- The roles of gamma-band oscillatory synchrony in human visual cognitionCatherine Tallon-Baudry
CNRS LENA UPR640 Cognitive Neuroscience and Brain Imaging, 47 bd de l, Hopital 75013 Paris, France
Front Biosci (Landmark Ed) 14:321-32. 2009..Understanding how and when oscillations at different frequencies interact has become a major challenge for the years to come...
- Oscillatory synchrony in the monkey temporal lobe correlates with performance in a visual short-term memory taskCatherine Tallon-Baudry
CNRS UPR 640 LENA, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, 47 bd de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Cereb Cortex 14:713-20. 2004..The strength of oscillatory synchrony thus seems to be a relevant parameter of the neural population dynamics that matches behavioral performance...
- Attention modulates gamma-band oscillations differently in the human lateral occipital cortex and fusiform gyrusCatherine Tallon-Baudry
LENA CNRS UPR 640, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Cereb Cortex 15:654-62. 2005..Our results thus suggest that the functional role of gamma oscillations depends on the area in which they occur...
- Attention and awareness in synchronyC Tallon-Baudry
CNRS LENA, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Trends Cogn Sci 8:523-5. 2004..These results support the current view that attention and awareness emerge from dynamic interactions in distributed networks...
- Unconscious learning versus visual perception: dissociable roles for gamma oscillations revealed in MEGMaximilien Chaumon
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie PARIS6, LENA CNRS UPR640, Paris, France
J Cogn Neurosci 21:2287-99. 2009....
- Unconscious contextual memory affects early responses in the anterior temporal lobeMaximilien Chaumon
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, UPMC Univ Paris 06, Paris, France
Brain Res 1285:77-87. 2009..The anterior temporal cortex, in particular appears to play a critical role in merging sensory processing with unconscious memory as soon as it gets activated...
- Unconscious associative memory affects visual processing before 100 msMaximilien Chaumon
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
J Vis 8:10.1-10. 2008..Importantly, subjects do not show any sign of explicit knowledge about context-target associations: The earliness of the influence of contextual knowledge may be a hallmark of unconscious memory...
- Causal frequency-specific contributions of frontal spatiotemporal patterns induced by non-invasive neurostimulation to human visual performanceLorena Chanes
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, CNRS UMR 7225 INSERM UMRS S975, Groupe Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et la Moelle ICM, 75013 Paris, France
J Neurosci 33:5000-5. 2013..Furthermore, pathological conditions involving impaired cerebral oscillations could potentially benefit in the near future from the use of neurostimulation to restore the characteristic oscillatory patterns of healthy systems...
- Early influence of prior experience on face perceptionLucile Gamond
CNRS, UMR 7225, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Neuroimage 54:1415-26. 2011..These experimental findings support recent models assuming the existence of a fast anterior pathway activated in parallel with the ventral visual system which would link prior experience with current sensory inputs...
- Relational information in visual short-term memory: the structural gistJuan R Vidal
Laboratoire de Neurosciences Cognitives et Imagerie Cérébrale UPR640, and Laboratoire de Psychologie Expérimentale UMR8581, CNRS, Paris, France
J Vis 5:244-56. 2005..The experiments suggest a broadening of the parallel store model of visual short-term memory proposed by M. E. Wheeler and A. M. Treisman (2002) to include the notion of what we call "structural gist."..
- The many faces of the gamma band response to complex visual stimuliJean Philippe Lachaux
laboratoire de neurosciences cognitives et imagerie cérébrale LENA, CNRS URA 654, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 47 bd de l Hopital, 75651 Paris cedex 13 Paris, France
Neuroimage 25:491-501. 2005..Some of those effects were found to be correlated across distant sites, suggesting that a coordinated balance between regional gamma activations and deactivations could be involved during visual perception...
- Voluntary and involuntary spatial attentions interact differently with awarenessShen Mou Hsu
CNRS, UMR 7225, Paris, France
Neuropsychologia 49:2465-74. 2011....
- How ongoing fluctuations in human visual cortex predict perceptual awareness: baseline shift versus decision biasValentin Wyart
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 06, Unité Mixte de Recherche 7225, S 975, Centre de Recherche de l Institut Cerveau Moelle, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris F 75013, France
J Neurosci 29:8715-25. 2009....
- Visual grouping and the focusing of attention induce gamma-band oscillations at different frequencies in human magnetoencephalogram signalsJuan R Vidal
LENA CNRS UPR640, MEG EEG Center Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
J Cogn Neurosci 18:1850-62. 2006....
- Neural dissociation between visual awareness and spatial attentionValentin Wyart
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, 75005 Paris, France
J Neurosci 28:2667-79. 2008....
- Fast and automatic activation of an abstract representation of money in the human ventral visual pathwayCatherine Tallon-Baudry
Centre de Recherche de l Institut Cerveau Moelle, Université Pierre et Marie Curie UPMC, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 6:e28229. 2011....
- Neural dynamics of neglected targets in patients with right hemisphere damageFederica Rastelli
Inserm U975 UPMC Paris 6, UMR_S 975 CNRS UMR 7225, Brain and Spine Institute, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Cortex 49:1989-96. 2013..Furthermore, our data suggest that prefrontal activity is not necessarily beneficial to target detection, but can be detrimental to it...
- Distinct and independent correlates of attention and awareness in a hemianopic patientAaron Schurger
Department of Psychology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, USA
Neuropsychologia 46:2189-97. 2008..The finding of a significant awareness-independent effect in the area of 40Hz implies that a stimulus-induced modulation of power in the canonical gamma band is not a sufficient condition for sensory awareness...
- Induced gamma-band oscillations correlate with awareness in hemianopic patient GYAaron Schurger
Department of Psychology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, United States
Neuropsychologia 44:1796-803. 2006..Oscillatory activity in the gamma band (44-66 Hz) over the left occipito-parietal region correlated significantly with awareness (but not accuracy), whereas activity in the alpha band (8-12 Hz) did not...
- Parametric analysis of oscillatory activity as measured with EEG/MEGStefan J Kiebel
Wellcome Department of Imaging Neuroscience, Institute of Neurology, London, United Kingdom
Hum Brain Mapp 26:170-7. 2005..We establish the validity of parametric tests using synthetic and real data and compare its performance to established nonparametric procedures...
- Oscillatory synchrony and human visual cognitionCatherine Tallon-Baudry
INSERM U280, 151 Cours Albert Thomas, 69003, France
J Physiol Paris 97:355-63. 2003..In addition, the intra-cranial data obtained in humans and monkeys also help to better understand the neural mechanisms generating scalp-recorded oscillations...
- An attention modulated response to disgust in human ventral anterior insulaPierre Krolak-Salmon
Hopital Neurologique, Lyon I University and INSERM Unité 280, France
Ann Neurol 53:446-53. 2003....
- Olfactory learning modifies the expression of odour-induced oscillatory responses in the gamma (60-90 Hz) and beta (15-40 Hz) bands in the rat olfactory bulbNadine Ravel
Institute for Cognitive Sciences, CNRS Université Lyon I UMR 5015, Bron, 69675 France
Eur J Neurosci 17:350-8. 2003..Moreover, the data stress the importance of studying the odour-induced beta activity and its relation to perception and memory...
- Human lateral geniculate nucleus and visual cortex respond to screen flickerPierre Krolak-Salmon
Hopital Neurologique, Lyon, France
Ann Neurol 53:73-80. 2003..The consequences of high temporal frequency visual stimuli delivered by ubiquitous video screens on epilepsy, headaches, and eyestrain must be considered...