic hepatitis C...
- Influence of HLA-DR phenotype on the risk of hepatitis C virus-associated mixed cryoglobulinemiaP Cacoub
Department of Internal Medicine, , Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 44:2118-24. 2001..In contrast, HLA-DR7 appears to protect against the production of type II MC. These results suggest that the host's immune response genes may play a role in the pathogenesis of HCV-associated MC...
- Genetic heterogeneity of the hypervariable region I of Hepatitis C virus and lymphoproliferative disordersA Rigolet
Virology Laboratory, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, 75651 Paris, France
Leukemia 19:1070-6. 2005..Contrary to recent findings, our analysis based on multiple clones per patient analysis did not reveal any particular motif associated with BCLD...