- Fever in sepsisF Schortgen
APHP Service de Réanimation Médicale, Groupe hospitalier Mondor, Creteil, France
Minerva Anestesiol 78:1254-64. 2012..In this review, we examine the benefits and risks of fever and of controlled normothermia. The fever control modalities that provide the best risk/benefit ratio in sepsis are discussed...
- Diagnostic performance of fractional excretion of urea in the evaluation of critically ill patients with acute kidney injury: a multicenter cohort studyMichael Darmon
Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Saint Etienne University Hospital, and Jean Monnet University, Avenue Albert Raymond, F 42270 Saint Etienne, France
Crit Care 15:R178. 2011..These factors do not affect the fractional excretion of urea (FeUrea). However, there are conflicting data on the diagnostic accuracy of FeUrea...
- Fever control using external cooling in septic shock: a randomized controlled trialFrederique Schortgen
Service de Reanimation Medicale, CHU Henri Mondor, 94000 Creteil, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 185:1088-95. 2012..Fever control may improve vascular tone and decrease oxygen consumption, but fever may contribute to combat infection...
- Results of noninvasive ventilation in very old patientsFrederique Schortgen
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Albert Chenevier Henri Mondor, Réanimation Médicale, Creteil, France
Ann Intensive Care 2:5. 2012..abstract:..
- Do hypooncotic fluids for shock increase the risk of late-onset acute respiratory distress syndrome?Frederique Schortgen
Service de Reanimation Medicale, AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Albert Chenevier Henri Mondor, Creteil 94000, France
Intensive Care Med 36:1724-34. 2010..PARTICIPANT AND SETTINGS: International prospective cohort of consecutive adults who were free of ARDS on admission and who received fluid resuscitation for shock in 115 intensive care units (ICUs) during a 4-week period...
- The risk associated with hyperoncotic colloids in patients with shockFrederique Schortgen
Réanimation Médicale, AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Albert Chenevier, Henri Mondor, 94000 Creteil, France
Intensive Care Med 34:2157-68. 2008..This study assessed the risk of renal adverse events in patients with shock resuscitated using hypo-oncotic colloids, artificial hyperoncotic colloids, hyperoncotic albumin or crystalloids, according to physician's choice...
- Colloid-induced kidney injury: experimental evidence may help to understand mechanismsFrederique Schortgen
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Albert Chenevier Henri Mondor, Réanimation Médicale, F 94000 Creteil, France
Crit Care 13:130. 2009..The risks associated with colloid osmotic pressure elevation in vivo and the high incidence of osmotic nephrosis lesions in experimental models and clinical studies indicate that hydroxyethyl starches can no longer be considered safe...
- Prevention of contrast-induced nephropathy by N-acetylcysteine in critically ill patients: different definitions, different resultsBenjamin G Chousterman
Service de Reanimation Medicale, APHP Groupe Hospitalier Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
J Crit Care 28:701-9. 2013..NAC may alter the concentration of serum creatinine and interfere with CIN diagnosis. The effectiveness of NAC was evaluated with a special attention on its specific effect on creatinine levels compared to cystatin C...
- Outcomes of extubation failure in medical intensive care unit patientsArnaud W Thille
Medical Intensive Care Unit, AP HP, Centre Hospitalier Albert Chenevier Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Crit Care Med 39:2612-8. 2011..Our objectives were to evaluate the impact of failed extubation, whether planned or unplanned, on patient outcomes and to identify a patient subset at risk for extubation failure...
- Sleep in hypercapnic critical care patients under noninvasive ventilation: conventional versus dedicated ventilatorsAna Cordoba-Izquierdo
Réanimation Médicale, AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Albert Chenevier Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Crit Care Med 41:60-8. 2013....
- A multicenter randomized trial of computer-driven protocolized weaning from mechanical ventilationFrancçois Lellouche
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hopital Henri Mondor, and Unité INSERM U 651, Universite Paris XII, Creteil, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 174:894-900. 2006..We assessed whether a closed-loop knowledge-based algorithm introduced in a ventilator to act as a computer-driven weaning protocol can improve patient outcomes as compared with usual care...
- Use of procalcitonin to reduce patients' exposure to antibiotics in intensive care units (PRORATA trial): a multicentre randomised controlled trialLila Bouadma
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Universite Paris 7 Denis Diderot, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Lancet 375:463-74. 2010..We aimed to establish the effectiveness of an algorithm based on the biomarker procalcitonin to reduce antibiotic exposure in this setting...
- Acute kidney injury in sickle patients with painful crisis or acute chest syndrome and its relation to pulmonary hypertensionVincent Audard
Nephrology and Renal Transplantation Department and Institut Francilien de Recherche en Nephrologie et Transplantation IFRNT, Henri Mondor Hospital, 51 Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny Creteil, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:2524-9. 2010..The association between chronic kidney involvement and sickle cell disease (SCD) has been well characterized, but our knowledge on acute kidney injury (AKI) in relation to SCD remains limited...
- Diagnostic accuracy of Doppler renal resistive index for reversibility of acute kidney injury in critically ill patientsMichael Darmon
Université Paris Est Créteil, Creteil, France
Intensive Care Med 37:68-76. 2011..This diagnosis relies chiefly on urinary indices, which may be of limited value or difficult to obtain. We assessed the performance of the Doppler renal resistive index (RI) in diagnosing persistent AKI...
- Early organ dysfunction course, cooling time and outcome in classic heatstrokeSebastian Pease
Medical Intensive Care Unit, AP HP, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, 75018 Paris, France
Intensive Care Med 35:1454-8. 2009..To describe the course of early organ dysfunction in a cohort of patients admitted in ICU suffering classic heatstroke...
- Impact of mild hypoxemia on renal function and renal resistive index during mechanical ventilationMichael Darmon
Medical Intensive Care Unit, AP HP, Centre hospitalier Albert Chenevier, Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Intensive Care Med 35:1031-8. 2009..Short-term hypoxemia affects diuresis and natriuresis in healthy individuals. No data are available on the impact of the mild hypoxemia levels usually tolerated in critically ill patients receiving mechanical ventilation...
- [New legislation about clinical research involving "usual care": reminder of recent problems]Francois Lemaire
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hopital Henri Mondor, AP HP, Universite Paris Val de Marne, Creteil
Presse Med 36:1167-73. 2007..2004-800) and on data (the so-called CNIL act, L. 2004-801). The value of this set of texts (statutes, decrees, and regulations) is that it diversifies and clarifies the different forms of clinical research...