- Mobile assessment guide for research in schizophrenia and severe mental disordersDavid Kimhy
Division of Cognitive Neuroscience, Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Schizophr Bull 38:386-95. 2012..Following these points, sample recruitment and retention strategies are discussed, as well as the main statistical issues that are necessary to consider in the exploitation of repeated measures data generated by this methodology...
- Linking MRI to daily life experience: the example of poststroke depressionS Lassalle-Lagadec
National Center for Scientific Research INCIA, CNRS 5287, Bordeaux, France
Neurology 78:322-5. 2012..This study demonstrates the manner in which mobile technologies may provide information that is complementary to MRI data, using the illustration of poststroke depression...
- Individual vulnerability to addictionJoel Swendsen
National Center for Scientific Research CNRS, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1216:73-85. 2011..For these reasons, integrating individual vulnerability to addiction across different research disciplines is likely to provide the greatest advances for intervention and prevention efforts...
- Real-time electronic ambulatory monitoring of substance use and symptom expression in schizophreniaJoel Swendsen
National Center for Scientific Research, CNRS UMR, Bordeaux, France
Am J Psychiatry 168:202-9. 2011..The authors used electronic personal digital assistants (PDAs) to examine the temporal association of diverse forms of substance use with psychotic symptoms and psychological states in natural contexts...
- Mental disorders as risk factors for substance use, abuse and dependence: results from the 10-year follow-up of the National Comorbidity SurveyJoel Swendsen
National Scientific Research Center, Bordeaux, France
Addiction 105:1117-28. 2010..This investigation examines the role of primary mental disorders as risk factors for the later onset of nicotine, alcohol and illicit drug use, abuse and dependence with abuse...
- Socio-demographic risk factors for alcohol and drug dependence: the 10-year follow-up of the national comorbidity surveyJoel Swendsen
National Scientific Research Center CNRS 5231, Bordeaux, France
Addiction 104:1346-55. 2009..The present study examines prospective associations between socio-demographic variables and the subsequent onset of alcohol and drug dependence using data from the National Comorbidity Survey (NCS) and the NCS Follow-up survey (NCS-2)...
- Improving targets for the prevention of drug use disorders: sociodemographic predictors of transitions across drug use stages in the national comorbidity survey replicationJoel Swendsen
National Scientific Research Center CNRS 5231, University of Bordeaux, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Prev Med 47:629-34. 2008..S. population conducted between February, 2001 and April, 2003...
- Flaws of drug instrumentalizationJoel Swendsen
Universite de Bordeaux, National Center for Scientific Research CNRS 5287, 33000 Bordeaux cedex France
Behav Brain Sci 34:323-4. 2011..In this commentary, we demonstrate why this concept has limited value from the standpoint of nosology, why it should not be viewed as "adaptive," and why it has dangerous implications for policy and public health efforts...
- Ecological momentary assessment in alcohol, tobacco, cannabis and opiate dependence: a comparison of feasibility and validityFuschia Serre
Laboratoire de psychiatrie SANPSY, CNRS USR 3413, Univ Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Drug Alcohol Depend 126:118-23. 2012..This study compares the feasibility and validity of computerized ambulatory monitoring in outpatients seeking treatment for alcohol, tobacco, cannabis or opiate dependence...
- Use and abuse of alcohol and illicit drugs in US adolescents: results of the National Comorbidity Survey-Adolescent SupplementJoel Swendsen
University of Bordeaux, National Center for Scientific Research, Bordeaux, France
Arch Gen Psychiatry 69:390-8. 2012..Comprehensive descriptions of substance use and abuse trajectories have been lacking in nationally representative samples of adolescents...
- Emotional hyperreactivity as a core dimension of manic and mixed statesKatia M'Bailara
Laboratory of Psychology, University Bordeaux Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Psychiatry Res 197:227-30. 2012..These results strengthen the importance of emotional hyperreactivity as a core dimension in manic and mixed states in bipolar disorder...
- Computerized ambulatory monitoring in psychiatry: a multi-site collaborative study of acceptability, compliance, and reactivityElizabeth I Johnson
National Center for Scientific Research, Bordeaux, France
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 18:48-57. 2009..The majority of variables investigated did not change in frequency as a function of study duration, however some evidence was found that socially sensitive behaviors changed in a manner consistent with reactivity...
- Mobile technologies in the early detection of cognitive declineMichele Allard
Univ Bordeaux, INCIA, UMR 5287, Bordeaux, France CNRS, INCIA, UMR 5287, Bordeaux, France EPHE, Bordeaux, France CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
PLoS ONE 9:e112197. 2014..The combination of both novel and traditional methods should provide the best opportunity for identifying the earliest risk factors and biomarkers for Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. ..
- Cerebellum involvement in post-stroke mood: a combined ecological and MRI studySaioa Lassalle-Lagadec
Universite de Bordeaux, INCIA, UMR5287, F 33400 alence, France
Psychiatry Res 212:158-60. 2013....
- Daily life functioning of community-dwelling elderly couples: an investigation of the feasibility and validity of Ecological Momentary AssessmentLaetitia Rullier
Psychologie, Universite Bordeaux, Santé et Qualité de Vie, EA 4139, F 33000, Bordeaux, France
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 23:208-16. 2014..Finally, the validation of such techniques may contribute to future research examining community-dwelling elderly individuals and their spouses...
- Evolution of depression symptoms following stroke: a prospective study using computerized ambulatory monitoringIgor Sibon
University of Bordeaux, National Center for Scientific Research INCIA, CNRS 5287, Bordeaux, France
Cerebrovasc Dis 33:280-5. 2012..The current study uses state-of-the-art computerized ambulatory monitoring techniques to assess daily life depression symptoms following stroke and examines the evolution of depression levels over a three-month period...
- Emotional hyper-reactivity in normothymic bipolar patientsKatia M'Bailara
Departement de psychiatrie adulte, CHS Charles Perrens, Bordeaux, France
Bipolar Disord 11:63-9. 2009....
- Feasibility and validity of computerized ambulatory monitoring in drug-dependent womenElizabeth I Johnson
National Center for Scientific Research CNRS 5231, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Drug Alcohol Depend 99:322-6. 2009..To examine the feasibility and validity of computerized ambulatory monitoring in drug-dependent women...
- Awareness of disorder and suicide risk in the treatment of schizophrenia: results of the international suicide prevention trialMarc Bourgeois
Psychopathology Research Laboratory, University of Bordeaux, 3 ter, Place de la Victoire, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Am J Psychiatry 161:1494-6. 2004..Schizophrenia is characterized by high suicide risk and low awareness of disorder. Although awareness has benefits for medication compliance and clinical outcome, it is unclear how it may relate to suicide risk in this population...