- Dietary diversity scores and nutritional status of women change during the seasonal food shortage in rural Burkina FasoMathilde Savy
Research Unit 106, Nutrition, Food, Societies, WHO Collaborating Centre for Nutrition, Institut de recherche pour le developpement IRD, Montpellier, France
J Nutr 136:2625-32. 2006..3 (0.2; 0.6)], but not in September [odds ratio = 0.6 (0.3; 1.0)]. In such a context, it would be useful to measure dietary diversity at the beginning of the cereal shortage season, when many women exhibit low DDS...
- Measuring dietary diversity in rural Burkina Faso: comparison of a 1-day and a 3-day dietary recallM Savy
Research Unit 106 Nutrition, Food, Societies WHO Collaborating Centre for Nutrition, Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, BP 64501, F 34394 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Public Health Nutr 10:71-8. 2007..To compare dietary diversity scores measured over a 1-day and a 3-day period, and to assess their relationships with socio-economic characteristics and the nutritional status of rural African women...
- Are dietary diversity scores related to the socio-economic and anthropometric status of women living in an urban area in Burkina Faso?M Savy
Research Unit 106 Nutrition, Food, Societies, Institut de Recherche pour le Dévelopement IRD, Montpellier, France
Public Health Nutr 11:132-41. 2008..To study dietary diversity and its relationship with socio-economic and nutritional characteristics of women in an urban Sahelian context...
- The 2008 food price crisis negatively affected household food security and dietary diversity in urban Burkina FasoYves Martin-Prevel
Research Unit NUTRIPASS Prevention of Malnutrition and Associated Diseases, UMR 204, IRD UM1 UM2, Institute of Research for Development, BP 64501, Montpellier, France
J Nutr 142:1748-55. 2012..Food security and dietary diversity significantly decreased between 2007 and 2008, whereas food prices increased. Households increased their food expenditure, but this was not sufficient to compensate the effects of the crisis...
- Dietary patterns of adults living in Ouagadougou and their association with overweightElodie Becquey
UMR 204 NUTRIPASS, Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, BP 64501, F 34394 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Nutr J 9:13. 2010..The objective of the study was to describe dietary patterns of adults in Ouagadougou and to study their relationship with anthropometric status of the subjects...
- An infant and child feeding index is associated with the nutritional status of 6- to 23-month-old children in rural Burkina FasoProsper S Sawadogo
Unite de Formation et de Recherche, Sciences de la Vie et de la Terre, Laboratoire de Biochimie Microbiologie, Universite de Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
J Nutr 136:656-63. 2006..A suitable ICFI and/or some of its components could be used to identify vulnerable age groups and to monitor interventions in similar rural areas of Africa...