Pierre Marie Tebeu
- Risk factors for obstetric fistula: a clinical reviewPierre Marie Tebeu
Ligue d Initiative et de Recherche Active pour la Santé et l Education de la Femme, Yaounde, Cameroon
Int Urogynecol J 23:387-94. 2012..Obstetric fistula was associated with several risk factors, and they appear to be preventable. This knowledge should be used in strengthening the preventive strategy both at the health facility and at the community level...
- Awareness of HPV and cervical cancer prevention among Cameroonian healthcare workersCatherine McCarey
Geneva University School of Medicine, Geneve, Switzerland
BMC Womens Health 11:45. 2011..The objective of this study was to assess knowledge and awareness of cervical cancer prevention among Cameroonian healthcare workers...
- Acceptability of intrapartum HIV counselling and testing in CameroonEugene J Kongnyuy
Child and Reproductive Health Group, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 9:9. 2009..To assess the acceptability of intrapartum HIV testing and determine the prevalence of HIV among labouring women with unknown HIV status in Cameroon...
- Effectiveness of vaginal hysterectomy for benign conditions in semi-urban hospital: report from Maroua-CameroonP M Tebeu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Provincial Hospital Maroua, Cameroon
Trop Doct 39:200-5. 2009..One urinary tract and one wound infection were observed. Two patients had conversion to laparotomy. This study has shown that vaginal hysterectomy is a safe and feasible method of hysterectomy in a semi-urban hospital...
- Risk factors for obstetric fistula in the Far North Province of CameroonPierre Marie Tebeu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Provincial Hospital, Maroua, Cameroon
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 107:12-5. 2009..To describe the circumstances of occurrence and identify potential risk factors for obstetric fistula in northern Cameroon...
- Maternal mortality in Maroua Provincial Hospital, Cameroon (2003-2005)P M Tebeu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Provincial Hospital, Maroua, Cameroon
West Indian Med J 56:502-7. 2007..However, before the middle of the first decade of this millennium, there were no reports on the status of maternal mortality in Maroua, Cameroon...
- [Knowledge, attitude and perception about obstetric fistula by Cameroonian women]P M Tebeu
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, hôpital Provincial, Maroua B P 57, Cameroon
Prog Urol 18:379-89. 2008..This study seeks to identify what the women who live in Maroua Cameroon know and think about obstetric fistula...
- The attitude and knowledge of cervical cancer by Cameroonian women; a clinical survey conducted in Maroua, the capital of Far North Province of CameroonP M Tebeu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Provincial Hospital of Maroua Cameroon, Maroua, Cameroon
Int J Gynecol Cancer 18:761-5. 2008..Thus, to avoid deaths from cervical cancer, a curable and preventable disease, the need of an aggressive campaign to make Cameroonian women aware of cervical cancer and its prevention is needed...
- [Historical cohort study of delivery in women of forty years of age and older]P M Tebeu
Département de gynécologie obstétrique, Hôpitaux Universitaires Yaoundé Cameroun
Rev Med Liege 62:509-14. 2007..Studies are needed to establish the exact causes of these risks and evaluate management options in these women...
- [Delivery outcome of adolescents in Far North Cameroon]P M Tebeu
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hôpital Provincial de Maroua, Cameroun
Rev Med Liege 61:124-7. 2006..Analyses were performed using Excel and Epi Info 6. The chietaiota2 tests of the tendency, taking in account all ten age groups, was used to appreciate the phenomenon over time. This trend was considered significant if p<0.05...
- [Outcome of delivery at extreme ages of reproductive life]P M Tebeu
Département de gynécologie obstétrique, Hôpitaux Universitaires Yaoundé, CHU
Rev Med Liege 59:455-9. 2004..The purpose of this study was to test the hypothesis that the outcome of deliveries might be comparable in these distinct age groups...
- Quality care in vesico-vaginal obstetric fistula: case series report from the regional hospital of Maroua-CameroonPierre Marie Tebeu
Ligue d Initiative et de Recherche Active pour Santé et l Education de Femme, Maroua, Cameroon
Pan Afr Med J 5:6. 2010..These factors must be taken into consideration when preparing patients for surgery or when assigning them to a surgeon within the surgical team...
- Vaginal delivery after caesarean section: a propective study of 146 casesL Kouam
Service de gynécologie Obstétrique du CHU, De Yaoundé Cameroon
Zentralbl Gynakol 128:213-6. 2006..We conclude that strict selection of patients who had previous Caesarean section for trial of labour renders vaginal delivery a safe alternative to Caesarean section...
- Prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV in Cameroon: experiences from the University Teaching Hospital in Yaounde (Cameroon)L Kouam
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Gynaecological and Paediatric Hospital of Yaounde, Yaounde, Cameroon
Zentralbl Gynakol 128:82-6. 2006..The aim of this study was to assess the effectiveness of nevirapine (NVP) in the prevention of mother-to-child transmission (MTVT) of HIV-1 in children in the Yaounde University Teaching Hospital, Cameroon...
- Conservative treatment of ectopic pregnancy in a sub-Saharan African settingP Foumane
Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Yaounde 1, Cameroon
Trop Doct 41:79-81. 2011..We recommend that this rate should be improved so that, eventually, the conservative treatment methods of EP become routine...