- Does hospitalisation affect hypnotic and anxiolytic drug prescribing?Philippe Fagnoni
Department of Pharmacy, University Hospital of Besancon, Boulevard Fleming, Besancon, 25030, France
Pharm World Sci 29:611-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to measure the impact of hospitalisation on hypnotic and anxiolytic (HA) drug prescription, during and after hospitalisation...
- Amisulpride vs. risperidone in chronic schizophrenia: results of a 6-month double-blind studyDaniel Sechter
Department of Psychiatry, Saint Jacques Hospital, 2 Place Saint Jacques, 25030 Besancon Cedex, France
Neuropsychopharmacology 27:1071-81. 2002..Both treatments were well tolerated and had a similar low incidence of extrapyramidal symptoms; however, amisulpride was associated with less weight gain and endocrine/sexual symptoms...
- A comparative study of milnacipran and paroxetine in outpatients with major depressionDaniel Sechter
Service de psychiatrie de l adulte, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire St Jacques, Besancon, Cedex F 25030, France
J Affect Disord 83:233-6. 2004..Milnacipran is a dual-action antidepressant which inhibits both serotonin and noradrenaline reuptake with no affinity for any neurotransmitter receptor studied...
- Resting motor threshold changes and clinical response to prefrontal repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in depressed patientsJean Baptiste Pretalli
Department of Clinical Psychiatry, University Hospital of Besancon, Besancon, France
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 66:344-52. 2012..The aim of our study was to investigate whether or not RMT changes during the treatment of resistant depression by rTMS and whether these fluctuations could alter treatment outcome...
- Sociodemographic and psychopathological risk factors in repeated suicide attempts: gender differences in a prospective studyJulie Monnin
Service de Psychiatrie, Hôpital Universitaire de Besançon, 2 Place Saint Jacques, 25030 Besancon Cedex, France
J Affect Disord 136:35-43. 2012..The aim of this study was to characterize sociodemographic and psychopathological features and risk factors associated with future repetition of suicide attempts in two years. The study focused on differences between men and women...
- Massively multiplayer online role-playing games: comparing characteristics of addict vs non-addict online recruited gamers in a French adult populationSophia Achab
Clinical Psychiatry Department, Besancon University Hospital, 25030 Besancon Cedex, France
BMC Psychiatry 11:144. 2011..are observed in a minority of gamers, which is a concern for society and for the scientific community. In the present study, we focused on screening gamers at potential risk of MMORPG addiction...
- [Prescription and monitoring of psychotropic agents]Emmanuel Haffen
Service de psychiatrie de l adulte, Fédération de psychiatrie et de psychologie médicale, CHU, 25030 Besancon
Rev Prat 54:1119-27. 2004
- Transient improvement in sensorimotor conversion during post-anoxic encephalopathy with bilateral medial temporal ischemiaEloi Magnin
a Department of Neurology, University Hospital of Besancon, Besancon, France
Neurocase 19:576-82. 2013..These findings give clues about the mechanisms of somatoform disorder and highlight the possibility of specific therapeutic strategies to induce cognitive reappraisal of emotionally-associated experiences. ..
- Repeated transcranial direct current stimulation prevents abnormal behaviors associated with abstinence from chronic nicotine consumptionSolène Pedron
EA 481 Laboratory of Integrative and Clinical Neuroscience, University of Franche Comté SFR FED 4234, Besancon, France
Neuropsychopharmacology 39:981-8. 2014..Our animal model will be useful to investigate the mechanisms underlying the effects of tDCS on addiction and other psychiatric disorders...
- Encouraging French medical students to choose a career in psychiatry: how and why?Olivier Andlauer
Service de Psychiatrie, Hopital Jean Minjoz, Besancon, France
Int Rev Psychiatry 25:460-5. 2013....
- [Pharmacogenetics of depression in elderly patients]Julie Monnin
Service de psychiatrie de l adulte, CHU Saint Jacques, Besancon, France
Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 7:43-55. 2009..The results are promising but more researches are necessary to include pharmacogenetic studies in the clinical practice...
- Validating antidepressant-associated hypomania (bipolar III): a systematic comparison with spontaneous hypomania (bipolar II)Hagop S Akiskal
International Mood Center, University of California at San Diego and VA Psychiatry Service 116 A, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
J Affect Disord 73:65-74. 2003..According to DSM-IV and ICD-10, hypomania which occurs solely during antidepressant treatment does not belong to the category of bipolar II (BP-II)...