Genomes and Genes
- In silico identification and expression of SLC30 family genes: an expressed sequence tag data mining strategy for the characterization of zinc transporters' tissue expressionMichel Seve
DRFMC SCIB LAN, CEA Grenoble, Grenoble, France
BMC Genomics 5:32. 2004..ZnT proteins are members of the cation diffusion facilitator (CDF) family of metal ion transporters...
- Resveratrol enhances UVA-induced DNA damage in HaCaT human keratinocytesM Seve
Laboratoire des Lésions des Acides Nucléiques, DRFMC SCIB, CEA Grenoble, Grenoble, France
Med Chem 1:629-33. 2005..The conclusion is a potential hazardous effect of topical application of resveratrol, particularly on regions exposed to sunlight...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Tat protein impairs selenoglutathione peroxidase expression and activity by a mechanism independent of cellular selenium uptake: consequences on cellular resistance to UV-A radiationM J Richard
LBSO LCR7 No 8, Universite Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
Arch Biochem Biophys 386:213-20. 2001..All these disturbances, as well as the previously described decrease in Mn superoxide dismutase activity, are part of the viral strategy to modify the redox potential of cells and may have important consequences for patients...
- Differential regulation of zinc efflux transporters ZnT-1, ZnT-5 and ZnT-7 gene expression by zinc levels: a real-time RT-PCR studySéverine Devergnas
Laboratoire des Lésions des Acides Nucléiques, DRFMC SCIB LAN, CEA Grenoble, 17 rue des Martyrs, 38000 Grenoble, France
Biochem Pharmacol 68:699-709. 2004....
- ZnT-8, a pancreatic beta-cell-specific zinc transporterFabrice Chimienti
Laboratoire des Lésions des Acides Nucléiques, DRFMC SCIB LAN, CEA Grenoble, 17, rue des Martyrs, 38054, Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Biometals 18:313-7. 2005..We discovered mammalian orthologs (rat, mouse, chimpanzee, and dog) and found these ZnT-8 proteins very similar (98% conserved amino acids) to human ZnT-8, indicating a high conservation during evolution...
- In vivo expression and functional characterization of the zinc transporter ZnT8 in glucose-induced insulin secretionFabrice Chimienti
DRFMC SCIB LAN, UMR E3 CEA UJF, CEA Grenoble, 17 rue des Martyrs, 38054 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
J Cell Sci 119:4199-206. 2006..e. >10 mM glucose. Altogether, these data strongly suggest that the zinc transporter ZnT-8 is a key protein for both zinc accumulation and regulation of insulin secretion in pancreatic beta cells...
- Identification and cloning of a beta-cell-specific zinc transporter, ZnT-8, localized into insulin secretory granulesFabrice Chimienti
DRFMC SCIB LAN, CEA Grenoble, 17, rue des Martyrs, 38054 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Diabetes 53:2330-7. 2004....