Affiliation: Synchrotron SOLEIL
- Adding synchrotron radiation to infrared microspectroscopy: what's new in biomedical applications?Paul Dumas
SOLEIL Synchrotron, L Orme des Merisiers, BP48, F 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Trends Biotechnol 25:40-4. 2007..Although the theory of infrared (IR) spectroscopy is thoroughly worked out, the scientific ground of vibrational spectroscopy is now undergoing a real boost, with the application of this analytical technique in biology and biomedicine...
- Toxicity and phototoxicity of Hypocrellin A on malignant human cell lines, evidence of a synergistic action of photodynamic therapy with Imatinib mesylateSirinart Chio-Srichan
Synchrotron SOLEIL, L Orme des Merisiers, 91192 Gif sur Yvette, France
J Photochem Photobiol B 99:100-4. 2010..Overall our results suggest a phototoxicity of HA in epithelial cell lines and demonstrate for the first time, a synergy between IM and photodynamic therapy to circumvent IM-resistance...
- Profiling pluripotent stem cells and organelles using synchrotron radiation infrared microspectroscopyChristophe Sandt
Synchrotron SOLEIL, L Orme des Merisiers, Gif sur Yvette, France
J Biophotonics 6:60-72. 2013..This is confirmed by specific staining of the organelles with fluorescent dyes. Subcellular differentiation of cell compartments is also demonstrated in living cells...
- Fourier transform infrared microspectroscopy of endocarditis vegetationEric Batard
SMIS beamline, Synchrotron SOLEIL, L Orme des Merisiers, BP 48, F 91192, Saint Aubin, France
Appl Spectrosc 64:901-6. 2010..FT-IR microspectroscopy appears to be a useful tool for investigation of the biochemical structure of endocarditis vegetation...
- Identification of spectral modifications occurring during reprogramming of somatic cellsChristophe Sandt
SOLEIL Synchrotron, Saint Aubin, Gif sur Yvette, France
PLoS ONE 7:e30743. 2012..We conclude that infrared microspectroscopy signature is a novel methodology to evaluate induced pluripotency and can be added to the tests currently used for this purpose...
- Photosensitizer effects on cancerous cells: a combined study using synchrotron infrared and fluorescence microscopiesSirinart Chio-Srichan
Synchrotron SOLEIL, L Orme des Merisiers, Saint Aubin, 91192 Gif sur Yvette, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1780:854-60. 2008..The use of synchrotron infrared microscopy is shown to be of paramount importance for targeting specifically the biochemical modification induced in the cell nucleus...
- Biomolecular investigation of human substantia nigra in Parkinson's disease by synchrotron radiation Fourier transform infrared microspectroscopyMagdalena Szczerbowska-Boruchowska
Faculty of Physics and Applied Computer Science, AGH University of Science and Technology, Krakow, Poland
Arch Biochem Biophys 459:241-8. 2007..It suggests that disturbances of normal functioning of SN neurons appear before their morphological atrophy...
- Chemical imaging of biological tissue with synchrotron infrared lightLisa M Miller
National Synchrotron Light Source, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY 11973, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1758:846-57. 2006..In this review, we describe the development of synchrotron-based FTIRM, illustrate its advantages in many applications to biological systems, and propose some potential future directions for the technique...
- Synchrotron FT-IR microscopic study of chemical enhancers in transdermal drug delivery: example of fatty acidsMarine Cotte
Centre de Recherche et de Restauration des Musées de France C2RMF, UMR 171 CNRS, Palais du Louvre, Porte des Lions, 14 quai F Mitterrand, F 75001 Paris, France
J Control Release 97:269-81. 2004..The results indicate that fatty chains are in an ordered state. The improved spatial resolution allows the determination of both chemical composition and distribution in the different layers, from the SC to the dermis...
- Chemical heterogeneity in cell death: combined synchrotron IR and fluorescence microscopy studies of single apoptotic and necrotic cellsNadège Jamin
CEA Saclay, DBJC and URA CNRS 2096, Bâtement 532, 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Biopolymers 72:366-73. 2003..Finally, necrotic cells were characterized by marked changes in their chemical composition because several new vibrational features were observed...