- Usefulness of somatostatin receptor scintigraphy in patients with occult ectopic adrenocorticotropin syndromeA Tabarin
Department of Endocrinology, CHU de Bordeaux, Hopital Haut Leveque, Pessac, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84:1193-202. 1999..SRS should not be repeated during the follow-up in patients with a previously negative scintigram...
- A novel mutation in DAX1 causes delayed-onset adrenal insufficiency and incomplete hypogonadotropic hypogonadismA Tabarin
Departement d Endocrinologie, Diabétologie du CHU de Bordeaux, USN Haut Lévêque, 33604 Pessac, France
J Clin Invest 105:321-8. 2000....
- The dexamethasone-suppressed corticotrophin-releasing hormone stimulation test in anorexia nervosaM Duclos
Service d endocrinologie, CHU Bordeaux, Hopital Haut Leveque, Bordeaux, France Laboratoire Neurogénétique et stress, INSERM U471, Universite Bordeaux II, Bordeaux, France
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 51:725-31. 1999..This study reports the response of AN patients, a model of functional biological hypercortisolism, to the Dex-CRH test...
- Glucose profiles in a type 1 diabetic patient successively treated with CSII using regular insulin, lispro and an implantable insulin pumpB Catargi
Service d endocrinologie, Hopital du Haut leveque, Avenue de Magellan, 33604 Pessac, France
Diabetes Metab 26:210-4. 2000..A prospective randomized study is needed to compare these two modes of insulin replacement...
- Biochemical screening for subclinical cortisol-secreting adenomas amongst adrenal incidentalomasN Valli
Department of Nuclear Medicine, CHU de Bordeaux, Hopital Haut Leveque, 33604 Pessac, France
Eur J Endocrinol 144:401-8. 2001....
- [Diagnosis of Conn's adenoma. Comparative study of x-ray computed tomography and scintigraphy using 19-noriodocholesterol]F Leprat
Service d endocrinologie, , CHU de Bordeaux, Pessac
Presse Med 26:1469-73. 1997..CONCLUSION: These results suggest that NP59-scintigraphy is complementary to adrenal CT-scan for the recognition of APA and is particularly useful in case of a unilateral hyperplastic macro nodule mimicking an APA...
- Aldosterone-producing adenoma without hypertension: a report of two casesM C Vantyghem
Department of Endocrinology, CHRU, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Eur J Endocrinol 141:279-85. 1999..This suggests that excess aldosterone induced relative hypertension in these patients whose blood pressure was spontaneously very low. Genetic screening for dexamethasone-sensitive hyperaldosteronism was negative in both patients...
- Homocysteine, hypothyroidism, and effect of thyroid hormone replacementB Catargi
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital of Bordeaux, France
Thyroid 9:1163-6. 1999..Potential benefit of treatment with folic acid in combination with thyroid hormone replacement has to be tested given that hypothyroid patients were found to have lower levels of folate...
- Exploration and management of adrenal incidentalomas. French Society of Endocrinology ConsensusA Tabarin
Service d endocrinologie, Hopital Haut Leveque, CHU de Bordeaux, Avenue de Magellan, Pessac, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 69:487-500. 2008....
- Congenital adrenal hypoplasia and DAX-1 gene mutationsA Tabarin
, , 33604 Pessac, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 62:202-6. 2001..We review herein the pathologic and clinical features of the disease and describe some recent advances in the clinical expression of X-linked adrenal hypoplasia congenita...
- Adrenal involvement in MEN1. Analysis of 715 cases from the Groupe d'etude des Tumeurs Endocrines databaseB Gatta-Cherifi
Service d endocrinologie, diabétologie et maladies métaboliques, Hopital Haut Leveque, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, Avenue de Magellan, 33600 Pessac, France
Eur J Endocrinol 166:269-79. 2012..Limited data regarding adrenal involvement in multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1) is available. We describe the characteristics of MEN1-associated adrenal lesions in a large cohort to provide a rationale for their management...
- Abdominal obesity increases overnight cortisol excretionM Duclos
Service d endocrinologie, Hopital Haut Leveque, Pessac, France
J Endocrinol Invest 22:465-71. 1999..These mild differences in cortisol nocturnal secretion and free cortisol indexes in subjects with different body fat mass distribution suggest that their hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis has a spontaneously subtly different regulation...
- [News for adrenal insufficiency]M L Nunes
Service d endocrinologie, CHU de Bordeaux, Hopital Haut Leveque, Avenue de Magellan, 33604 Pessac, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 69:S44-52. 2008..The first study is promising and shows that these formulations better mimick the body's natural cortisol release. Its use in the treatment of AI in patients with congenital adrenal hyperplasia has also been tested...
- Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating peptide in the adrenal gland of mammals: distribution, characterization and responses to drugsA Tabarin
Service d Endocrinologie A, Hopital du Haut leveque, Pessac, France
Neuroendocrinology 59:113-9. 1994..Two days later, the concentrations of NPY-LI were increased to 216% of controls, while the concentrations of PACAP-27-LI were similar to that of controls.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- A randomized study comparing blood glucose control and risk of severe hypoglycemia achieved by non-programmable versus programmable external insulin pumpsB Catargi
University Hospital of Bordeaux, Hopital Haut Leveque, 33604 Pessac, France
Diabetes Metab 27:323-7. 2001..To compare a non-programmable and a programmable insulin external pump using regular insulin on glycemic stability, the risk of severe hypoglycemia and metabolic control in type 1 diabetic patients...
- [Surgical excision of subclinical cortisol secreting incidentalomas: Impact on blood pressure, BMI and glucose metabolism]S Mauclère-Denost
Service d endocrinologie diabète et maladies métaboliques, USN Haut Lévêque, CHU de Bordeaux, 33604 Pessac, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 70:211-7. 2009..To compare clinical, vascular and metabolic parameters before and after surgery in patients with subclinical cortisol secreting incidentalomas...
- Aberrant adrenal sensitivity to multiple ligands in unilateral incidentaloma with subclinical autonomous cortisol hypersecretion: a prospective clinical studyY Reznik
Department of Endocrinology, CHU of Caen, Caen, France
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 61:311-9. 2004..The question arises as to whether such receptors may be present in the functioning adrenal incidentaloma, which is common and might be a subclinical stage of Cushing's syndrome...
- Simultaneous postprandial deregulation of the orexigenic endocannabinoid anandamide and the anorexigenic peptide YY in obesityB Gatta-Cherifi
Group Energy Balance and Obesity, INSERM U862, Neurocentre Magendie, Bordeaux, France
Int J Obes (Lond) 36:880-5. 2012..The endocannabinoid system is a potential pharmacotherapy target for obesity. However, the role of this system in human food intake regulation is currently unknown...
- Variable growth hormone profiles following withdrawal of long-term 30mg slow-release lanreotide treatment in acromegalic patients: clinical implicationsP Caron
Department of Endocrinology, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Eur J Endocrinol 142:565-71. 2000....
- A novel thyroid hormone receptor-beta mutation, not anticipated to occur in resistance to thyroid hormone, causes variable phenotypesB Catargi
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital of Bordeaux, Pessac, France
Horm Res 57:137-42. 2002..Toxic multinodular goiter, possibly due to chronic TSH stimulation during RTH, in addition to the phenotype variability, increases the difficulty to diagnose this thyroid disorder...
- Lessons from an unpleasant surprise: a biochemical strategy for the diagnosis of pheochromocytomaV Gardet
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, Pessac, France
J Hypertens 19:1029-35. 2001..The older total metanephrine photometric assay is grieved by analytical interferences...
- Role of the corticotropin-releasing factor receptor type 2 in the control of food intake in mice: a meal pattern analysisA Tabarin
EA 2975 Nutrition et Neurosciences, Universités Bordeaux 1, Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Eur J Neurosci 26:2303-14. 2007..These results suggest that the CRF(2) receptor is involved in the control of meal size during the active phase of eating and following acute exposure to stress...