Genomes and Genes
- Low molecular weight heparin treatment in elderly subjects with or without renal insufficiency: new insights between June 2002 and March 2004Virginie Siguret
Laboratoire d Hématologie and Unité de Gériatrie Aiguë, Hôpital Charles Foix University Hospital of Paris, Ivry Seine, France
Curr Opin Pulm Med 10:366-70. 2004..Little evidence is available to assess the risk/benefit ratio of low molecular weight heparins used at therapeutic dosages in elderly patients with or without renal insufficiency in normal clinical practice...
- Elderly patients treated with tinzaparin (Innohep) administered once daily (175 anti-Xa IU/kg): anti-Xa and anti-IIa activities over 10 daysV Siguret
Laboratoire d Hematologie, H pital Charles Foix, Ivry Seine, France
Thromb Haemost 84:800-4. 2000..Neither dose adjustment, nor serial anti-Xa activity monitoring seems to be required in patients with creatinine clearance above 20 mL/min during the first ten day treatment...
- Initiation of warfarin therapy in elderly medical inpatients: a safe and accurate regimenVirginie Siguret
Hematology Laboratory, Charles Foix Teaching Hospital AP HP, Paris, France
Am J Med 118:137-42. 2005..We conducted a prospective multicenter study to evaluate the accuracy and safety of this regimen...
- [Cytochrome P450 2C9 polymorphisms (CYP2C9) and warfarin maintenance dose in elderly patients]V Siguret
Laboratoire d Hematologie, Hopital Charles Foix, 7, avenue de la Republique, 94205 Ivry sur Seine cedex, France
Rev Med Interne 25:271-4. 2004..The aim of our purpose was to investigate whether a genetic factor, such as cyp2c9 genotype, does influence the warfarin maintenance dose in very elderly patients...
- [Monitoring of tinzaparin in a ten day treatment dose in elderly patients]E Pautas
Unité gériatrique aiguë, Hopital Charles Foix, avenue de la Republique, 94205 Ivry sur Seine, France
Rev Med Interne 22:120-6. 2001..Thus, we conducted a prospective study to determine whether tinzaparin, administered subcutaneously at treatment dose (175 anti-Xa IU/kg) once daily for 10 days, does accumulate in patients older than 70 years of age...
- Predicting the warfarin maintenance dose in elderly inpatients at treatment initiation: accuracy of dosing algorithms incorporating or not VKORC1/CYP2C9 genotypesC Moreau
Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
J Thromb Haemost 9:711-8. 2011..Initiating warfarin is challenging in frail elderly patients because of low-dose requirements and interindividual variability...
- Genetic factors (VKORC1, CYP2C9, EPHX1, and CYP4F2) are predictor variables for warfarin response in very elderly, frail inpatientsE Pautas
Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Clin Pharmacol Ther 87:57-64. 2010..8; 95% confidence interval, 2.73-60.0). In this special population of frail elderly patients with multiple comorbidities and polypharmacy, we demonstrated the main impact of genetic factors on warfarin response...
- No accumulation of the peak anti-factor Xa activity of tinzaparin in elderly patients with moderate-to-severe renal impairment: the IRIS substudyV Siguret
Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
J Thromb Haemost 9:1966-72. 2011..In the elderly, concerns have been raised regarding the risk of accumulation of low molecular weight heparins, owing to their renal elimination. Although data exist for tinzaparin, they are observational...
- Ruling out acute deep vein thrombosis by ELISA plasma D-dimer assay versus ultrasound in inpatients more than 70 years oldA F Le Blanche
Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging, Charles Foix Jean Rostand University Hospital Group, Ivry sur Seine, France
Angiology 50:873-82. 1999..In inpatients above 70, an ELISA plasma D-dimer value smaller than 750 ng/mL is a rapid reliable noninvasive means to rule out lower limb DVT, if color flow Doppler ultrasound is not available on site...
- [Excess antivitamin K in elderly hospitalised patients aged over 70. A one-year prospective survey]V Siguret
, G.H. Charles Foix-Jean Rostand (AP-HP, Ivry-sur-Seine (94
Presse Med 32:972-7. 2003..INR monitoring should be intensified in order to detect any excess and, if detected, ensure the optimal management of the patient...
- Heparin-releasable TFPI is not depleted after repeated injections of tinzaparin at therapeutic dose for up to 30 daysI Gouin-Thibault
J Thromb Haemost 1:2694-5. 2003
- [Prescribing guidance pocket chart on the initiation of warfarin therapy in a geriatric hospital: a useful but challenging tool]V Siguret
Laboratoire d Hematologie, Groupe Hospitalier Charles Foix Jean Rostand AP HP, Ivry sur Seine
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 64:245-51. 2006..Finally, the reasons for non-adherence to the recommendations were analyzed. This study illustrates an assessment of practice in an health care institution...
- [Impact of pharmacogenetics on interindividual variability in the response to vitamin K antagonist therapy]V Siguret
Service d Hématologie Hémostase, INSERM U765, Faculte des Sciences Pharmaceutiques et Biologiques, Université Paris Descartes Paris V, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 55:295-8. 2007..Predicting models of warfarin maintenance dosage taking into account these individual parameters are currently developed...
- [Oral anticoagulants in the elderly]M Debray
Département de Médecine Gériatrique et Communautaire, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, 38043 Cedex 09, Grenoble, France
Rev Med Interne 24:107-17. 2003..Finally, prescribers education supports must insist on the early course of therapy that is at higher risk of bleeding...