Jean Yves Sire
- The amelogenin story: origin and evolutionJean Yves Sire
Equipe Evolution and Développement du Squelette, UMR7138 Systématique, Adaptation, Evolution CNRS, Universite Pierre and Marie Curie, MNHN, IRD, ENS Paris, France
Eur J Oral Sci 114:64-77; discussion 93-5, 379-80. 2006..This duplication occurred long before tetrapod differentiation, probably in an ancestral osteichthyan. The story of AMEL origin is completed as follows: SPARC-->HEVIN-->ENAM-->AMBN-->AMEL...
- The enamelin genes in lizard, crocodile, and frog and the pseudogene in the chicken provide new insights on enamelin evolution in tetrapodsNawfal Al-Hashimi
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, UMR 7138 Systématique Adaptation Evolution, Paris, France
Mol Biol Evol 27:2078-94. 2010....
- Evolutionary story of mammalian-specific amelogenin exons 4, "4b", 8, and 9J Y Sire
Evolution and Développement du squelette, UMR 7138, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 7 quai Saint Bernard, Paris, France
J Dent Res 91:84-9. 2012..A sequence analogous to exon "4b", and to exon 9, could not be amplified from the respective tooth cDNA, indicating that even though sequences similar to these exons are present, they are not transcribed in these species...
- Hen's teeth with enamel cap: from dream to impossibilityJean Yves Sire
Université Pierre and Marie Curie Paris 6, UMR 7138 Systématique, Adaptation, Evolution, 7 quai St Bernard, 75005, Paris, France
BMC Evol Biol 8:246. 2008..The next odontogenetic step would have been tooth differentiation, involving deposition of dental proteins...
- Origin and evolution of the integumentary skeleton in non-tetrapod vertebratesJean Yves Sire
Universite Pierre and Marie Curie, UMR, Paris, France
J Anat 214:409-40. 2009..Given its widespread distribution in non-tetrapod lineages we further propose that elasmodine is a very ancient tissue in vertebrates and predict that it will be found in ancestral rhombic scales and cosmoid scales...
- The dentin matrix acidic phosphoprotein 1 (DMP1) in the light of mammalian evolutionJérémie Silvent
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, UMR 7138, Paris, France
J Mol Evol 76:59-70. 2013..In the near future, functional studies could be performed to understand the role played by them...
- The histological structure of glyptosaurine osteoderms (Squamata: Anguidae), and the problem of osteoderm development in squamatesVivian de Buffrénil
Departement Histoire de la Terre, Museum national d histoire naturelle, UMR 7207 CNRS, Paris, France
J Morphol 271:729-37. 2010..The superficial layer of the osteoderms must have resulted from epidermal contribution, a conclusion that would support previous hypotheses on the role of epidermal-dermal interactions in the formation of squamate osteoderms...
- OC-116, the chicken ortholog of mammalian MEPE found in eggshell, is also expressed in bone cellsClaire Bardet
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Systématique Adaptation Evolution, 7 quai Saint Bernard, Paris, France
J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol 314:653-62. 2010....
- Evolutionary analysis of mammalian enamelin, the largest enamel protein, supports a crucial role for the 32-kDa peptide and reveals selective adaptation in rodents and primatesNawfal Al-Hashimi
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, UMR 7138 Systématique, Adaptation, Evolution, Case 5, 7 quai Saint Bernard, Batiment A, 4e Etage, 75005, Paris, France
J Mol Evol 69:635-56. 2009....
- Loss of teeth and enamel in tetrapods: fossil record, genetic data and morphological adaptationsTiphaine Davit-Beal
Universite Pierre and Marie Curie, UMR, Paris, France
J Anat 214:477-501. 2009..These hypotheses raise numerous questions that will hopefully be answered in the near future...
- MEPE evolution in mammals reveals regions and residues of prime functional importanceClaire Bardet
UMR 7138, Equipe Evolution and Développement du Squelette Université Paris 6, Paris, France
Cell Mol Life Sci 67:305-20. 2010..Our data indicate that MEPE was involved in various functions (bone and eggshell mineralization) prior to acquiring those currently known in placental mammals...
- The origin and evolution of enamel mineralization genesJean Yves Sire
UMR 7138, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
Cells Tissues Organs 186:25-48. 2007..This suggests that enamel matrix proteins (EMPs) have at least the same age. We review the current data on the origin, evolution and relationships of enamel mineralization genes...
- Amphibian teeth: current knowledge, unanswered questions, and some directions for future researchTiphaine Davit-Beal
UMR 7138 Systématique, Adaptation, Evolution, Université Pierre and Marie Curie Paris 6 Case 7077, 7 quai St Bernard, Paris 75005, France
Biol Rev Camb Philos Soc 82:49-81. 2007..This salamander has been used extensively in experimental embryology research during the past century and appears to be one of the most favourable amphibian species to use as a model in studies of tooth development...
- Identification of the pre-T-cell receptor alpha chain in nonmammalian vertebrates challenges the structure-function of the moleculePhilippe Smelty
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Unité Mixte de Recherche Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique 7622, 75252 Paris Cedex 05, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:19991-6. 2010..Together, our data provide arguments for revisiting the current model of pTα signaling...
- Morphological variations in a tooth family through ontogeny in Pleurodeles waltl (Lissamphibia, Caudata)Tiphaine Davit-Beal
CNRS UMR 7138, Equipe Evolution and Développement du Squelette, Universite Paris 6, Paris, France
J Morphol 267:1048-65. 2006..Most of these modifications take place progressively from one tooth generation to the next, but the change from monocuspid to bicuspid tooth occurs during the tooth I3 to tooth I4 transition at metamorphosis...
- Collagen osteoid-like model allows kinetic gene expression studies of non-collagenous proteins in relation with mineral development to understand bone biomineralizationJérémie Silvent
UMR 7574, Chimie de la matière condensée de Paris, Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e57344. 2013..It also emphasizes the importance of high collagen density environment in bone cell physiology...
- Conservation of amelogenin gene expression during tetrapod evolutionNathalie Assaraf-Weill
UMR 7138, Research Group Evolution and Development of the Skeleton, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol 320:200-9. 2013..These findings indicate that high variations in the central region of AMEL have not modified its temporospatial expression during amelogenesis for 360 million years of tetrapod evolution...
- Scale development in fish: a review, with description of sonic hedgehog (shh) expression in the zebrafish (Danio rerio)Jean Yves Sire
Equipe Evolution et développement du squelette, Université Paris 6 Pierre and Marie Curie, Paris, France
Int J Dev Biol 48:233-47. 2004..This pattern of expression suggests that shh may be involved in the control of scale morphogenesis and differentiation in relationship with the formation of the epidermal fold in the posterior region...