- Respiratory metabolism of illuminated leaves depends on CO2 and O2 conditionsGuillaume Tcherkez
Plateforme Métabolisme Métabolome, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 87, Batiment 630, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:797-802. 2008..Such an effect may be related to the need for NH2 transfers during the recovery of photorespiratory cycle intermediates...
- Experimental evidence of phosphoenolpyruvate resynthesis from pyruvate in illuminated leavesGuillaume Tcherkez
Institut de Biologie des Plantes, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité Mixte de Recherche 8618, France
Plant Physiol 157:86-95. 2011..5‰ of the net CO(2) assimilation rate. This is likely to involve pyruvate inorganic phosphate dikinase and the fundamental importance of this flux for PEP and inorganic phosphate homeostasis is discussed...
- Modelling the reaction mechanism of ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase and consequences for kinetic parametersGuillaume Tcherkez
Institut de Biologie des Plantes, CNRS UMR 8618, Universite Paris Sud, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Plant Cell Environ 36:1586-96. 2013..In this brief review, we present the basic model of Rubisco kinetics and describe how subtle biochemical changes (which may have occurred along Evolution) can easily modify Rubisco catalysis...
- D2O solvent isotope effects suggest uniform energy barriers in ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase catalysisGuillaume G B Tcherkez
Institut de Biologie des Plantes, CNRS UMR 8618, Universite Paris Sud 11, Orsay Cedex, France
Biochemistry 52:869-77. 2013..Our results thus suggest that Rubisco catalysis is achieved by a rather equal distribution of energy barriers along the reaction...
- Short-term effects of CO(2) and O(2) on citrate metabolism in illuminated leavesGuillaume Tcherkez
Institut de Biologie des Plantes, CNRS UMR8618, Universite Paris Sud, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Plant Cell Environ 35:2208-20. 2012....
- Respiratory carbon fluxes in leavesGuillaume Tcherkez
Institut de Biologie des Plantes, CNRS UMR 8618, Universite Paris Sud, Orsay Cedex, France
Curr Opin Plant Biol 15:308-14. 2012..This review will highlight advances made into characterizing respiratory fluxes and provide a discussion of metabolic respiration dynamics in relation to important biological functions...
- In folio respiratory fluxomics revealed by 13C isotopic labeling and H/D isotope effects highlight the noncyclic nature of the tricarboxylic acid "cycle" in illuminated leavesGuillaume Tcherkez
Institut de Biotechnologie des Plantes, Plateforme Métabolisme Métabolome IFR87, Batiment 630, Universite Paris Sud 11, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Plant Physiol 151:620-30. 2009....
- On the 13C/12C isotopic signal of day and night respiration at the mesocosm levelGuillaume Tcherkez
Ecologie Systématique Evolution, Batiment 362, Universite Paris Sud 11, 91405 Orsay Cedex, Paris, France
Plant Cell Environ 33:900-13. 2010....
- The 13C/12C isotopic signal of day-respired CO2 in variegated leaves of Pelargonium × hortorumGuillaume Tcherkez
Plateforme Métabolisme Métabolome IFR87, Institut de Biologie des Plantes, UMR CNRS 8618, Batiment 630, Universite Paris Sud 11, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Plant Cell Environ 34:270-83. 2011..This small isotopic difference between white and green areas probably came from the small contribution of photosynthetic CO(2) refixation and the specific nitrogen metabolism in white leaf areas...
- How stable isotopes may help to elucidate primary nitrogen metabolism and its interaction with (photo)respiration in C3 leavesGuillaume Tcherkez
Plateforme Métabolisme Métabolome, IFR 87, Bat 630, Universite Paris Sud XI, F 91405 Orsay cedex, France
J Exp Bot 59:1685-93. 2008..Therefore, this paper should be viewed as a call for more fundamental studies on isotope effects by plant enzymes...
- Methods for improving the visualization and deconvolution of isotopic signalsGuillaume Tcherkez
Plateforme Métabolisme Métabolome, IFR 87, Bat 630, Universite Paris Sud XI, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Plant Cell Environ 30:887-91. 2007..e. both lead to a covariation approach. Using simple practical examples, we argue that such procedures allow the deconvolution of plant biological systems by revealing the hierarchy of contributory physiological processes...
- In vivo respiratory metabolism of illuminated leavesGuillaume Tcherkez
Laboratoire d Ecophysiologie Végétale, Unité Mixte de Recherche 8079, Bat 362, Centre Scientifique d Orsay, Universite Paris XI, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Plant Physiol 138:1596-606. 2005....
- (12)C/(13)C fractionations in plant primary metabolismGuillaume Tcherkez
Institut de Biologie des Plantes, CNRS UMR 8618, Universite Paris Sud 11, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Trends Plant Sci 16:499-506. 2011..In this review, we summarise key metabolic isotope effects and integrate them into the corpus of plant primary carbon metabolism...
- On the resilience of nitrogen assimilation by intact roots under starvation, as revealed by isotopic and metabolomic techniquesCamille Bathellier
Laboratoire d Ecologie, Systématique et Evolution ESE, CNRS UMR 8079 IFR 87, Batiment 362, Universite Paris Sud, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 23:2847-56. 2009..This is the case of asparagine, strongly suggesting that, as opposed to excised root tips, protein remobilization in intact roots remained very low for 3 days in spite of the restriction of respiratory substrates...
- Metabolic origin of the delta13C of respired CO2 in roots of Phaseolus vulgarisCamille Bathellier
Laboratoire d Ecologie, Systematique et Evolution, CNRS UMR 8079 IFR 87, Batiment 362, Universite Paris Sud, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
New Phytol 181:387-99. 2009....
- Metabolic origin of carbon isotope composition of leaf dark-respired CO2 in French beanGuillaume Tcherkez
Laboratoire d Ecophysiologie Végétale, Unité Propre de Recherche et d Enseignement Supérieur Associé 8079, Batiment 362, Universite Paris XI, 91405 Orsay, France
Plant Physiol 131:237-44. 2003....
- Inducible NAD overproduction in Arabidopsis alters metabolic pools and gene expression correlated with increased salicylate content and resistance to Pst-AvrRpm1Pierre Pétriacq
Institut de Biologie des Plantes, CNRS UMR 8618, Batiment 630, Universite Paris Sud 11, Orsay Cedex, France
Plant J 70:650-65. 2012..We therefore concluded that higher NAD contents are beneficial for plant immunity by stimulating SA-dependent signalling and pathogen resistance...
- Metabolic origin of δ15 N values in nitrogenous compounds from Brassica napus L. leavesPaul P G Gauthier
Institut de Biologie des Plantes, CNRS UMR 8618 Plateforme Métabolisme Métabolome, Universite Paris Sud, Orsay Cedex, France
Plant Cell Environ 36:128-37. 2013..We conclude that both biochemical pathways (that fractionate between isotopes) and nitrogen sources (used for amino acid production) should be considered when interpreting the δ(15) N value of leaf nitrogenous compounds...
- (13)C/(12)C isotope labelling to study leaf carbon respiration and allocation in twigs of field-grown beech treesSalvador Nogués
Laboratoire d Ecologie Systématique et Evolution, Unité Mixte de Recherche 8079, Université de Paris XI, Batiment 362, 91405 Orsay, France
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 20:219-26. 2006..In addition, as has been found in herbaceous plants, isotopic data before labelling showed that carbon isotope discrimination favoring the (13)C isotope occurred during the night respiration of beech leaves...
- Photosynthetic control of Arabidopsis leaf cytoplasmic translation initiation by protein phosphorylationEdouard Boex-Fontvieille
Institut de Biologie des Plantes, CNRS UMR 8618, Saclay Plant Sciences, Universite Paris Sud, Orsay, France
PLoS ONE 8:e70692. 2013..g. RPS6, eIF4B phosphorylation) and inhibiting (e.g. eIF4G phosphorylation) molecular events. ..
- Kinetic 12C/13C isotope fractionation by invertase: evidence for a small in vitro isotope effect and comparison of two techniques for the isotopic analysis of carbohydratesCaroline Mauve
Plateforme Métabolisme Métabolome, IFR87 La Plante et son Environnement, Institut de Biotechnologie des Plantes, Universite Paris Sud XI, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 23:2499-506. 2009..When applied to the invertase reaction, both methods indicate that the (12)C/(13)C isotope effect is rather small and it is not affected by the use of heavy water (D(2)O)...
- Is there any 12C/13C fractionation during starch remobilisation and sucrose export in potato tubers?Florence Maunoury-Danger
Univ Paris Sud, Laboratoire Ecologie, Systematique et Evolution, UMR 8079, Orsay Cedex, F 91405, France
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 23:2527-33. 2009..We therefore conclude that any fractionation at either the starch breakdown or the sucrose translocation level is unlikely under our conditions...
- Liquid chromatography/time-of-flight mass spectrometry for the analysis of plant samples: a method for simultaneous screening of common cofactors or nucleotides and application to an engineered plant lineFlorence Guérard
Plateforme Métabolisme Métabolome IFR87, Batiment 630, Universite Paris Sud 11, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Plant Physiol Biochem 49:1117-25. 2011..Nadc plants only showed very modest changes in NAD-related metabolites and furthermore, they were associated with slightly lower photosynthetic performance and ATP production...
- The pentatricopeptide repeat MTSF1 protein stabilizes the nad4 mRNA in Arabidopsis mitochondriaNawel Haïli
INRA, UMR1318, Institut Jean Pierre Bourgin, RD10, F 78000 Versailles, France, AgroParisTech, Institut Jean Pierre Bourgin, RD10, F 78000 Versailles, France
Nucleic Acids Res 41:6650-63. 2013..Our study also reveals that short RNA molecules corresponding to pentatricopeptide repeat-binding sites accumulate also in plant mitochondria. ..
- Respiratory carbon metabolism following illumination in intact French bean leaves using (13)C/(12)C isotope labelingSalvador Nogués
Laboratoire d Ecophysiologie Végétale, Unité Mixte de Recherche 8079, Université de Paris XI, 91405 Orsay, France
Plant Physiol 136:3245-54. 2004..Therefore, most of the carbon released by dark respiration after illumination does not come from new photosynthates...
- Crosstalks between myo-inositol metabolism, programmed cell death and basal immunity in ArabidopsisPing Hong Meng
Institut de Biotechnologie des Plantes, UMR CNRS 8618, Universite Paris Sud XI, Bat 630, Plateau de Moulon, Orsay, France
PLoS ONE 4:e7364. 2009..In this work, we have characterised atips1 mutants to gain insight regarding the role of MI in PCD regulation...
- The ZmASR1 protein influences branched-chain amino acid biosynthesis and maintains kernel yield in maize under water-limited conditionsLaetitia Virlouvet
Universite Paris Sud, UMR 320 UMR 8120 Génétique Végétale, F 91190 Gif sur Yvette, France
Plant Physiol 157:917-36. 2011....
- Carbon-Flux Distribution within Streptomyces coelicolor Metabolism: A Comparison between the Actinorhodin-Producing Strain M145 and Its Non-Producing Derivative M1146Fabien Coze
Unite Mixte de Recherche 8621, Institut de Genetique et Microbiologie, Universite Paris Sud, Orsay, France Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Orsay, France
PLoS ONE 8:e84151. 2013..These findings may be instrumental in developing new strategies exploiting S. coelicolor as a platform for the production of bio-based products of industrial interest. ..
- Experimental evidence for diel variations of the carbon isotope composition in leaf, stem and phloem sap organic matter in Ricinus communisArthur Gessler
Environmental Biology Group, Research School of Biological Sciences, Australian National University, GPO Box 475, Canberra, ACT 2601, Australia
Plant Cell Environ 31:941-53. 2008..g. tree ring studies), or for partitioning of CO(2) fluxes at the ecosystem level...
- A new measurement technique reveals rapid post-illumination changes in the carbon isotope composition of leaf-respired CO2Margaret M Barbour
Landcare Research, PO Box 69, Lincoln 8251, New Zealand
Plant Cell Environ 30:469-82. 2007..The strong (13)C enrichment that followed a high light-to-dark transition coincided with high respiration rates, suggesting that so-called light-enhanced dark respiration (LEDR) is fed by (13)C-enriched metabolites...
- Respiratory carbon metabolism in the high mountain plant species Ranunculus glacialisSalvador Nogués
Station Alpine Joseph Fourier, UMS UJF CNRS 2925 Col du Lautaret, 05480 Villar d Arène, France
J Exp Bot 57:3837-45. 2006..This is the first demonstration of such a low metabolic coupling of assimilated and respired carbon in leaves. The biological significance of the uncoupling between assimilation and respiration is discussed...
- Post-photosynthetic fractionation of stable carbon isotopes between plant organs--a widespread phenomenonFranz W Badeck
Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research PIK, P O Box 601203, 14412 Potsdam, Germany
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 19:1381-91. 2005..We discuss the main hypotheses that can explain the observed inter-organ differences in delta13C...