- Ethical dilemmas in extreme prematurity: recent answers; more questionsUmberto Simeoni
Department of Neonatology, La Timone University Hospital, 264 rue Saint Pierre, 13385 Marseille, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 117:S33-6. 2004....
- The neonatal kidney: implications for drug metabolism and eliminationI Ligi
Division of Neonatology, La Conception Hospital, AP HM, 147 Boulevard Baille, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
Curr Drug Metab 14:174-7. 2013..Drugs and toxic factors that may alter the constitution of the congenital nephron number endowment during this period may have long term consequences on arterial pressure and renal function at adulthood...
- Offspring of diabetic pregnancy: long-term outcomesUmberto Simeoni
INSERM UMR608, Universite de la Mediterranee, France Faculté de Médecine, Universite de la Mediterranee, France Division of Neonatology, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, France
Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 14:119-24. 2009....
- [Ethics in perinatal medicine: reflections from health care professionals in France, 2001-2008]U Simeoni
Service de Medecine Neonatale, Hopital de la Conception, Hopitaux de Marseille, Marseille, France
Arch Pediatr 16:S28-37. 2009....
- [Developmental origins of adult cardio-vascular disease: an issue for very low birth weight infants?]U Simeoni
Service de Neonatologie, Universite de la Mediterranee, Hopital de la Conception, APHM, EA2193, Marseille, France
Arch Pediatr 14:557-9. 2007
- Adverse consequences of accelerated neonatal growth: cardiovascular and renal issuesUmberto Simeoni
Division of Neonatology, Hopital la Conception, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, 147 Boulevard Baille, 13385, Marseille, France
Pediatr Nephrol 26:493-508. 2011....
- Long-term circulatory and renal consequences of intrauterine growth restrictionUmberto Simeoni
Division of Neonatology, AP HM and EA2193, Universite de la Mediterranee, La Conception Hospital, 147 Boulevard Baille, 13385 Marseille Cedex 05, France
Acta Paediatr 94:819-24. 2005..In this review article, present knowledge about the background to renal dysfunction as seen in IUGR is summarized. The way in which arterial hypertension and cardiovascular dysfunction may be programmed in IUGR is also speculated...
- Early postnatal overfeeding induces early chronic renal dysfunction in adult male ratsFarid Boubred
INSERM UMR608, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 297:F943-51. 2009..Early postnatal OF is a suitable model with which to study the long-term effects of postnatal growth in the pathogenesis of vascular disorders and renal disease...
- Iatrogenic events in neonates: beneficial effects of prevention strategies and continuous monitoringIsabelle Ligi
Division of Neonatology, La Conception Hospital, AP HM, 147 Boulevard Baille, 13385 Marseille, France
Pediatrics 126:e1461-8. 2010..To assess the impact of continuous incident reporting and subsequent prevention strategies on the incidence of severe iatrogenic events and targeted priorities in admitted neonates...
- Effects of early postnatal hypernutrition on nephron number and long-term renal function and structure in ratsFarid Boubred
Division of Neonatology, Hopital la Conception, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, 147, boulevard Baille, 13385 Marseille, France
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F1944-9. 2007..Factors other than glomerular number reduction are likely to contribute to the arterial hypertension induced by early postnatal OF...
- Ibubrofen in the treatment of patent ductus arteriosus in preterm infants: what we know, what we still do not knowIsabelle Mercanti
Div Neonatology, Parents Children Pole, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille and Université de la Méditerranée, Marseille, France
Curr Pharm Des 18:3007-18. 2012..Despite an understandable reluctance given the historical background of systematic, therapeutic closure of ductus arteriosus in preterm infants, there are no definite ethical obstacles to a placebo-controlled design...
- Altered angiogenesis in low birth weight individuals: a role for anti-angiogenic circulating factorsIsabelle Ligi
Department of Neonatology, La Conception Hospital, Marseille, France
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 27:233-8. 2014..Conclusions: Serum obtained from LBW babies contains factors that exhibit an antiangiogenic effect on ECFC proliferation and migration. VEGF/sVEGF/PF4 pathway seems to be involved in the EPCs dysfunction in LBW neonates. ..
- Effects of maternally administered drugs on the fetal and neonatal kidneyFarid Boubred
Faculte de Medecine, Université de la Méditerrannée and Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Marseille, Hopital de la Conception, Service de Neonatologie, Marseille, France
Drug Saf 29:397-419. 2006..Although neonatal data for many drugs are reassuring, such findings stress the importance of long-term follow-up of infants exposed in utero to certain drugs that have been administered to the mother...
- Respiratory distress syndrome after elective caesarean section in near term infants: a 5-year cohort studyAnais Berthelot-Ricou
Faculte de Medecine, Université de la Méditerranée Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Marseille, Pôle de gynécologie obstétrique et reproduction, Marseille, France
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 26:176-82. 2013..to assess the incidence of respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) in late preterm (34(0/7)-36(6/7)) and just term (37(0/7)-37(6/7)) infants born via elective caesarean section (CS) in a tertiary care maternity facility...
- Therapeutic closure of the ductus arteriosus: benefits and limitationsIsabelle Mercanti
Division of Neonatalogy, Children and Parents Pole, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille and Université de la Méditerranée, Marseille, France
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 22:14-20. 2009....
- Low birth weight infants and the developmental programming of hypertension: a focus on vascular factorsIsabelle Ligi
Service de Medecine Neonatale, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire La Conception, Marseille, France
Semin Perinatol 34:188-92. 2010..The key role of the endothelium, as shown by altered vasodilatation, angiogenesis, endothelial progenitor cells, and microparticle number and function, is discussed as a possible explanatory mechanism...
- Kidney gene expression analysis in a rat model of intrauterine growth restriction reveals massive alterations of coagulation genesChristophe Buffat
Laboratoire de Biochimie et de Biologie Moleculaire, Hôpitaux La Conception, Marseille, France
Endocrinology 148:5549-57. 2007..These alterations in the kidneys have been reported as a probable cause for cardiovascular diseases in the adult...
- Iatrogenic events in admitted neonates: a prospective cohort studyIsabelle Ligi
Division of Neonatology, La Conception Hospital, EA 3279, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Lancet 371:404-10. 2008..We aimed to assess the incidence, nature, preventability, and severity of iatrogenic events in a neonatal centre and to establish the association of patient characteristics with the occurrence of iatrogenic events in neonates...
- Clinical research in newborn infants: difficulties and specificityIsabelle Ligi
Division of Neonatology, La Conception Hospital, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Marseille and Faculté de Médecine, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 67:29-32. 2011..Clinical trials are essential in neonates to evaluate scientifically the efficacy and safety of drugs. However, major specificities condition clinical research in human neonates...
- [Neonatal meningitis due to Listeria monocytogenes after 3 weeks of maternal treatment during pregnancy]L Fayol
Département de néonatologie, Hopital la Conception, Universite de la Mediterranee, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, 13385 Marseille Cedex 05, France
Arch Pediatr 16:353-6. 2009..First-line treatment is based on high-dose amoxicillin (> or =6g/day) and must be used for at least 3 weeks for treatment of listeriosis during pregnancy. If the fetus survives, longer therapy until delivery can be discussed...
- [Extreme prematurity: the limits of neonatal resuscitation]U Simeoni
Département de néonatologie, Hôpital de La Timone Enfants et Hôpital de la Conception, Assistance Publique, Hopitaux de Marseille, 264, rue Saint Pierre, 13385 Marseille
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 30:S58-63. 2001..Rigorous criteria must be fulfilled for end of life decision making and procedures. Continuous assistance to the patient and to the parents is key determinant...
- [Neonatal hyperbilirubinemia: myths and realities]U Simeoni
Département de néonatologie, Hôpital de la Timone Enfants, 264, rue Saint Pierre, 13385 Marseille, France
Arch Pediatr 9:1072-3. 2002..This paper reproduces the introducing talk of the round table conference on current management of neonatal hyperbilirubinemia held during the Journée d'Actualité Lorraine en Néonatologie (JALON 2002, Nancy, october 5th 2002)...
- A switch toward angiostatic gene expression impairs the angiogenic properties of endothelial progenitor cells in low birth weight preterm infantsIsabelle Ligi
INSERM, Unité Mixte de Recherche 608, Physiopathologie de l Endothélium Marseille, Marseille, France
Blood 118:1699-709. 2011....
- Adams-Oliver syndrome associated with cutis marmorata telangiectatica congenita and congenital cataract: a case reportLaurence Fayol
Faculte de Medecine, Universite de la Mediterranee, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Marseille Hôpital de La Conception, Département de néonatologie, 147 Boulevard Baille, 13 385 Marseille Cedex 05, France
Am J Perinatol 23:197-200. 2006..Adams-Oliver syndrome is a genetic defect that causes a vasculopathy and leads to a variety of phenotypes. This observation further supports the current understanding of the physiopathology of AOS...
- Apparent life-threatening events in presumably healthy newborns during early skin-to-skin contactVirginie Andres
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, La Conception University Hospital, Marseille, France
Pediatrics 127:e1073-6. 2011..Although many ALTEs are apparently caused by obstruction, we suggest that a standardized investigational workup be performed after an ALTE...
- Quantitative and qualitative study of gastric lipolysis in premature infants: do MCT-enriched infant formulas improve fat digestion?Céline Roman
Service de Pédiatrie Multidisciplinaire, Hopital d Enfants de la Timone, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
Pediatr Res 61:83-8. 2007..26% wt/wt) acid. Similar results were obtained with infants fed with human milk. MCT supplementation has no quantitative or qualitative effects on the intragastric lipolysis, which is not higher in premature infant than in adults...
- Epicardial fat volume is associated with coronary microvascular response in healthy subjects: a pilot studyBenedicte Gaborit
Centre de Résonance Magnétique Biologique et Médicale CRMBM, CNRS UMR 6612, Marseille, France
Obesity (Silver Spring) 20:1200-5. 2012..A high EF amount is associated with a lower coronary microvascular response, suggesting that EF could early influence endothelial function...
- Fetal and neonatal consequences of antenatal exposure to type 1 angiotensin II receptor-antagonistsMaria Vendemmia
Department of Neonatology, Hôpital de la Timone Enfants, Marseille, France
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 18:137-40. 2005..The second patient presented with hypocalvaria and developed fetal renal failure. The use of sartans during the two last trimesters of pregnancy should be strictly avoided...
- Characteristics of arterial stiffness in very low birth weight premature infantsLaurent Tauzin
Division of Neonatology, Assitance Publique, Hôpitaux de Marseille and Faculté de Médecine, Universite de la Mediterranee, 13000 Marseille, France
Pediatr Res 60:592-6. 2006..It can be speculated that early alteration of arterial elastic properties may pave the way for long-term elevation of arterial pressure in VLBW premature infants...
- [Blood product transfusion in the neonatal period]F Arnaud
Service de neonatalogie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de la Mediterranee, Hopital de la Conception, AP HM, Marseille, France
Transfus Clin Biol 12:336-41. 2005..However, a better understanding of the indications of blood transfusion and the provision of practice guidelines may justify a re-evaluation of prophylactic strategies for anemia of prematurity...
- Vascular mechanisms in the developmental programming of cardio-vascular diseaseL Tauzin
Universite de la Mediterranee, Faculte de Medecine, Marseille, France
Pediatr Med Chir 27:18-23. 2005..Several factors, such as impaired foetal growth, premature birth or postnatal growth of low birth weight infants may be involved, but to which extent is still unclear...
- Unanswered questions raised by antenatal diagnosis of renal and urinary tract abnormalitiesU Simeoni
Department of Neonatology, La Timone University Hospital, Marseille, France
Pediatr Med Chir 24:101-3. 2002
- The CURPAP study: an international randomized controlled trial to evaluate the efficacy of combining prophylactic surfactant and early nasal continuous positive airway pressure in very preterm infantsFabrizio Sandri
Ospedale Maggiore, Bologna, Italy
Neonatology 94:60-2. 2008
- [End of life in neonatal medicine in the light of French law]C Dageville
Service de réanimation néonatale, Hopital Archet II, 151, Route de Saint Antoine de Ginestiere, 06202 Nice, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 36:571-81. 2008