Brandon M Stell
- Activation of presynaptic GABA(A) receptors induces glutamate release from parallel fiber synapsesBrandon M Stell
Laboratoire de Physiologie Cérébrale, Unité de Formation et de Recherche Biomédicale, Universite Paris Descartes, 75006 Paris, France
J Neurosci 27:9022-31. 2007..From these data, we conclude that GABA(A)Rs located on parallel fibers depolarize parallel fiber terminals beyond the threshold for Na+ channel activation and thereby induce glutamate release onto MLIs and Purkinje cells...
- Biphasic action of axonal GABA-A receptors on presynaptic calcium influxBrandon M Stell
Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
J Neurophysiol 105:2931-6. 2011..These results provide a description of the effect of presynaptic GABA(A)R activation and explain why reports of the effect of their activation have been so varied...
- Axonal GABAA receptorsFederico F Trigo
Laboratoire de Physiologie Cérébrale, UFR Biomedicale, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Eur J Neurosci 28:841-8. 2008..In certain neurons, the excitatory effects of axonal GABA(A)Rs persist into adulthood. Altogether, axonal GABA(A)Rs appear as potent neuronal modulators of the mammalian CNS...
- Receptors with different affinities mediate phasic and tonic GABA(A) conductances in hippocampal neuronsBrandon M Stell
Department of Neurology, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Neurosci 22:RC223. 2002..These findings are consistent with tonic and phasic conductances being mediated by different GABA(A) receptor subtypes with different affinities for GABA...
- Neuroactive steroids reduce neuronal excitability by selectively enhancing tonic inhibition mediated by delta subunit-containing GABAA receptorsBrandon M Stell
Department of Neurology, The David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:14439-44. 2003..Recognition that delta subunit-containing GABAARs responsible for a tonic conductance are a preferential target for neuroactive steroids may lead to novel pharmacological approaches for the treatment of these common conditions...
- Altered expression of the delta subunit of the GABAA receptor in a mouse model of temporal lobe epilepsyZechun Peng
Department of Neurobiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1763, USA
J Neurosci 24:8629-39. 2004....
- Ovarian cycle-linked changes in GABA(A) receptors mediating tonic inhibition alter seizure susceptibility and anxietyJamie L Maguire
Department of Neurology, The David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 710 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Nat Neurosci 8:797-804. 2005..Our findings are consistent with possible deficiencies in regulatory mechanisms controlling normal cycling of deltaGABA(A)Rs in individuals with catamenial epilepsy or PMDD...