- PDE4 as a target in preterm labourCeline Mehats
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, INSERM U767, Paris Cedex 06, France
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 7:S12. 2007..These data open up a new therapeutical strategy to prevent inflammation-induced preterm delivery and its sequelae in very preterm infants...
- Selective use of sonographic cervical length measurement for predicting imminent preterm delivery in women with preterm labor and intact membranesT Schmitz
Maternite Port Royal, Hopital Cochin, AP HP, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 31:421-6. 2008....
- Evaluation of cefotaxime and desacetylcefotaxime concentrations in cord blood after intrapartum prophylaxis with cefotaximeJacques Lepercq
Universite Paris Descartes, and Service de Gynécologie Obstétrique, Groupe Hospitalier Cochin Saint Vincent De Paul, 82, avenue Denfert Rochereau, Paris 75014, FranceParis, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:2342-5. 2009..The effectiveness of this regimen for the prevention of neonatal sepsis needs to be evaluated with a larger population...
- [Management of second twin delivery]T Schmitz
Hopital Cochin, AP HP, Maternite Port Royal, 123, boulevard de Port Royal, 75014 Paris, France
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 38:S114-21. 2009..To determine the optimal mode of delivery of the second twin according to his presentation...
- [Against routine use of misoprostol in term labor induction]T Schmitz
, Centre Hospitalier Cochin-Saint-Vincent-de-Paul, , 123, boulevard de Port-Royal, 75014 Paris, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 34:161-5; discussion 154. 2006
- Localization and steroid regulation of prostaglandin E2 receptor protein expression in ovine cervixThomas Schmitz
Maternite Port Royal, Hopital Cochin, AP HP, Universite Rene Descartes Paris V, boulevard de Port Royal, 75014 Paris, France
Reproduction 131:743-50. 2006..This latter result suggests that cellular EP receptor localization is regulated by estradiol and that PGE2 may also control smooth muscle contraction and regulate ovine cervical dilatation in an intracrine manner via EP3 receptors...
- Selective use of fetal fibronectin detection after cervical length measurement to predict spontaneous preterm delivery in women with preterm laborThomas Schmitz
Maternite Port Royal, Paris, France
Am J Obstet Gynecol 194:138-43. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine whether selective use of fetal fibronectin detection after ultrasound measurement of cervical length predicts preterm delivery in symptomatic patients better than either indicator alone...
- [For universal screening of gestational diabetes mellitus]T Schmitz
, , 123, boulevard de Port-Royal, 75014 Paris, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 36:567-9. 2008
- [Interventions during labor for reducing instrumental deliveries]T Schmitz
Maternite Port Royal, Hopital Cochin, AP HP, 123, boulevard de Port Royal, 75014 Paris, France
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 37:S179-87. 2008..Fundal pressure maneuvers should be prohibited because of their inefficiency (EL2) and dangerousness (EL4)...
- [Is vaginal delivery in twin pregnancy still an option? An analysis of the literature data]T Schmitz
Maternite Port Royal, Hopital Cochin, AP HP, 123, boulevard de Port Royal, 75014 Paris, France
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 38:367-76. 2009....
- Neonatal outcomes of twin pregnancy according to the planned mode of deliveryThomas Schmitz
Maternite Port Royal, Hopital Cochin, AP HP, Paris, France
Obstet Gynecol 111:695-703. 2008..To assess neonatal morbidity in twin pregnancy according to the planned mode of delivery...
- [How to decide with precision, justice, and equity? Reflections on decision-making in the context of extreme prematurity. Part two: moving toward making the best possible decision: defining conditions for putting decisions into practice]E Azria
Département d Obstétrique et Gynécologie, Maternite Port Royal, APHP, 123, boulevard de Port Royal, 75014 Paris, France
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 36:245-52. 2007..This decision-making procedure is primarily concerned with the singularity of each decision situation and it intends to link it closely to the notions of rationality and responsibility...
- EP(4) receptors mediate prostaglandin E(2)-stimulated glycosaminoglycan synthesis in human cervical fibroblasts in cultureT Schmitz
INSERM U 361, Paris, France
Mol Hum Reprod 7:397-402. 2001..In conclusion, both EP(4) and EP(2) receptors are present and functional in human cervical fibroblasts. Only EP(4) receptors mediate PGE(2) stimulated GAG synthesis in a PKA-independent pathway...
- Comparison of perinatal outcome after pre-viable preterm prelabour rupture of membranes in two centres with different rates of termination of pregnancyE Azria
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Groupe Hospitalier Bichat Claude Bernard, APHP, Paris, France
BJOG 119:449-57. 2012..To assess perinatal outcomes after expectant management in the case of preterm prelabour rupture of membranes (PPROM) before 25 weeks of gestation, according to the rate of termination of pregnancy (TOP)...
- [How to decide with precision, justice, and equity? Reflections on decision-making in the context of extreme prematurity. Part one: the problematics of decision-making in the context of extreme prematurity]E Azria
Département d Obstétrique et Gynécologie, Maternité Port Royal APHP, 123, boulevard de Port Royal, Paris, France
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 36:238-44. 2007..This decision-making procedure is primarily concerned with the singularity of each decision situation and it intends to link it closely to the notions of rationality and responsibility...
- [Decision making on breech delivery: information as a way to reconcile maternal autonomy and medical responsibility]E Azria
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hôpital Bichat Claude Bernard AP HP, Universite Paris Sud 11, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 37:464-9. 2009..Understanding information as necessarily arising from an exchange between the care giver and the future mother is the condition that allows the coexistence of maternal autonomy and medical responsibility...
- [Analysis of the concept of risk in a medical teaching program]Elie Azria
Maternite Port Royal, AP HP, Groupe hospitalier Cochin Port Royal Saint Vincent de Paul, La Roche Guyon, F 75014 Paris, France
Presse Med 37:1143-9. 2008....
- Pregnancy outcomes in women with HIV type-1 receiving a lopinavir/ritonavir-containing regimenElie Azria
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 14:423-32. 2009..The objective of our study was to explore whether lopinavir/ritonavir (LPV/r) exposure during pregnancy is associated with adverse outcomes...
- Capnocytophaga species and preterm birth: case series and review of the literatureE Lopez
Faculte de Medecine, Universit Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 16:1539-43. 2010..We suggest that Capnocytophaga sp. may be responsible for some occult causes of chorioamnionitis or preterm birth, and that the prevalence of this infection may be higher than previously reported...
- Interleukin-1beta induces glycosaminoglycan synthesis via the prostaglandin E2 pathway in cultured human cervical fibroblastsT Schmitz
INSERM U 361, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Mol Hum Reprod 9:1-8. 2003..These results suggest that PGE(2) may regulate human cervical ripening in an autocrine/paracrine manner via EP(4) receptors...
- Prediction of clinical infection in women with preterm labour with intact membranes: a score based on ultrasonographic, clinical and biological markersGilles Kayem
Epidemiological Research Unit on Women and Children s Health, INSERM U149, Paris, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 145:36-40. 2009..To predict maternal and neonatal clinical infection at admission in women hospitalized for preterm labour (PTL) with intact membranes...
- [Biochemistry of fetal membranes rupture]C Mehats
Inserm U1016, Institut Cochin, département génétique et développement, Faculté de Médecine Cochin, 24, rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 39:365-9. 2011..A better understanding of the biochemical mechanisms of membranes rupture will provide new insights into how to anticipate and to intervene in the case of risk of premature rupture...
- [Antenatal corticosteroids: neonatal effects of a second course]T Schmitz
AP HP, Hopital Robert Debre, Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Paris, France
Arch Pediatr 17:S101-4. 2010....
- [Tocolysis. Atosiban, an ocytcin-receptor antagonist]T Schmitz
, , 123, boulevard de Port-Royal, 75014 Paris
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 30:238-45. 2001..Maintenance therapy with atosiban cannot yet be envisaged due to the lack of a satisfactory formulation at the present time...
- Prostaglandin E2 receptor expression in fetal baboon lung at 0.7 gestation after betamethasone exposureThomas Schmitz
AP HP, Maternite Port Royal, Hopital Cochin, Universite Rene Descartes Paris V, Paris, France
Pediatr Res 61:421-6. 2007..In summary, this is the first demonstration of the four EP receptors in fetal lung. The only change after 48-h betaM exposure was a gender-specific decrease in EP2 receptor mRNA...
- Manual rotation in occiput posterior or transverse positions: risk factors and consequences on the cesarean delivery rateCamille Le Ray
Maternité Cochin Port Royal, Paris, France
Obstet Gynecol 110:873-9. 2007..To identify the risk factors for failure of manual rotation in patients with occiput posterior or transverse positions during labor and to study the cesarean rate according to the success of the rotation...
- History of cesarean before 32 weeks' gestation and trial of labor: what is the risk of uterine rupture?Sonia Estrade
Maternite Port Royal, Hopital Cochin Saint Vincent de Paul, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 88:149-53. 2009..To estimate the risk of uterine rupture in women with a previous cesarean delivery before 32 weeks' gestation and a trial of labor...
- Maternal biochemical serum screening for Down syndrome in pregnancy with human immunodeficiency virus infectionJean Patrick Le Meaux
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Groupe Hospitalier Cochin Saint Vincent De Paul, Port Royal Maternity, Paris, France
Obstet Gynecol 112:223-30. 2008..To estimate the influence of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection and antiretroviral therapy on maternal serum markers levels and the false-positive rate with biochemical maternal serum screening for Down syndrome...
- Is there a place for inhibition of cervical ripening in the management of preterm labour?Thomas Schmitz
Maternité Port Royal Hopital Cochin, AP HP, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 117:S18-20. 2004....
- Improving continuous wound infusion effectiveness for postoperative analgesia after cesarean delivery: a randomized controlled trialThibaut Rackelboom
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Maternite Port Royal, France
Obstet Gynecol 116:893-900. 2010....
- Hematologic effects of maternal antiretroviral therapy and transmission prophylaxis in HIV-1-exposed uninfected newborn infantsCornelia Feiterna-Sperling
Charite, Department of Pediatric Pneumology and Immunology, University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 45:43-51. 2007..A prospective observational study to investigate hematologic alterations during the first 3 months of life in HIV-exposed uninfected infants subjected to antiretroviral medication before and after birth...
- Intrapartum management of twin gestationsThomas Schmitz
Obstet Gynecol 110:712; author reply 712. 2007
- Assessment of vitamin K deficiency in CF--how much sophistication is useful?Katharina Mosler
Department of Paediatrics, Heinrich Heine University, Moorenstr 5, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
J Cyst Fibros 2:91-6. 2003..Routine supplementation of vitamin K(1) in PICF is presently subject of discussion...
- PDE4 inhibition prevents preterm delivery induced by an intrauterine inflammationThomas Schmitz
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 767, 4 avenue de l Observatoire, 75270 Paris Cedex 06, France
J Immunol 178:1115-21. 2007..PDE4 selective inhibitors may thus represent a novel effective treatment to delay inflammation-induced preterm delivery and to prevent adverse outcomes in infants...
- Inflammation of choriodecidua induces tumor necrosis factor alpha-mediated apoptosis of human myometrial cellsMarie Josèphe Leroy
INSERM, U767, Faculte des Sciences Pharmaceutiques et Biologiques, Universite Rene Descartes, 75006 Paris, France
Biol Reprod 76:769-76. 2007..These data support the hypothesis that TNF participates in the complex network of signaling processes associated with uterine involution...