C T Tagny
- [The francophone Africa blood transfusion research network: A five-year report]Claude Tayou Tagny
Service d hématologie et de transfusion sanguine, Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire, Yaoundé Cameroun et faculté de médecine et des sciences biomédicales, Universite de Yaounde I, BP 5739, Yaounde, Cameroun Electronic address
Transfus Clin Biol 21:37-42. 2014..The present review reports the main observations and recommendations from those studies that could improve blood safety statute in Africa. ..
- [The training in transfusion medicine remains deficient in the centres of Francophone sub-Saharan Africa: results of a preliminary study]C Tayou Tagny
Faculté de médecine et des sciences biomédicales, Universite de Yaounde I, BP 4806, Yaounde, Cameroun
Transfus Clin Biol 18:536-41. 2011..To evaluate the needs in staff training in transfusion centres of Sub-Saharan Africa...
- Transfusion safety in francophone African countries: an analysis of strategies for the medical selection of blood donorsClaude Tayou Tagny
Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire, Yaounde, Cameroun
Transfusion 52:134-43. 2012..The goal of selecting a healthy blood donor is to safeguard donors and reduce the risks of infections and immunologic complications for recipients...
- [The transfusion center, the blood donor and the given blood in francophone African countries]C Tayou Tagny
Departement d Hematologie, Faculté de médecine et des sciences biomédicales de l université de Yaoundé I, BP 4806, Yaounde, Cameroun
Transfus Clin Biol 16:431-8. 2009....
- The blood donor in sub-Saharan Africa: a reviewC T Tagny
University Teaching Hospital of Yaoundé, Cameroon
Transfus Med 20:1-10. 2010..These data could be useful to supplement previous reports and to provide updates for governments and international organizations' programs involved in the improvement of blood safety in Africa...
- [Screening of syphilis in the subsaharan African blood donor: which strategy?]C T Tagny
Laboratoire d hématologie et banque de sang, CHU de Yaoundé, BP 4806, Yaounde, Cameroun
Transfus Clin Biol 16:448-53. 2009..Treponemics, non treponemics, immunochromatographics or nucleic, the type of the chosen screening test must contribute to the blood transfusion safety as well as be affordable...
- [The erythrocyte phenotype in ABO and Rh blood groups in blood donors and blood recipients in a hospital setting of Cameroon: adapting supply to demand]C Tayou Tagny
Faculté de médecine et des sciences biomédicales, Universite de Yaounde I, CHU de Yaoundé, Cameroun
Rev Med Brux 30:159-62. 2009..4 %, 44.2 % and 96.9 %. The supply for blood phenotypes O, B and AB was higher than the demand, and the reverse was true for phenotype A and RH-1. Further sensitization of phenotype A and RH-1 donors may enhance meeting these needs...
- Characteristics of blood donors and donated blood in sub-Saharan Francophone AfricaClaude Tayou Tagny
University Teaching Hospital, PO Box 4806 Yaoundé, Cameroon
Transfusion 49:1592-9. 2009..This study aims to obtain data on blood donor and blood donation characteristics that would complement blood safety data from national and international organizations...
- [The new HemoCue system Hb 301 for the haemoglobin measurement in pregnant women]C Tayou Tagny
Laboratoire d hématologie et banque de sang, Centre hospitalier et universitaire de Yaoundé, Cameroun
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 66:90-4. 2008..Although it gives slightly higher values, it is precise and exact in measuring Hb levels...
- [Evaluation of two methods for haemoglobin measurement in Cameroonian blood donors]C Tayou Tagny
Service de Biochimie Clinique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, BP 4806, Yaounde, Cameroun
Transfus Clin Biol 13:331-4. 2006..74;+2.96) than in the Hemocue method (-2.06; +1.38). We conclude that while the two methods can be used to detect anaemia in the blood bank, that the Hemocue method is more sensitive and more specific...
- [Frequency of hypomagnesemia in a Cameroonian hospital: retrospective study of 1,088 values]C Tayou Tagny
Service de Biochimie Clinique, Centre hospitalier et universitaire de Yaoundé, Cameroun
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 65:83-6. 2007..A gaussian distribution of the values of serum magnesium was observed. In conclusion, the imbalance of serum magnesium is far from frequent in Cameroonian hospital and exceptionally related to an imbalance of the calcemia...
- Blood donor haemovigilance in Yaoundé, CameroonE C Nchinda
Department of Hematology, Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Yaounde I, Yaounde, Cameroon
Transfus Med 22:257-61. 2012..Although some degree of attention is paid when transfusion reactions occur in recipients, no information is available on donor reactions in this setting...
- Asymptomatic carriage of malaria parasites in blood donors in YaoundéD Noubouossie
Department of Hematology, Microbiology and Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Yaounde, Cameroon
Transfus Med 22:63-7. 2012..Malaria can be transmitted through blood transfusion, but there is paucity of data concerning transfusion-transmitted malaria in Cameroun...
- [Concentrated red blood cells transfusion in Yaoundé, Cameroon: what quality?]D Mbanya
Departement d Hematologie, Faculté de médecine et des sciences biomédicales, Universite de Yaounde I, Yaounde, Cameroun
Transfus Clin Biol 14:453-6. 2007..When the data was analysed based on the Algerian norms, 83, 66 and 95% respectively conformed. The significance of these findings and the need for establishing local norms for quality assurance in our community are discussed...
- [Blood safety: malaria and blood donation in Africa]C Tayou Tagny
Service d hématologie et banque de sang, Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire, Yaounde, Cameroun
Transfus Clin Biol 14:481-6. 2007..The destruction of the parasite in the blood bag and the recipient anti-malarial prophylaxis are the described possibilities, added to local programs against the vectors of the disease...