- Specificities of the fecal microbiota in inflammatory bowel diseaseHarry Sokol
Unité d Ecologie et Physiologie du Système Digestif, INRA Research Center, Jouy en Josas, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 12:106-11. 2006..The aim of this study was to compare the bacterial composition of the dominant fecal microbiota in patients with Crohn's disease (CD), ulcerative colitis (UC), infectious colitis (IC), and in healthy subjects (HS)...
- Crypt abscess-associated microbiota in inflammatory bowel disease and acute self-limited colitisHarry Sokol
Gastroenterology and Nutrition Department, Saint Antoine Hospital, Pierre et Marie Curie Paris6 University, AP HP, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571, Paris, France
World J Gastroenterol 16:583-7. 2010..To evaluate whether crypt abscesses from inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) patients contain bacteria and to establish their nature...
- Gastrointestinal involvement and manifestations in systemic mastocytosisHarry Sokol
Department of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Saint Antoine Hospital, Universite Paris VI, Faculte de Medecine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 16:1247-53. 2010..Diagnosis of mastocytosis GI manifestations should be evoked in the case of unexplained severe GI disorders...
- The intestinal microbiota in inflammatory bowel diseases: time to connect with the hostHarry Sokol
Gastroenterology and Nutrition Department, Saint Antoine Hospital, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris VI, AP HP, Paris, France
Curr Opin Gastroenterol 26:327-31. 2010..The aim of this review is to report recent findings regarding the role of the gut microbiota in inflammatory bowel disease pathogenesis...
- Disease activity and cancer risk in inflammatory bowel disease associated with primary sclerosing cholangitisHarry Sokol
Gastroenterology and Nutrition Department, Hospital Saint Antoine 184, rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, Cedex 12, Paris 75571, France
World J Gastroenterol 14:3497-503. 2008..To investigate the phenotype of inflammatory bowel disease associated with primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC-IBD)...
- Low counts of Faecalibacterium prausnitzii in colitis microbiotaH Sokol
UEPSD, INRA, Jouy en Josas, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 15:1183-9. 2009..The aim was to compare the fecal microbiota composition of patients with colitis to that of healthy subjects (HS)...
- The Firmicutes/Bacteroidetes ratio of the human microbiota changes with ageD Mariat
INRA, U910, Unité d Ecologie et du Système Digestif, Domaine de Vilvert, 78350 Jouy en Josas, France
BMC Microbiol 9:123. 2009..Applying current molecular methods is necessary to surmount the limitations of classical culturing techniques in order to obtain an accurate description of the microbiota composition...
- Bacteriotherapy for inflammatory bowel disease: therapeutic tool and/or pharmacological vectors?P Marteau
AP HP, Hopital Lariboisiere, Medicosurgical Department of Digestive Diseases, Laboratoire de Biologie EA 3199, CNAM and University Diderot Paris 7, Paris, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 33:S228-34. 2009..We also discuss the mechanisms of action, the use of microbial agents as pharmacological vectors, the development of genetically modified probiotics (including a clinical pilot trial in patients with Crohn's disease), and safety issues...
- Incidence of benign upper respiratory tract infections, HSV and HPV cutaneous infections in inflammatory bowel disease patients treated with azathioprineP Seksik
Département de Gastroentérologie and Nutrition, Hopital Saint Antoine, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI, AP HP, Paris, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 29:1106-13. 2009..There are few data on the incidence of benign infections (upper respiratory tract infections, herpes lesions and viral warts) during exposure to azathioprine...
- Review article: the role of bacteria in onset and perpetuation of inflammatory bowel diseaseP Seksik
Département d Hépato Gastroentérologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, AP HP, Paris, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 24:11-8. 2006..Studies searching for a generalized or localized dysbiosis in IBD are discussed, as well as those trying to identify bacterial molecules and receptors, which may be implicated in triggering the inflammatory process...
- Plexitis as a predictive factor of early postoperative clinical recurrence in Crohn's diseaseH Sokol
AP HP, Saint Antoine Hospital, Gastroenterology and Nutrition Department, Paris, France
Gut 58:1218-25. 2009..The aim of the present study was to assess the predictive value of plexitis for early clinical CD recurrence...
- Temperature gradient gel electrophoresis of fecal 16S rRNA reveals active Escherichia coli in the microbiota of patients with ulcerative colitisH Sokol
INRA, UEPSD, CR de Jouy en Josas, 78352 Jouy en Josas, France
J Clin Microbiol 44:3172-7. 2006..E. coli is more represented in the active microbiota of UC patients. The possible pathophysiological role of this difference remains to be determined...
- Increase in fecal primary bile acids and dysbiosis in patients with diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndromeH Duboc
Hepato Gastro Enterology Department, Louis Mourier Hospital, University Paris VII, AP HP, Colombes, France
Neurogastroenterol Motil 24:513-20, e246-7. 2012..We compared fecal BA profiles and microbiota in healthy subjects (HS) and patients with diarrhea-predominant IBS (IBS-D), and we searched for an association with symptoms...
- Inflammatory bowel disease and lymphoproliferative disorders: the dust is starting to settleH Sokol
Department of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, AP HP, Hôpital Saint Antoine and UPMC University Paris 06, Paris, France
Gut 58:1427-36. 2009....
- The impact of cytomegalovirus reactivation and its treatment on the course of inflammatory bowel diseaseM Delvincourt
Department of Gastroenterology, Saint Antoine Hospital, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris and Paris VI University, Paris, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 39:712-20. 2014..Consequences of latent cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection reactivation on inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) flare, as a flare-worsening factor or simple bystander, are debated. Impact of anti-viral treatment on IBD course is poorly known...
- Unilateral carotid granulomatous arteritis and Crohn's diseaseC Gobron
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Lariboisiere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 2, rue Ambroise Pare, 75010 Paris, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 166:542-6. 2010..Biopsies of the temporal and carotid arteries showed large-vessel granulomatous arteritis, with features of both giant cell and Takayasu's arteritis...
- Is there any place for alimentary probiotics, prebiotics or synbiotics, for patients with inflammatory bowel disease?Philippe Seksik
AP HP, Hopital Saint Antoine, Gastroenterology and Nutrition Department, University Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Mol Nutr Food Res 52:906-12. 2008..Despite an ecological (hopefully nutritional) treatment of IBD is promising, many questions remain unanswered and further clinical and fundamental studies are needed...
- Analysis of bacterial bowel communities of IBD patients: what has it revealed?Harry Sokol
Gastroenterology and Nutrition Unit, Saint Antoine Hospital, APHP, Paris, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 14:858-67. 2008..Confounding factors need to be eliminated from future studies by using better-defined patient populations of newly diagnosed and untreated individuals and by improved sampling procedures...