D B Teculescu
- Who are the "occasional" snorers?Dan Teculescu
INSERM Unit 420, Vandoeuvre, France
Chest 122:562-8. 2002..To assess the prevalence of occasional snoring in a group of middle-aged men, and to compare anthropometric variables and prevalence of sleep-related symptoms of subjects who occasionally snore with those of other snoring categories...
- [Habitual snoring. Prevalence and risk factors in a sample of the French male population]D Teculescu
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, ERI 11, Faculte de Medecine, Vandoeuvre, France
Rev Mal Respir 24:281-7. 2007..As there are important differences in the prevalence of snoring in the literature we have studied this prevalence and the risk factors in a sample of the active male population of Lorraine...
- Reproducibility of exhaled nitric oxide in smokers and non-smokers: relevance for longitudinal studiesAbraham Bohadana
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, INSERM, ERI 11, 54505 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
BMC Pulm Med 8:4. 2008....
- Witnessed breathing pauses during sleep: a study in middle-aged French malesD B Teculescu
French Institute of Health and Medical Research INSERM ERI 11, Faculte de Medecine, 9 avenue Foret de Haye, BP 184, 54505 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Respir Med 99:1268-74. 2005..e. habitual snoring, loud snoring, and excessive sleepiness, factors well known in clinical setting, but never previously reported in epidemiologic studies...
- Marital status and sleep-disordered breathing in a sample of middle-aged French menD Teculescu
Faculte de Medecine, French National Institute of Health and Medical Research INSERM ESPRI, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Lung 182:355-62. 2004..However, a study involving a larger number of subjects with information regarding alcoholic consumption may be needed to further evaluate this question...
- Reliability of the Wisconsin Sleep Questionnaire: a French contribution to international validationDan Teculescu
INSERM Unité 420, BP 184, 54505, Vandoeuvre, France
J Clin Epidemiol 56:436-40. 2003....
- Prevalence of habitual snoring in a sample of French males. Role of "minor" nose-throat abnormalitiesD Teculescu
INSERM Unité 420, BP 184, F 54505 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Respiration 68:365-70. 2001..Major nose-throat abnormalities have been demonstrated in cases with obstructive sleep apnea; evidence of "minor" abnormalities in community studies is scarce...
- Breathing pauses during sleep: can a non-invasive ENT examination help identify subjects at risk in epidemiological settings?D B Teculescu
INSERM Unité 420 Vandoeuvre Nancy and Centre d Investigations Cliniques, NSERM CHU Nancy, France
Med Hypotheses 56:653-6. 2001..The present paper is a review of these examinations and of their utility...
- Ventilatory function in pre-school children snorers and nonsnorersD B Teculescu
INSERM Unité 420, Faculte de Medecine, Vandoeuvre Nancy, France
Pneumologia 49:173-6. 2000..The value of flow-volume curves alterations for screening for sleep apnoea is controversial in adults...
- [Occupational exposure to low concentrations of carbon monoxide and sleep disordered breathing. A negative result]D Teculescu
INSERM ERI 11, Faculté Médecine, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Rev Mal Respir 24:575-80. 2007..This study explored the possibility that occupational exposure to low concentrations of carbon monoxide (CO) could influence the synchronisation of upper airway and lower respiratory muscles and thus induce sleep disordered breathing...
- Habitual loud snoring. A study of prevalence and associations in 850 middle-aged French malesDan Teculescu
INSERM Unit ERI 11, Vandoeuvre, France
Respiration 73:68-72. 2006..Most studies on habitual snoring have focused on its prevalence. However, from the clinical point of view, the intensity of snoring is of upmost importance, as it suggests the existence of sleep apnoeas...
- Mechanisms of chronic airway obstruction in smokersA Bohadana
INSERM Unité 420, Epidémiologie Santé Travail, Faculte de Medecine, 9 Av de la Foret de Haye, B P 184, Vandoeuvre lès Nancy 54505, France
Respir Med 98:139-51. 2004....
- Sick-building symptoms in office workers in northeastern France: a pilot studyD B Teculescu
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Vandoeuvre, France
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 71:353-6. 1998..To verify that sick building symptoms are present in north-eastern France office workers; to try to identify new confounding factors...
- Determinants of alveolar nitrogen slope and closing volumes in healthy adolescentsD B Teculescu
INSERM Unité 115, Vandoeuvre Nancy, France
Am Rev Respir Dis 142:607-15. 1990..In boys, CV/VC decreased significantly with height (p = 0.035 for CV/VC versus height3)...