Annie J Sasco
- Cervical cancer screening by visual inspection in Côte d'Ivoire, operational and clinical aspects according to HIV statusApollinaire Horo
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Yopougon, Abidjan, Cote d Ivoire, France
BMC Public Health 12:237. 2012..Cervical cancer screening is not yet standard of care of women attending HIV care clinics in Africa and presents operational challenges that need to be addressed...
- HIV and cancer in Africa: mutual collaboration between HIV and cancer programs may provide timely research and public health dataSam M Mbulaiteye
Infections and Immunoepidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, DHHS, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Infect Agent Cancer 6:16. 2011..In this paper, we review current literature and explore merits for integrating cancer research in established HIV programs to obtain timely data about the incidence and burden of cancer in HIV-infected persons in Africa...
- Separate and combined analysis of successive dependent outcomes after breast-conservation surgery: recurrence, metastases, second cancer and deathVirginie Rondeau
INSERM, U897 Biostatistique, ISPED, Bordeaux, F 33076, France
BMC Cancer 10:697. 2010....
- Factors influencing general practitioners in the referral of elderly cancer patientsFleur Delva
Institut Bergonie, Comprehensive Cancer Centre, 229 Cours de l Argonne, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
BMC Cancer 11:5. 2011....
- The challenge of AIDS-related malignancies in sub-Saharan AfricaAnnie J Sasco
INSERM, U 897, Epidemiology for Cancer Prevention, Bordeaux, France
PLoS ONE 5:e8621. 2010..The objective of our paper is to review the link between HIV and cancer in sub-Saharan Africa, putting it in perspective with what is already known in Western countries...
- Cancer and globalizationAnnie J Sasco
Epidemiology for Cancer Prevention, Inserm U 897, Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2 University, Case 11, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Biomed Pharmacother 62:110-21. 2008..The solutions require not only individual behavioural change but also more importantly innovative action of all concerned at the global, collective level...
- Alcohol use and non-adherence to antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected patients in West AfricaAntoine Jaquet
HIV Epidemiology, INSERM CRE U 897, Institut de Santé Publique, Epidémiologie et Développement, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux 2, France
Addiction 105:1416-21. 2010..To investigate the association between alcohol use and adherence to highly active antiretroviral treatment (HAART) among human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected patients in sub-Saharan Africa...
- Risk factors for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia in HIV-infected women on antiretroviral treatment in Côte d'Ivoire, West AfricaAntoine Jaquet
Universite Bordeaux, ISPED, Centre INSERM U897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, Bordeaux, France INSERM, ISPED, Centre INSERM U897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, Bordeaux, France
PLoS ONE 9:e90625. 2014..Facing the dual burden of invasive cervical cancer and HIV in sub-Saharan Africa, the identification of preventable determinants of Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia (CIN) in HIV-infected women is of paramount importance...
- The need to develop centers for environmental oncologyDevra Lee Davis
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute and Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Biomed Pharmacother 61:614-22. 2007..Ultimately the centers will improve the ability to identify and control the underlying causes of the occurrence of cancer and its progression...
- A cohort study of cancer mortality among Biology Research Laboratory workers in The NetherlandsTeus A van Barneveld
Department of Epidemiology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Causes Control 15:55-66. 2004..To examine cancer mortality among persons employed in biology research institutes...
- Exposure to chemical carcinogens and risk of cancer among Finnish laboratory workersTimo Kauppinen
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, Finland
Am J Ind Med 44:343-50. 2003..Laboratory workers have long been suspected of having increased risks of cancer due to their occupation. We evaluated occupational exposure and cancer incidence among Finnish laboratory workers...
- A 22-year French experience with solid tumors in children with Down syndromeDaniel Satgé
Laboratoire d Anatomie Pathologique, Centre Hospitalier, Tulle, France
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 20:517-29. 2003..The treatment of solid tumors in DS is difficult, due to physical and psychological impairments, different pharmacogenetic profile, and associated malformations...
- Are solid tumours different in children with Down's syndrome?Daniel Satgé
Int J Cancer 106:297-8. 2003