Genomes and Genes
- [Efficacy and tolerance of propafenone after correction of atrial fibrillation: PEPS pharmaco-epidemiologic study]T Simon
Service de Pharmacologie, CHU Saint Antoine, 27, rue de Chaligny, 75012 Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 95:567-72. 2002..The efficacy of the treatment for the maintenance of sinus rhythm is in accordance with previously published results...
- Combined glutathione-S-transferase M1 and T1 genetic polymorphism and tacrine hepatotoxicityT Simon
Pharmacology Department, INSERM SC4, Saint Antoine University, Paris, France
Clin Pharmacol Ther 67:432-7. 2000..Glutathione conjugation of tacrine reactive metabolites depends in part on the activity of glutathione-S-transferases (GST), of which two isozymes (GST M1 and GST T1) are polymorphically expressed...
- Impact of age and gender on in-hospital and late mortality after acute myocardial infarction: increased early risk in younger women: results from the French nation-wide USIC registriesTabassome Simon
Department of Pharmacology, Saint Antoine, Pierre et Marie Curie University, 27 rue Chaligny, 75012 AP HP, and Department of Cardiology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Eur Heart J 27:1282-8. 2006..To determine whether sex differences of in-hospital and after-discharge mortality differ according to the age...
- [Controversies on the arterial risk of hormone substitution treatment]Tabassome Simon
Departement de Pharmacologie, Universite Paris VI, Faculte de Medecine Saint Antoine, AP HP, Paris, France
Therapie 59:63-70. 2004
- Rationale, design and methods of the CASHMERE studyTabassome Simon
Department of Pharmacology, Paris VI University, Saint Antoine University Hospital AP HP, Paris, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 18:131-8. 2004..The results are expected for 2007...
- Bisoprolol dose-response relationship in patients with congestive heart failure: a subgroup analysis in the cardiac insufficiency bisoprolol study(CIBIS II)T Simon
Department of Pharmacology, Saint Antoine University Hospital AP HP, 27, rue Chaligny, 75012, Paris, France
Eur Heart J 24:552-9. 2003..Whether all patients with congestive heart failure (CHF) need to reach the target dose of beta-blocker to obtain a benefit in terms of survival remains uncertain...
- Influence of tamoxifen on carotid intima-media thickness in postmenopausal womenT Simon
Department of Pharmacology, St Antoine University Hospital, Paris, France
Circulation 106:2925-9. 2002..The goal of this study was to determine the influence of tamoxifen on IMT-CCA in menopausal women...
- Variability of cytochrome P450 1A2 activity over time in young and elderly healthy volunteersT Simon
Department of Pharmacology, Saint Antoine Paris VI University Hospital, Paris, France
Br J Clin Pharmacol 52:601-4. 2001..To assess the age-associated changes over time of plasma paraxanthine/caffeine (PAX/CAF) ratios used as a probe for CYP1A2 activity...
- Sex differences in the prognosis of congestive heart failure: results from the Cardiac Insufficiency Bisoprolol Study (CIBIS II)T Simon
Department of Pharmacology, INSERM SC4, Paris VI University, Saint Antoine University Hospital, rue Chaligny, Paris, France
Circulation 103:375-80. 2001..We examined whether survival was different in men (n=2132) and women (n=515) enrolled in CIBIS II...
- [Flecainide controlled-release for prevention of atrial fibrillation relapse]T Simon
Service de Pharmacologie, AP HP, Faculte de Medecine Pierre et Marie Curie, site Saint Antoine, Universite Paris 6, 27, rue Chaligny, 75012 Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 99:109-16. 2006..A new controlled-release (LP) formulation of flecainide was recently introduced. The objectives of this observational study were to evaluate the benefit/risk ratio of LI or LP flecainide treatment for prevention of AF relapse...
- Five-year survival in patients with ST-segment-elevation myocardial infarction according to modalities of reperfusion therapy: the French Registry on Acute ST-Elevation and Non-ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (FAST-MI) 2005 CohortNicolas Danchin
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France N D, E P INSERM U 970, Paris, France N D, E P Université Paris Descartes, Paris, France N D, E P Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Hopital Bichat, Paris, France P G S INSERM U 698, Paris, France P G S Université Paris Diderot, Paris, France P G S Centre Hospitalier Régional Universitaire de Lille, Lille, France P G Hôpital Jean Minjoz, Besancon, France F S Université de Franche Comté, Besancon, France F S Centre Hospitalier d Annecy, Annecy, France L B Hôpital du Bocage, Dijon, France Y C Université de Bourgogne, Dijon, France Y C Clinique Pasteur, Toulouse, France J Fajadet Centre Hospitalier Régional de Metz Thionville, Metz, France K K Hôpital du Haut Levêque, Pessac, France P C Université Bordeaux Segalen, Bordeaux, France P C Hôpital Rangueil, Toulouse, Department of Embryology and Teratology
Circulation 129:1629-36. 2014..Although primary percutaneous coronary intervention (pPCI) is the preferred reperfusion method for ST-segment-elevation myocardial infarction, it remains difficult to implement in many areas, and fibrinolytic therapy is still widely used...
- [Acute myocardial infarction in the elderly. The FAST-MI registry]Etienne Puymirat
Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris Descartes, 75015 Paris, France
Presse Med 42:1432-41. 2013..In-hospital mortality increases with age, particularly after 85 years, but has decreased compared with previous French surveys. ..
- Comparison of bleeding complications and one-year survival of low molecular weight heparin versus unfractioned heparin for acute myocardial infarction in elderly patients. The FAST-MI registryEtienne Puymirat
Division of Coronary Artery Disease and Intensive Cardiac Care, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Int J Cardiol 166:106-10. 2013..There are limited data on the safety and efficacy of low molecular weight heparin (LMWH) in elderly patients with acute myocardial infarction (AMI)...
- Association of menopause and hormone replacement therapy with large artery remodelingAnne Gompel
Universite Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
Fertil Steril 96:1445-50. 2011..To evaluate the remodeling of large arteries according to age at menopause, duration of menopause, and use of hormone therapy (HT)...
- Use of invasive strategy in non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction is a major determinant of improved long-term survival: FAST-MI (French Registry of Acute Coronary Syndrome)Etienne Puymirat
Division of Coronary Artery Disease and Intensive Cardiac Care, European Hospital of Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, University Paris Descartes, Paris, France
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 5:893-902. 2012....
- Association of changes in clinical characteristics and management with improvement in survival among patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarctionEtienne Puymirat
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Department of Cardiology, Universite Paris Descartes, and INSERM U 970, Paris, France
JAMA 308:998-1006. 2012..The contemporary decline in mortality reported in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) has been attributed mainly to improved use of reperfusion therapy...
- Comparison of efficacy and safety of a standard versus a loading dose of clopidogrel for acute myocardial infarction in patients ≥ 75 years of age (from the FAST-MI registry)Etienne Puymirat
Division of Coronary Artery Disease and Intensive Cardiac Care, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Am J Cardiol 108:755-9. 2011..Large-scale randomized trials are still needed to identify the optimal LD of clopidogrel for elderly patients admitted for AMI...
- Circulating levels of interleukin-17 and cardiovascular outcomes in patients with acute myocardial infarctionTabassome Simon
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, URC EST, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris APHP, Hôpital St Antoine Paris, University of Pierre et Marie Curie, 27 rue Chaligny, 75012 Paris, France
Eur Heart J 34:570-7. 2013..We investigated the relationship between serum levels of IL-17 and the risk of cardiovascular events in patients with acute myocardial infarction...
- Improved outcome of cardiogenic shock at the acute stage of myocardial infarction: a report from the USIK 1995, USIC 2000, and FAST-MI French nationwide registriesNadia Aissaoui
Division of Coronary Artery Disease and Intensive Cardiac Care, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Eur Heart J 33:2535-43. 2012..The historical evolution of incidence and outcome of cardiogenic shock (CS) in acute myocardial infarction (AMI) patients is debated. This study compared outcomes in AMI patients from 1995 to 2005, according to the presence of CS...
- Sleep quality and nocturnal hypoxaemia and hypercapnia in children and young adults with cystic fibrosisBrigitte Fauroux
AP HP, Pediatric Pulmonary Department, Hopital Armand Trousseau, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, INSERM U 955, 28 avenue du Docteur Arnold Netter, Paris, France
Arch Dis Child 97:960-6. 2012..The aim of the study was to evaluate sleep quality and nocturnal gas exchange in patients with cystic fibrosis (CF) and to assess if sleep quality and daytime lung function could predict nocturnal hypoxaemia or hypercapnia...
- Clinical events as a function of proton pump inhibitor use, clopidogrel use, and cytochrome P450 2C19 genotype in a large nationwide cohort of acute myocardial infarction: results from the French Registry of Acute ST-Elevation and Non-ST-Elevation MyocardTabassome Simon
Department of Pharmacology, Clinical Research Unit, APHP, St Antoine Hospital, UMPC Paris 06 University, 27 rue Chaligny, Paris, France
Circulation 123:474-82. 2011..This analysis compares treatment outcomes for patients in the French Registry of Acute ST-Elevation and Non-ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (FAST-MI) who did or did not receive clopidogrel and/or PPIs...
- Risk of colorectal high-grade dysplasia and cancer in a prospective observational cohort of patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseLaurent Beaugerie
Department of Gastroenterology, AP HP, Hôpital Saint Antoine F 75012 and UPMC Univ Paris 06 F 75005, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 145:166-175.e8. 2013..We analyzed data on CRC development among patients with IBD enrolled in the observational cohort Cancers et Surrisque Associé aux Maladies Inflammatoires Intestinales En France (CESAME)...
- Lymphoproliferative disorders in patients receiving thiopurines for inflammatory bowel disease: a prospective observational cohort studyLaurent Beaugerie
Department of Gastroenterology, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Saint Antoine, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI, Paris, France
Lancet 374:1617-25. 2009..Reports of an increased risk of lymphoproliferative disorders in patients receiving thiopurines for inflammatory bowel disease are controversial. We assessed this risk in a prospective observational cohort study...
- Influence of pravastatin on carotid artery structure and function in dyslipidemic HIV-infected patients receiving antiretroviral therapyFranck Boccara
Department of Pharmacology, Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, INSERM 652, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
AIDS 20:2395-8. 2006..Age and body mass index were independent determinants of IMT of the CCA. Mean arterial pressure, age, duration of HIV infection and protease inhibitor exposure determined aortic stiffness...
- Excess primary intestinal lymphoproliferative disorders in patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseHarry Sokol
Department of Gastroenterology, AP HP, Hôpital Saint Antoine and UPMC University of Paris, Paris, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 18:2063-71. 2012..We assessed this risk in the CESAME French nationwide prospective observational cohort...
- [Genetic polymorphism of beta-adrenergic receptors and mortality in ischemic heart disease]Patrice Jaillon
Service de Pharmacologie, Hôpital Saint Antoine AP HP et Faculté de Médecine Pierre et Marie Curie, Universite Paris VI, Paris, France
Therapie 62:1-7. 2007..These data suggest that B2AR genetic polymorphism should be systematically studied in clinical trials in myocardial ischemia, with or without congestive heart failure...
- Combined inhibition of CCL2, CX3CR1, and CCR5 abrogates Ly6C(hi) and Ly6C(lo) monocytosis and almost abolishes atherosclerosis in hypercholesterolemic miceChristophe Combadiere
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unit 543, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris 6, Paris, France
Circulation 117:1649-57. 2008..Evidence that particular chemokine pathways may cooperate to promote monocyte accumulation into inflamed tissues, particularly atherosclerotic arteries, is still lacking...
- Comparison of thrombolysis followed by broad use of percutaneous coronary intervention with primary percutaneous coronary intervention for ST-segment-elevation acute myocardial infarction: data from the french registry on acute ST-elevation myocardial infNicolas Danchin
Division of Coronary Artery Disease and Intensive Cardiac Care, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique des Hôpitaux de Paris and Faculté René Descartes, Universite Paris 5, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Circulation 118:268-76. 2008....
- Impact of age and gender interaction on circulating endothelial progenitor cells in healthy subjectsAlexandra Rousseau
Clinical Research Unit URC EST and Department of Pharmacology, AP HP, Saint Antoine Hospital, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
Fertil Steril 93:843-6. 2010..To assess the level of circulating endothelial progenitor cells (CEPC) in cycling women compared with men and menopausal women...
- B lymphocytes trigger monocyte mobilization and impair heart function after acute myocardial infarctionYasmine Zouggari
1 Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM, Unit 970, Paris Cardiovascular Research Center, Paris, France 2 Université Paris Descartes, Paris, France 3
Nat Med 19:1273-80. 2013..This work identifies a crucial interaction between mature B lymphocytes and monocytes after acute myocardial ischemia and identifies new therapeutic targets for acute myocardial infarction. ..
- A multicentric randomized controlled trial on the impact of lengthening the interval between neoadjuvant radiochemotherapy and surgery on complete pathological response in rectal cancer (GRECCAR-6 trial): rationale and designJeremie H Lefevre
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Department of Digestive Surgery, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184, rue du Fbg Saint Antoine, 75012 Paris, France
BMC Cancer 13:417. 2013..The aim of the present study is to evaluate in 264 patients the rate of pathological complete response rate of rectal cancer after RCT by lengthening the time between RCT and surgery...
- Occupational status moderates the association between current perceived stress and high blood pressure: evidence from the IPC cohort studyEmmanuel Wiernik
Unité de Psychologie et Psychiatrie de liaison et d urgence, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Hypertension 61:571-7. 2013..The association between current perceived stress and BP depends on occupational status. This interaction may account for previous conflicting results and warrants further studies to explore its underlying mechanisms...
- Variability of intensive care admission decisions for the very elderlyAriane Boumendil
Unité de Recherche en Épidémiologie Systèmes d Information et Modélisation U707, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e34387. 2012..In France, the likelihood that a very elderly person will be admitted to an ICU varies widely from one hospital to another. Influence of intensive care admission on patients' outcome remains unclear...
- Selection of intensive care unit admission criteria for patients aged 80 years and over and compliance of emergency and intensive care unit physicians with the selected criteria: An observational, multicenter, prospective studyMaite Garrouste-Orgeas
Saint Joseph Hospital Network, Medical Chirurgical ICU, Paris, France
Crit Care Med 37:2919-28. 2009..To describe intensive care unit referral decisions by emergency room physicians in patients aged > or =80 yrs...
- Impact of early statin therapy on development of atrial fibrillation at the acute stage of myocardial infarction: data from the FAST-MI registerNicolas Danchin
Cardiology Department, Hoˆpital Europe en Georges Pompidou and Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Heart 96:1809-14. 2010..The aim of this study was to determine correlations between early statin therapy and atrial fibrillation in acute myocardial infarction...
- Comparison of routine and on-demand prescription of chest radiographs in mechanically ventilated adults: a multicentre, cluster-randomised, two-period crossover studyGilles Hejblum
U707, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Paris, France
Lancet 374:1687-93. 2009..By comparison between routine and on-demand strategies, we aimed to establish which strategy was more efficient and effective for optimum patient care...
- Renin-angiotensin system antagonists and clinical outcomes in stable coronary artery disease without heart failureEmmanuel Sorbets
Département Hospitalo Universitaire FIRE, Universite Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France Inserm U 1148, Paris, France Hôpital Bichat, AP HP, Paris, France Hôpital Avicenne, AP HP, Bobigny, France Université Paris XIII, Bobigny, France
Eur Heart J 35:1760-8. 2014....
- Pulmonary acceleration time to optimize the timing of lung transplant in cystic fibrosisThibaud Damy
Department of Cardiology, AP HP, Henri Mondor Hospital, Creteil, France
Pulm Circ 2:75-83. 2012..001) but not in patients with sPAP>35 mmHg. By multivariate analysis, FEV(1)and nocturnal desaturation were the main determinants of reduced PAT. A PAT<101 ms reduction is a promising tool for timing of lung transplantation in CF...
- Lactadherin deficiency leads to apoptotic cell accumulation and accelerated atherosclerosis in miceHafid Ait-Oufella
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unit 689, Centre de Recherché Cardiovasculaire Lariboisière, 41 Bd de la Chapelle, 75010, Paris, France
Circulation 115:2168-77. 2007..Atherosclerosis is an immunoinflammatory disease; however, the key factors responsible for the maintenance of immune regulation in a proinflammatory milieu are poorly understood...
- Circulating secretory phospholipase A2 activity and risk of incident coronary events in healthy men and women: the EPIC-Norfolk studyZiad Mallat
INSERM U689, Centre de Recherché Cardiovasculaire Lariboisière, Paris, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:1177-83. 2007..To assess the association between secretory phospholipase A2 (sPLA2) activity, which encompasses several types of sPLA2, and cardiovascular disease (CAD) in healthy individuals...
- [Management of cardiovascular risk in the peri-menopausal woman--a consensus statement of European cardiologists and gynaecologists]Peter Collins
NHLI, Imperial College London, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, Wielka Brytania
Kardiol Pol 65:1331-46; discussion 1347-49. 2007
- Estrogen plus progestin and risk of venous thrombosisPierre Yves Scarabin
JAMA 293:1322; author reply 1322-3. 2005
- Non-interventional research and usual care: definition, regulatory aspects, difficulties and recommendationsFrancois Lemaire
Medical Intensive Care, Henri Mondor Hospital, Creteil, France
Therapie 63:103-6, 97-101. 2008....
- Management of cardiovascular risk in the peri-menopausal woman: a consensus statement of European cardiologists and gynaecologistsPeter Collins
NHLI, Imperial College London, Royal Brompton Hospital, Dovehouse Street, London SW3 6LY, UK
Eur Heart J 28:2028-40. 2007....