Annie J Sasco
- Cervical cancer screening by visual inspection in Côte d'Ivoire, operational and clinical aspects according to HIV statusApollinaire Horo
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Yopougon, Abidjan, Cote d Ivoire, France
BMC Public Health 12:237. 2012..Cervical cancer screening is not yet standard of care of women attending HIV care clinics in Africa and presents operational challenges that need to be addressed...
- HIV and cancer in Africa: mutual collaboration between HIV and cancer programs may provide timely research and public health dataSam M Mbulaiteye
Infections and Immunoepidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, DHHS, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Infect Agent Cancer 6:16. 2011..In this paper, we review current literature and explore merits for integrating cancer research in established HIV programs to obtain timely data about the incidence and burden of cancer in HIV-infected persons in Africa...
- Separate and combined analysis of successive dependent outcomes after breast-conservation surgery: recurrence, metastases, second cancer and deathVirginie Rondeau
INSERM, U897 Biostatistique, ISPED, Bordeaux, F 33076, France
BMC Cancer 10:697. 2010....
- Factors influencing general practitioners in the referral of elderly cancer patientsFleur Delva
Institut Bergonie, Comprehensive Cancer Centre, 229 Cours de l Argonne, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
BMC Cancer 11:5. 2011....
- The challenge of AIDS-related malignancies in sub-Saharan AfricaAnnie J Sasco
INSERM, U 897, Epidemiology for Cancer Prevention, Bordeaux, France
PLoS ONE 5:e8621. 2010..The objective of our paper is to review the link between HIV and cancer in sub-Saharan Africa, putting it in perspective with what is already known in Western countries...
- Cancer and globalizationAnnie J Sasco
Epidemiology for Cancer Prevention, Inserm U 897, Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2 University, Case 11, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Biomed Pharmacother 62:110-21. 2008..The solutions require not only individual behavioural change but also more importantly innovative action of all concerned at the global, collective level...
- Alcohol use and non-adherence to antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected patients in West AfricaAntoine Jaquet
HIV Epidemiology, INSERM CRE U 897, Institut de Santé Publique, Epidémiologie et Développement, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux 2, France
Addiction 105:1416-21. 2010..To investigate the association between alcohol use and adherence to highly active antiretroviral treatment (HAART) among human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected patients in sub-Saharan Africa...
- The need to develop centers for environmental oncologyDevra Lee Davis
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute and Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Biomed Pharmacother 61:614-22. 2007..Ultimately the centers will improve the ability to identify and control the underlying causes of the occurrence of cancer and its progression...
- A cohort study of cancer mortality among Biology Research Laboratory workers in The NetherlandsTeus A van Barneveld
Department of Epidemiology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Causes Control 15:55-66. 2004..To examine cancer mortality among persons employed in biology research institutes...
- Exposure to chemical carcinogens and risk of cancer among Finnish laboratory workersTimo Kauppinen
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, Finland
Am J Ind Med 44:343-50. 2003..Laboratory workers have long been suspected of having increased risks of cancer due to their occupation. We evaluated occupational exposure and cancer incidence among Finnish laboratory workers...
- A 22-year French experience with solid tumors in children with Down syndromeDaniel Satgé
Laboratoire d Anatomie Pathologique, Centre Hospitalier, Tulle, France
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 20:517-29. 2003..The treatment of solid tumors in DS is difficult, due to physical and psychological impairments, different pharmacogenetic profile, and associated malformations...
- Are solid tumours different in children with Down's syndrome?Daniel Satgé
Int J Cancer 106:297-8. 2003