- Can mismatch negativity be linked to synaptic processes? A glutamatergic approach to deviance detectionKuzma Strelnikov
Brain and Cognition Research Center CerCo, University of Toulouse 3, Faculty of Medicine, CNRS, UMR 5549, 133 route de Narbonne, 31062 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Brain Cogn 65:244-51. 2007..The model is discussed with regard to the pathological states most studied in relation to mismatch negativity: alcohol intoxication, alcohol withdrawal, and schizophrenia...
- Schizophrenia and language--shall we look for a deficit of deviance detection?Kuzma Strelnikov
CerCo, Université Toulouse 3, CNRS, Faculte de Medecine de Rangueil, 31062 Toulouse CEDEX9, France
Psychiatry Res 178:225-9. 2010..This hypothesis opens perspectives for genetic, molecular and pharmacological studies of the deficit of deviance detection in schizophrenia, as reflected by event-related potentials and neuroimaging during speech processing...
- Sensory stimulation induces tensor fields, which specifically transform brain activityKuzma Strelnikov
Universite de Toulouse, CerCo, Universite Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France CNRS, UMR 5549, Toulouse, France Electronic address
Neurosci Lett 554:42-6. 2013..In the second comparison, clusters were more localised in the temporo-frontal network of speech processing. Our study therefore demonstrated that tensor fields reflect the sensory input that specifically transforms brain activity. ..
- Stable modality-specific activity flows as reflected by the neuroenergetic approach to the FMRI weighted mapsKuzma Strelnikov
Hopital Purpan, Toulouse, France
PLoS ONE 7:e33462. 2012..Thus, neuroenergetic assumptions may give a novel perspective for the analysis of neuroimaging data...
- Neuroimaging and neuroenergetics: brain activations as information-driven reorganization of energy flowsKuzma Strelnikov
CerCo, Université Toulouse 3, CNRS, Faculte de Medecine de Rangueil, 31062 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Brain Cogn 72:449-56. 2010..In this light, we consider brain basal activity as subserving internal representations of the environment (predictive coding), and brain activation as reflecting the level of deviance from predictive coding...
- Effects of vocoding and intelligibility on the cerebral response to speechKuzma Strelnikov
Universite de Toulouse, Centre de Recherche Cerveau et Cognition, 31062 Toulouse, France
BMC Neurosci 12:122. 2011....
- Visual activity predicts auditory recovery from deafness after adult cochlear implantationKuzma Strelnikov
1 Université de Toulouse, Cerveau and Cognition, Universite Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
Brain 136:3682-95. 2013....
- Binaural stimulation through cochlear implants in postlingual deafness: a positron emission tomographic study of word recognitionKuzma Strelnikov
Universite Toulouse, CerCo, Universite Paul Sabatier, France
Otol Neurotol 32:1210-7. 2011..Bilateral stimulation through cochlear implants induces a brain activity pattern closer to the normal one than unilateral stimulation...
- Sex-dependent modulation of activity in the neural networks engaged during emotional speech comprehensionVirginie Beaucousin
GIN, UMR 5296, Univ de Bordeaux, CNRS, CEA, F 33000 Bordeaux, France
Brain Res 1390:108-17. 2011..In conclusion, at equivalent linguistic abilities and performances, men activate semantic and attentional cortical areas to a larger extent than women during emotional speech processing...