- gSG6-P1 salivary biomarker discriminates micro-geographical heterogeneity of human exposure to Anopheles bites in low and seasonal malaria areasAndre Barembaye Sagna
Centre de Recherche Biomédicale CRB Espoir Pour La Santé, 269 Route de la corniche, Sor BP 226, Saint Louis, Senegal
Parasit Vectors 6:68. 2013....
- Prevalence of molecular markers of drug resistance in an area of seasonal malaria chemoprevention in children in SenegalAminata C Lo
Service of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, University Cheikh Anta Diop, Dakar, Senegal
Malar J 12:137. 2013..Here are report the effect of SMC delivery on the prevalence of markers of resistance to SP and AQ...
- Point-of-care laboratory of pathogen diagnosis in rural SenegalCheikh Sokhna
URMITE, IRD 198, UM63, CNRS 7278, INSERM 1095, Aix Marseille Universite, Marseille, France
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 7:e1999. 2013....
- Low and seasonal malaria transmission in the middle Senegal River basin: identification and characteristics of Anopheles vectorsMamadou O Ndiath
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, UMR 198 URMITE Campus international de Hann, IRD BP 1386 CP 18524 Dakar, Senegal
Parasit Vectors 5:21. 2012..These intensified the practice of agriculture along the river valley basin. We conducted a study to assess malaria vector diversity, dynamics and malaria transmission in the area...
- Conditions of malaria transmission in Dakar from 2007 to 2010Libasse Gadiaga
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, UMR 198, Unite Mixte de Recherche 6236, Route des Pères Maristes, BP 1386 Dakar, Senegal
Malar J 10:312. 2011..In order to improve the knowledge of the determinants of malaria transmission in this city, the present study reports the results of an extensive entomological survey that was conducted in 45 areas in Dakar from 2007 to 2010...
- Comparative susceptibility to Plasmodium falciparum of the molecular forms M and S of Anopheles gambiae and Anopheles arabiensisMamadou O Ndiath
Unité de Recherche sur les Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales Emergentes URMITE, IRD, BP 1386 Dakar, Senegal
Malar J 10:269. 2011..The aim of this study was to compare the susceptibility of M and S molecular forms of Anopheles gambiae and Anopheles arabiensis to infection by Plasmodium falciparum...
- Methods to collect Anopheles mosquitoes and evaluate malaria transmission: a comparative study in two villages in SenegalMamadou O Ndiath
Institut de Recherche pour Développement, UMR 198 URMITE Campus international de Hann, IRD BP 1386 CP 18524 Dakar, Senegal
Malar J 10:270. 2011..The aim of this study was to compare the number and characteristics of mosquitoes sampled in two areas of Senegal by three different methods: HLC, light traps adjacent to an occupied bed net (LT/N), pyrethrum spray catches (PSC)...
- Immunological consequences of intermittent preventive treatment against malaria in Senegalese preschool childrenDenis Boulanger
Unité Mixte de Recherche 145, Institut de Recherche pour le Développement and Université Montpellier 1, 911 Avenue Agropolis, BP64501, 34394 Montpellier, France
Malar J 9:363. 2010..A significant concern is whether IPTc increases children's susceptibility to subsequent malaria infection by altering their anti-Plasmodium acquired immunity...
- Looking for Tropheryma whipplei source and reservoir in rural SenegalAlpha Kabinet Keita
Aix Marseille Universite, Unite des Rickettsies, Unité de Recherche sur les Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales Emergentes URMITE, UM63, CNRS 7278, IRD 198, INSERM 1095, 13005 Marseille, France
Am J Trop Med Hyg 88:339-43. 2013..Humans are currently the predominant identified reservoir and source of T. whipplei in these populations. Limited access to toilets and exposure to human feces facilitate the fecal-oral transmission of T. whipplei...
- Multiplex real-time PCR diagnostic of relapsing fevers in AfricaHaitham Elbir
Aix Marseille Universite, URMITE, UMR63, CNRS 7278, IRD 198, INSERM 1095, Marseille, France
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 7:e2042. 2013..It would be hugely beneficial to have simultaneous detection and identification of Borrelia to species level directly from clinical samples...
- Coxiella burnetii in humans and ticks in rural SenegalOleg Mediannikov
URMITE, UMR IRD 198 CNRS 6236, Mediterranean University, Medical Faculty, Marseille, France
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 4:e654. 2010..Q fever is a worldwide zoonotic disease caused by Coxiella burnetii. Epidemiologically, animals are considered reservoirs and humans incidental hosts...
- Tropheryma whipplei: a common bacterium in rural SenegalAlpha Kabinet Keita
Unite de Recherche sur les Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales Emergentes, URMITE CNRS IRD 198 UMR 6236, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 5:e1403. 2011....
- Description of "yaaf", the vesicular fever caused by acute Rickettsia felis infection in SenegalOleg Mediannikov
URMITE UMR 7278, Aix Marseille Universite, Faculte de Medecine, 27 Bd Jean Moulin, 13005 Marseille, France
J Infect 66:536-40. 2013..The patient did not produce antibodies against Rickettsia. We suggest that this disease may be a primary infection caused by R. felis...
- Risk mapping of Anopheles gambiae s.l. densities using remotely-sensed environmental and meteorological data in an urban area: Dakar, SenegalVanessa Machault
Département d Infectiologie de Terrain Equipe 7 Maladies Emergentes et Moustiques Unité de Recherche sur les Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales Emergentes URMITE UMR6236, Institut de recherche biomédicale des armées IRBA, Marseille, France
PLoS ONE 7:e50674. 2012..In this study a robust operational methodology for entomological malaria predictive risk maps in urban settings is developed...
- The Correlation of Q fever and Coxiella burnetii DNA in household environments in rural SenegalPavel Ratmanov
Unite de Recherche sur les Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales Emergentes, Faculte de Medecine, Marseille, France
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 13:70-2. 2013..Our findings show an association of environmental C. burnetii with human Q fever cases in a recently identified endemic area in rural Senegal...
- Tropheryma whipplei in fecal samples from children, SenegalFlorence Fenollar
Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Emerg Infect Dis 15:922-4. 2009..Unique genotypes were associated with this bacterium. Our findings suggest that T. whipplei is emerging as a highly prevalent pathogen in sub-Saharan Africa...
- Multispacer sequence typing relapsing fever Borreliae in AfricaHaitham Elbir
Unité de Recherche sur les Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales Emergentes URMITE, UMR CNRS 6236 IRD 198, Faculte de Medecine, Méditerranée Infection, Aix Marseille Universite, Marseille, France
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 6:e1652. 2012..They cause mild to deadly undifferentiated fever particularly severe in pregnant women. Lack of a tool to genotype these Borrelia organisms limits knowledge regarding their reservoirs and their epidemiology...
- A multiplex assay for the simultaneous detection of antibodies against 15 Plasmodium falciparum and Anopheles gambiae saliva antigensElena Ambrosino
IRBA and UMR6236, Marseille, France
Malar J 9:317. 2010..Thus, the aim of this study was to develop a sensitive tool to assess the exposure to malaria or to bites from the vector Anopheles gambiae, despite anti-malarial prophylactic treatment...
- Multinormal in vitro distribution model suitable for the distribution of Plasmodium falciparum chemosusceptibility to doxycyclineSebastien Briolant
Unité de Recherche en Biologie et Epidémiologie Parasitaires, Institut de Medecine Tropicale du Service de Sante des Armees, Le Pharo, Marseille, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:688-95. 2009..In Senegal, 55% of the P. falciparum isolates were predicted to be classified as component C. The cutoff of reduced susceptibility to doxycycline in vitro was estimated to be 35 microM...
- Molecular detection of eukaryotes in a single human stool sample from SenegalIbrahim Hamad
URMITE UMR IRD 198, IHU Méditerranée Infection, Aix Marseille Universite, Marseille, France
PLoS ONE 7:e40888. 2012..The diversity of eukaryotes inhabiting humans remains relatively unexplored because of either the low abundance of these organisms in human gut or because they have received limited attention from a whole-community perspective...
- Malaria transmission in Dakar: a two-year surveyFrederic Pages
Unité d entomologie médicale, Institut de Medecine Tropicale du Service de Sante des Armees, Marseille, France
Malar J 7:178. 2008..However; there was some evidence of local transmission based on reports of malaria among permanent residents. An entomological evaluation of malaria transmission was conducted from May 2005 to October 2006 in two areas of Dakar...