- Tibial plateau fracture after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: Role of the interference screw resorption in the stress riser effectMathieu Thaunat
Orthopaedic Surgery Department, André Mignot Hospital, 177, rue de Versailles, 78157 Le Chesnay, France
Knee 13:241-3. 2006..Stress risers would occur following ACL reconstruction if either resorption is not complete or bony integration is not complete...
- Management of overtight medial patellofemoral ligament reconstructionMathieu Thaunat
Knee Clinic, G3 Medi Clinic, Die Boord, Stellenbosch, South Africa
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 17:480-3. 2009..A surgical management for these overtight reconstructions is recommended, as it will restore function and range of motion, and prevent late patellofemoral degeneration...
- Cartilage thickness matching of selected donor and recipient sites for osteochondral autografting of the medial femoral condyleMathieu Thaunat
Orthopaedic Surgery Department, Hopital Andre Mignot, 177, rue de Versailles, Le Chesnay, 78157, France
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 15:381-6. 2007..Between the different donor sites, the lateral side of the intercondylar notch was significantly thinner than the other donor sites and should not be harvested in priority...
- Recession wedge trochleoplasty as an additional procedure in the surgical treatment of patellar instability with major trochlear dysplasia: early resultsM Thaunat
Orthopaedic Surgery Department, Versailles Hospital Center, André Mignot Hospital, 177, rue de Versailles, 78157 Le Chesnay, France
Orthop Traumatol Surg Res 97:833-45. 2011..An original trochleoplasty technique consisting in retro-trochlear recession wedge osteotomy was described by Goutallier et al. The aim is not to fashion a groove but to reduce the bump without modifying patellofemoral congruence...
- Trochleoplasty in major trochlear dysplasia: current conceptsPhilippe Beaufils
Orthopaedic Surgery Department, Centre Hospitalier de Versailles, Versailles, France
Sports Med Arthrosc Rehabil Ther Technol 4:7. 2012..It is never undertaken as an isolated procedure, but always in conjunction with other realignment procedures of the extensor apparatus according to the "a la carte" surgery concept...
- Computer Tomography assessment of the fusion rate after posterior arthroscopic subtalar arthrodesisMathieu Thaunat
Orthopaedic Surgery Department, Hopital Andre Mignot, Centre Hospitalier de Versailles, 177, rue de Versailles, 78157, Le Chesnay, France
Int Orthop 36:1005-10. 2012..The purpose of this study was to assess the fusion rate on CT examinations and to correlate clinically the functional result with the degree of bone fusion in the subtalar joint after posterior arthroscopic subtalar arthrodesis (PASTA)...
- The posterior femoral condyles: a potential donor site for mosaic-like osteochondral autograft?Mathieu Thaunat
Orthopaedic Surgery Department, André Mignot Hospital, 177 rue de Versailles, Le Chesnay, France
Arthroscopy 26:1503-9. 2010....
- [Surgical treatment of stiff massive knee endoprosthesis for bone tumors in children and adolescents]M Thaunat
Service de Chirurgie Orthopédique Pédiatrique, Hopital Saint Vincent de Paul, Universite Paris Descartes, 74, avenue Denfert Rochereau, 75674 Paris Cedex 14, France
Rev Chir Orthop Reparatrice Appar Mot 94:268-72. 2008..The aim of this retrospective study was to assess the outcomes of revision surgery for a stiff knee following reconstruction of a segmental long bone defect...
- Recurrent patellar dislocation after medial patellofemoral ligament reconstructionMathieu Thaunat
Knee Clinic, G3 Medi Clinic, Die Boord, 7600 Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 16:40-3. 2008..This weak area results from the previous drill holes, which act as stress risers...
- The favourable anisometry: an original concept for medial patellofemoral ligament reconstructionMathieu Thaunat
Knee Clinic, G3 Medi Clinic, Die Boord, Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa
Knee 14:424-8. 2007..In cases of severe patella alta we would suggest including distalisation of the tibial tubercle, with an MPFL reconstruction...
- Transcondylar traction as a closed reduction technique in vertically unstable pelvic ring disruptionM Thaunat
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Boulevard de l Hopital, Paris, France
Int Orthop 32:7-12. 2008..A vertical sacral fracture should make the surgeon more wary of fixation failure and loss of reduction...
- Arthroscopic treatment of a juvenile tillaux fractureMathieu Thaunat
Orthopaedic Department, West Paris University, Ambroise Pare Hospital, 9 av Charles de Gaulle, 92100, Boulogne Billancourt, France
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 15:286-8. 2007..The authors describe the principles of the procedure and discuss its advantages compared to open surgery...
- Pretibial ganglion-like cyst formation after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a consequence of the incomplete bony integration of the graft?Mathieu Thaunat
Orthopaedic Surgery Department, Centre Orthopedique Santy, 24, Avenue Paul Santy, 69008, Lyon, France
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 15:522-4. 2007....
- High lateral portal for sparing the infrapatellar fat-pad during ACL reconstructionB Sonnery-Cottet
Paul Santy orthopaedic center, 24, Avenue Paul Santy, 69008 Lyon, France
Orthop Traumatol Surg Res 97:870-3. 2011..The use of this technique was associated with a shorter operative time and no increase in the difficulty in performing associated meniscal procedures...
- Proximal hamstring avulsion in a professional soccer playerB Sonnery-Cottet
Santy Orthopaedic Surgical Center, 24 Avenue Paul Santy, Lyon, France
Orthop Traumatol Surg Res 98:928-31. 2012..Hamstrings isokinetic peak torque was 80% at 6 months and 106% at 11 months after repair comparing with the uninjured side...
- The influence of the tibial slope and the size of the intercondylar notch on rupture of the anterior cruciate ligamentB Sonnery-Cottet
Centre Orthopedique Santy, 24 Avenue Paul Santy, Lyon 69008, France
J Bone Joint Surg Br 93:1475-8. 2011..0001) remain significant risk factors. From these results, either a steep PTS or a narrow NWI predisposes an individual to ACL injury. Future studies should consider these factors in combination rather than in isolation...