- Imaging central nervous system myelin by positron emission tomography in multiple sclerosis using [methyl-¹¹C]-2-(4'-methylaminophenyl)- 6-hydroxybenzothiazoleBruno Stankoff
INSERM, U975, Paris, France Faculty of Medicine, Pierre and Marie Curie University, Paris, France
Ann Neurol 69:673-80. 2011..Here we questioned whether the thioflavine-T derivative 2-(4'-methylaminophenyl)-6-hydroxybenzothiazole (PIB), which also binds to amyloid plaques, could serve as a myelin marker...
- Imaging of CNS myelin by positron-emission tomographyBruno Stankoff
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U711, Hopital de la Salpetriere, F 75013 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:9304-9. 2006..Our results provide a perspective for developing a brain myelin imaging technique by positron-emission tomography...
- Improved survival of HIV-1-infected patients with progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy receiving early 5-drug combination antiretroviral therapyJacques Gasnault
Service de médecine interne et de maladies infectieuses, Hôpital Universitaire de Bicêtre Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
PLoS ONE 6:e20967. 2011..We conducted a multicenter, open-label pilot trial evaluating the survival benefit of a five-drug cART designed to accelerate HIV replication decay and JCV-specific immune recovery...
- Promoting repair in multiple sclerosis: problems and prospectsCatherine Lubetzki
Federation de Neurologie, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Curr Opin Neurol 18:237-44. 2005..We review recent breakthroughs in this field and discuss their putative applications to therapy...
- A novel fluorescent probe that is brain permeable and selectively binds to myelinChunying Wu
Department of Medical Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA, and Biologie des Interactions Neurones Glie, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Histochem Cytochem 54:997-1004. 2006..These studies justified further investigation of BDB as a potential myelin-imaging probe to monitor myelin pathology in vivo...
- Unilateral thalamic deep brain stimulation for disabling kinetic tremor in multiple sclerosisHassan Hosseini
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, CHU Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Neurosurgery 70:66-9. 2012..Surgical options of multiple sclerosis (MS) tremor treatment are limited and narrowed to thalamotomy or deep brain stimulation of the thalamic nucleus ventralis intermedius. Lack of qualification protocol frequently results in poor outcome...
- Association of Caspr/paranodin with tumour suppressor schwannomin/merlin and beta1 integrin in the central nervous systemNatalia Denisenko-Nehrbass
INSERM UPMC U536, Institut du Fer a Moulin, Paris, France
J Neurochem 84:209-21. 2003..Since integrin beta1 and schwannomin do not appear to be enriched in paranodes they may be quantitatively minor partners of paranodin in these regions and/or be associated with paranodin at other locations...