- Role of the Yersinia pestis yersiniabactin iron acquisition system in the incidence of flea-borne plagueFlorent Sebbane
Equipe Peste et Yersinia pestis, Centre d Infection et d Immunité de Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, France
PLoS ONE 5:e14379. 2010..The results provide new evidence that primary septicemic plague is a distinct clinical entity and suggest that unusual forms of plague may be caused by atypical Y. pestis strains...
- The Yersinia pestis caf1M1A1 fimbrial capsule operon promotes transmission by flea bite in a mouse model of bubonic plagueFlorent Sebbane
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U801, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, France
Infect Immun 77:1222-9. 2009..pestis strains in plague foci may be necessary. The results also highlight the importance of studying Y. pestis pathogenesis in the natural context of arthropod-borne transmission...
- Autophagosomes can support Yersinia pseudotuberculosis replication in macrophagesKevin Moreau
Cellular Microbiology of Infectious Pathogens, Center of Infection and Immunity of Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, France
Cell Microbiol 12:1108-23. 2010..pseudotuberculosis hijacks the autophagy pathway for its replication and also opens up new opportunities for deciphering the molecular basis of the host cell signalling response to intracellular Yersinia infection...
- TLR5 signaling stimulates the innate production of IL-17 and IL-22 by CD3(neg)CD127+ immune cells in spleen and mucosaLaurye Van Maele
Institut Pasteur de Lille, Centre d Infection et d Immunité de Lille, France
J Immunol 185:1177-85. 2010..These data define that TLR-induced activation of CD3(neg)CD127(+) cells and production of Th17-related cytokines may be crucial for the early defenses against pathogen invasion of host tissues...
- Efficacy of ciprofloxacin-gentamicin combination therapy in murine bubonic plagueNadine Lemaitre
Laboratoire de Bacteriologie Hygiene, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Lille, France
PLoS ONE 7:e52503. 2012..Moreover, draining lymph nodes may serve as a reservoir for the continued release of Y. pestis into the blood - even after five days of intravenous antibiotic treatment...
- Protection against Yersinia pseudotuberculosis infection conferred by a Lactococcus lactis mucosal delivery vector secreting LcrVCatherine Daniel
Laboratoire des Bactéries Lactiques et Immunité des Muqueuses, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 142, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille F 59021, France
Vaccine 27:1141-4. 2009..pseudotuberculosis infections. This constitutes the first proof of principle for a novel anti-Yersinia mucosal vaccination strategy using recombinant lactic acid bacteria...