- Liver transplantation in patients with HIV infectionDidier Samuel
, UPRES 3541, Recherche Association Claude Bernard Virus et Transplantation, , , AP-HOP Paris, 14 avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94800 Villejuif, France
J Hepatol 39:3-6. 2003
- [Liver transplantation in patients with HIV: indications, limits, perspectives]Didier Samuel
, UPRES 3541, ,
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 27:372-4. 2003
- Interferon-alpha 2b plus ribavirin in patients with chronic hepatitis C after liver transplantation: a randomized studyDidier Samuel
Centre Hepatobiliaire, Hôpital Paul Brousse Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, EA 3541, EPI 99 41 et Association Claude Bernard, Villejuif, France
Gastroenterology 124:642-50. 2003..The use of antiviral therapy in this situation remains controversial. This study aimed to assess the safety and efficacy of interferon alfa-2b plus ribavirin for recurrent hepatitis C following liver transplantation...
- Treatment of patients with hepatic failureDidier Samuel
Center Hepato-Biliaire, , , Paris, France
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 17:S274-9. 2002
- Immunosuppression in hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus transplants: special considerationsDidier Samuel
Centre Hepato Biliaire, Hopital Paul Brousse, Universite Paris Sud, 12 14 avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94800 Villejuif, France UPRES 3541
Clin Liver Dis 7:667-81. 2003..It will allow adapting the effectiveness of the immunosuppression treatment. The treatment's primary target is to avoid graft rejection, and its secondary objective is to limit the risk of viral recurrence...
- Liver transplantation in Italy. Letter to Italian friendsD Samuel
, HÄµpital Paul Brousse Assistance Publique-HÄµpitaux de Paris, , UPRES 1596, Villejuif, France
Dig Liver Dis 34:619-20. 2002
- I favor therapy for hepatitis C virus recurrence after transplantationDidier Samuel
, , , UPRES 1596, EPI 99-41, Villejuif, France
Liver Transpl 8:S55-8. 2002
- [Liver transplantation for complications of hepatitis B]Bruno Roche
Centre Hepatobiliaire, Hopital Paul Brousse, Villejuif
Presse Med 35:335-45. 2006..If there was no detectable viral load pre-graft, withdrawal of HBIG should be considered at some point, while continuing an antiviral agent or after anti-HBV vaccination...
- Management of hepatitis B in liver transplantation patientsDidier Samuel
Centre Hepatobiliaire, Universite Paris Sud, Hopital Paul Brousse, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Villejuif, France
Semin Liver Dis 24:55-62. 2004..HBIg therapy may be discontinued in selected patients after transplantation, albeit with caution, because low levels of HBV DNA have persisted. Antiviral therapy has improved the prognosis after graft infection...
- [Liver transplantation in patients co-infected with HIV]D Samuel
, EA 3541, , 12, avenue Paul-Vaillant-Couturier, 94800 Villejuif, France
Med Mal Infect 34:9-11. 2004
- Residual hepatitis B virus particles in liver transplant recipients receiving lamivudine: PCR quantitation of HBV DNA and ELISA of preS1 antigenM A Petit
INSERM E99 41 and UPRES 1596, Centre Hepato Biliaire, Villejuif, France
J Med Virol 65:493-504. 2001..These findings confirm the persistence of HBV in liver transplant recipients despite strong inhibition of replication by lamivudine, and show abnormal viral transcription and/or morphogenesis in lamivudine-resistant patients...
- Successful tacrolimus therapy for a severe recurrence of type 1 autoimmune hepatitis in a liver graft recipientM Hurtova
, , Villejuif, France
Liver Transpl 7:556-8. 2001..Tacrolimus therefore may be effective in patients with severe recurrent autoimmune liver disease. Further studies are needed to assess tacrolimus therapy in patients who fail to respond to standard immunosuppressive therapy...
- [Adult to adult living-related liver transplantation. The Paul-Brousse Hospital preliminary experience]D Azoulay
Centre Hepato Biliaire, Hopital Paul Brousse, UPRES 1596, IFR 89 9, Universite Paris Sud, Villejuif, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 25:773-80. 2001..Follow-up ranged from 41 to 157 days (median: 117 days)...
- The option of liver transplantation for hepatitis B: where are we?D Samuel
INSERM, Unite 785, Villejuif, F 94804, France
Dig Liver Dis 41:S185-9. 2009..In conclusion, long-term prophylaxis should be maintained in most patients except those with anti-HBs seroconversion...
- Fibrosing cholestatic hepatitis in HIV/HCV co-infected transplant patients-usefulness of early markers after liver transplantationT M Antonini
AP HP Hopital Paul Brousse, Centre Hepato Biliaire, Villejuif, France
Am J Transplant 11:1686-95. 2011..004). An early diagnosis of FCH may be suggested by the presence of marked disease activity when acute hepatitis is diagnosed and when a high viral load is present. The initiation of anti-HCV therapy should be considered at this point...
- Progression of alphafetoprotein before liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma in cirrhotic patients: a critical factorE Vibert
AP HP, Hopital Paul Brousse, Centre Hepato Biliaire, INSERM, Unite 785, Universite Paris Sud, Villejuif, France
Am J Transplant 10:129-37. 2010..In conclusion, increasing AFP>15 microg/L/month while waiting for LT is the most relevant preoperative prognostic factor for low OS/DFS. AFP progression could be a pathological preoperative marker of tumor aggressiveness...
- Short- and long-term donor morbidity in right lobe living donor liver transplantation: 91 consecutive cases in a European CenterD Azoulay
AP HP Hopital Paul Brousse, Centre Hepato Biliaire, Villejuif, France
Am J Transplant 11:101-10. 2011..50%; p = 0.06). In the long term, donors expressed an overall sense of well being, but some sequelae of surgery do restrain their current lifestyle. Our results warn against lackadaisical vigilance once RLLD hepatectomy becomes routine...
- Salvage transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt for uncontrolled variceal bleeding in patients with decompensated cirrhosisD Azoulay
Department of Liver Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Centre Hepato Biliaire, UPRES No 1596, IFR 89 9, Hopital Paul Brousse, Villejuif, France
J Hepatol 35:590-7. 2001..To investigate the outcome of early salvage TIPS for active uncontrolled variceal haemorrhage, and to identify the factors associated with mortality...
- Non-invasive ICG-clearance: a useful tool for the management of hepatic artery thrombosis following liver transplantationE Levesque
AP HP Hopital Paul Brousse, Centre Hepato Biliaire, Villejuif, France
Clin Transplant 25:297-301. 2011..Thus, we evaluated the role of PDR-ICG measurement in HAT diagnosis in post-LT patients...
- Detection of gammopathy by serum protein electrophoresis for predicting and managing therapy of lymphoproliferative disorder in 911 recipients of liver transplantsA Lemoine
Service de Biochimie et Biologie Moléculaire, Hopital Paul Brousse, Faculté de Médecine Paris Sud et Assistance Publique de Paris, Villejuif, France
Blood 98:1332-8. 2001..Gammopathy monitoring is an inexpensive, noninvasive, sensitive way to detect LPD and assess the efficacy of treatment. It could be used routinely in follow-up of recipients of transplants...
- "Silent" presentation of veno-occlusive disease after liver transplantation as part of the process of cellular rejection with endothelial predilectionM Sebagh
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Paul Brousse, Villejuif, UPRES virus hépatotropes et cancers, Universite Paris Sud, France
Hepatology 30:1144-50. 1999..In conclusion, the incidence of VOD was 1.9% after OLT. The association of prominent endothelial involvement and VOD with acute rejection in most cases suggests an immunological phenomenon...
- [Liver transplantation for chronic hepatitis B]D Samuel
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Paul Brousse, Centre Hepato Biliaire, Universite Paris Sud, UMR S 785, INSERM, Unite 785, 14, avenue P V Couturier, 94804, Villejuif, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 32:S25-33. 2008....
- [Combined transplantation of liver and small intestine in an adult. First case in France. Surgical aspects]D Azoulay
Centre Hepato Biliaire, Hopital Paul Brousse, Villejuif, Universite Paris Sud
Presse Med 28:2211-3. 1999..We report hare the first adult case of combined liver-small bowel transplantation performed in France...
- Primary non-Hodgkin's lymphomas of the liver with nodular and diffuse infiltration patterns have different prognosesJ F Emile
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Paul Brousse, UPRES 1596 and IFR 89, Universite Paris Sud, France
Ann Oncol 12:1005-10. 2001..Primary liver non-Hodgkin's lymphomas have peculiar clinical and biological patterns. This study correlates these patterns with pathology and outcome...
- Auxiliary partial orthotopic versus standard orthotopic whole liver transplantation for acute liver failure: a reappraisal from a single center by a case-control studyD Azoulay
Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplant Unit, UPRES 1596, IFR 89 9, Hopital Paul Brousse, Universite Paris Sud, 94804 Villejuif, France
Ann Surg 234:723-31. 2001..To reappraise the results of auxiliary partial orthotopic liver transplantation (APOLT) compared with those of standard whole-liver transplantation (OLT) in terms of postoperative death and complications, including neurologic sequelae...
- [Liver transplantation: is it possible in HIV/HCV co-infected patients?]D Vittecoq
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Paul Brousse, 12 14, avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94800 Villejuif, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 51:525-7. 2003..Finally, liver transplantation in HIV-HCV co-infected patients seems to be feasible when strict criteria of selection are taken into account. This still experimental strategy requires a multidisciplinary partnership...
- Antibodies to hepatitis B surface antigen prevent viral reactivation in recipients of liver grafts from anti-HBC positive donorsA M Roque-Afonso
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Paul Brousse, Université Paris Sud UPRES 1596, 12 avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94804 Villejuif, France
Gut 50:95-9. 2002....
- Risk factors for hepatitis C recurrence after liver transplantationB Roche
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Paul Brousse, Centre Hépato Biliaire and INSERM, Unité 785 and Université Paris Sud, UMR S 785, Villejuif, France
J Viral Hepat 14:89-96. 2007..Cautious follow-up of the pathology of the graft is mandatory including routine biopsies and / or noninvasive monitoring of fibrosis...
- Disseminated toxoplasmosis, resulting from infection of allograft, after orthotopic liver transplantation: usefulness of quantitative PCRFrancoise Botterel
Service de Microbiologie, Departement de Parasitologie Mycologie, Hopital de Bicetre, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Kremlin Bicetre Cedex, France
J Clin Microbiol 40:1648-50. 2002..Quantitative PCR analyses of various clinical specimens, including serum samples, appeared retrospectively to be a valuable diagnostic tool that might guide therapeutic attitudes...
- [Autoimmune hepatitis. Physiopathologic, clinical, histological, and therapeutic features]J C Duclos-Vallee
Centre Hepato Biliaire, EPI 99 41 et UPRES 1596, Hopital Paul Brousse, 14, avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94804 Villejuif
Ann Med Interne (Paris) 152:371-82. 2001..If relapse or non response occur, other immunosuppressive therapy such as cyclosporin may be useful. Liver transplantation is reserved for (sub)fulminant forms and end stage liver disease...
- A case of disseminated histoplasmosis likely due to infection from a liver allograftF Botterel
Department of Parasitology and Mycology, Le Kremlin Bicetre Hospital, Paris XI University, France
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 18:662-4. 1999..Two years post-transplantation, none of the other patients who received allografts (heart, cornea, kidneys) from the same donor had developed signs of infection...
- A 10 year follow up study of patients transplanted for autoimmune hepatitis: histological recurrence precedes clinical and biochemical recurrenceJ C Duclos-Vallee
Centre Hepato Biliaire, EPI 99 41 et UPRES 1596, Hopital Paul Brousse, Villejuif, France
Gut 52:893-7. 2003..The aim of the present study was to examine the clinical and histological outcome more than 10 years after OLT for AIH...
- [Hepatic transplantation]C Duvoux
Service d Hépatologie de Gastroentérologie, Hopital Henri Mondor, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris 12, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 33:868-81. 2009....
- Evaluation of efficacy of liver transplantation in alcoholic cirrhosis using matched and simulated controls: 5-year survival. Multi-centre groupT Poynard
Service d Hépato Gastroentérologie Groupe Hospitalier Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
J Hepatol 30:1130-7. 1999..The limited number of donor livers calls for "prioritisation", favouring those patients who will benefit most. The aim was to assess the efficacy of liver transplantation in patients with alcoholic cirrhosis...
- Human Herpesvirus 8 (HHV8) Transmission and Related Morbidity in Organ RecipientsC Lebbe
APHP Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Department of Dermatology, Universite Paris Diderot, INSERM U976, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Am J Transplant 13:207-13. 2013..Donor screening is advisable for monitoring HHV8 seronegative liver transplant recipients...
- Rapid multifocal chondrolysis after liver transplantation in four patientsJ Taillandier
, , , Villejuif, France
Ann Rheum Dis 65:118-20. 2006..CONCLUSION: Clinicians managing liver transplant recipients, and perhaps recipients of other organs, should be aware that rapid chondrolysis may develop. The pathogenesis of this rare complication is unclear...
- [Vaccinations for the traveling adult solid organ transplant recipient (excluding hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients)]B Wyplosz
Unité de maladies infectieuses et tropicales, Hôpital Universitaire Paul Brousse, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Paris Sud 11, 12 14, 94804 Villejuif Cedex, France
Med Mal Infect 39:225-33. 2009..In this comprehensive review, we provide vaccination schedules based on published studies and guidelines for vaccination of solid organ transplant recipients...
- Adefovir dipivoxil for wait-listed and post-liver transplantation patients with lamivudine-resistant hepatitis B: final long-term resultsEugene Schiff
Center for Liver Diseases, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Liver Transpl 13:349-60. 2007..In conclusion, adefovir dipivoxil is effective and safe in wait-listed or posttransplantation CHB patients with lamivudine-resistant HBV and prevents graft reinfection with or without HBIg...
- [Managing lamivudine resistance in liver transplantation for hepatitis B liver disease]Didier Samuel
, INSERM U 785, , Assistance Publique-Hopitaux de Paris, 14 avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94800 Villejuif, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 30:3S26-30. 2006
- 12-month follow-up analysis of a multicenter, randomized, prospective trial in de novo liver transplant recipients (LIS2T) comparing cyclosporine microemulsion (C2 monitoring) and tacrolimusGary Levy
University Health Network, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
Liver Transpl 12:1464-72. 2006..More patients required antidiabetic therapy with tacrolimus regardless of diabetic status at baseline...
- Solitary pulmonary metastasis arising thirteen years after liver transplantation for HBV-related hepatocellular carcinomaChiara Viola
, INSERM CRB3, University of Paris VII, , Beaujon, Clichy 92 110, France
World J Gastroenterol 12:4911-3. 2006..Many HCCs grow slowly, and the growth rate of recurrent tumors in patients receiving immunosuppressive therapy is significantly greater than that of those who do not receive immunosuppressive therapy...
- Clinical and therapeutic implications of hepatitis C virus compartmentalizationGaetana Di Liberto
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, INSERM, Centre de Recherche Biomedicale Beaujon Bichat, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 131:76-84. 2006..Blood mononuclear cells (BMCs) frequently are infected by hepatitis C virus (HCV) variants that are not found in plasma. The influence of this compartmentalization on the natural and therapeutic outcome of hepatitis C is unknown...
- Characteristics of patients with chronic hepatitis B in France: predominant frequency of HBe antigen negative casesJean Pierre Zarski
Département d Hépato Gastroentérologie, CHU de Grenoble BP 217 38043 Grenoble CEDEX 9, France
J Hepatol 45:355-60. 2006..The aim of this study was to analyze the frequency and the characteristics of HBeAg-negative as compared with HBeAg-positive chronic hepatitis B in France...
- Report of the monothematic EASL conference on liver transplantation for viral hepatitis (Paris, France, January 12-14, 2006)Didier Samuel
HepatoBiliary Centre, Inserm-Paris XI U 785, Paul Brousse Hospital, APHP, Villejuif, France
J Hepatol 45:127-43. 2006
- Ribavirin in the treatment of recurrent hepatitis C after liver transplantation: difficult to manage but essential for successDidier Samuel
J Hepatol 46:988-91. 2007
- [Liver transplantation]Didier Samuel
Centre Hepatobiliaire, Universite Paris XI, 94800 Villejuif
Rev Prat 57:280-6. 2007..In France, in 2007, the system of allocation organ will change (using a system similar to the MELD score) to prioritize patients with the highest risk of death while waiting for liver transplant...
- Long-term effects of calcineurin inhibitor conversion to mycophenolate mofetil on renal function after liver transplantationCaroline Creput
Nephrology and Transplantation Unit, Kremlin Bicetre Hospital, Kremlin Bicêtre France
Liver Transpl 13:1004-10. 2007..In liver recipients with CRF, a reduction or withdrawal of CNI concomitantly with the introduction of MMF was safe and was associated with an improvement in renal function...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma is associated with an increased risk of hepatitis B virus recurrence after liver transplantationLuciana C Faria
INSERM, U 785, Villejuif, France
Gastroenterology 134:1890-9; quiz 2155. 2008..The role of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in HBV recurrence remains unclear. We investigated the association between HCC pre-OLT and HBV recurrence post-OLT...
- Are HIV-infected patients candidates for liver transplantation?Didier Samuel
INSERM U785, and Centre Hepato Biliare, AP HP Hopital Paul Brousse, Villejuif, France
J Hepatol 48:697-707. 2008
- Viral and clinical factors associated with surface gene variants among hepatitis B virus carriersAnne Marie Roque-Afonso
INSERM U785, 94804 Villejuif, France
Antivir Ther 12:1255-63. 2007..We focused on variations in the major hydrophilic region (MHR), the central core of HBsAg known to be exposed on the surface and involved in antibody binding...
- Survival and recurrence of hepatitis C after liver transplantation in patients coinfected with human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis C virusJean Charles Duclos-Vallée
Centre Hepato Biliaire, AP HP Hopital Paul Brousse, Villejuif, France
Hepatology 47:407-17. 2008....
- Pneumocystis pneumonia: an opportunistic infection occurring in patients with severe alcoholic hepatitisLuciana Costa Faria
AP HP Hopital Paul Brousse, Hepatobiliary Center, Villejuif, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:26-8. 2008..Long-term corticotherapy represents a risk for Pneumocystis pneumonia...
- Usefulness of corticosteroids for the treatment of severe and fulminant forms of autoimmune hepatitisPhilippe Ichai
Centre Hépatobiliaire and INSERM Unit 785, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris Sud, Hopital Paul Brousse, Villejuif, France
Liver Transpl 13:996-1003. 2007..Among the untreated patients, 3 survived after LT and 1 died without LT. In conclusion, corticosteroid therapy is of little benefit in severe and fulminant forms of AIH; it may favor septic complications and should not delay LT...
- Distinct hepatitis C virus core and F protein quasispecies in tumoral and nontumoral hepatocytes isolated via microdissectionRodolphe Sobesky
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, U785, Villejuif, France
Hepatology 46:1704-12. 2007..Our study supports the importance of core genetic variability in hepatocellular carcinogenesis...
- Effect of highly active antiretroviral therapy on tacrolimus pharmacokinetics in hepatitis C virus and HIV co-infected liver transplant recipients in the ANRS HC-08 studyElina Teicher
Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases Department, Hopital Paul Brousse, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Paris, France
Clin Pharmacokinet 46:941-52. 2007..To characterise the interactions between tacrolimus and antiretroviral drug combinations in hepatitis C virus-HIV co-infected patients who had received a liver transplant...
- [Liver transplantation for patients infected with both HIV and HCV or HIV and HBV]Jean Charles Duclos-Vallée
Département des Maladies du Foie et INSERM U785, Unité de maladies infectieuses, Universite Paris XI, Centre Hepato Biliaire, Hopital Paul Brousse, 12 14, avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94804, Villejuif, France
Med Sci (Paris) 23:723-8. 2007..Understanding HCV recurrence mechanisms, and preventing and treating of HCV recurrence are major future challenges...
- New sensitive tools for hepatitis B virus (HBV) detection in liver transplantation: what will be their impact on the prophylaxis of HBV infection?Didier Samuel
Liver Transpl 13:1084-7. 2007
- The difficulty in timing for liver transplantation in cirrhotic patients coinfected with HIV: in search for a prognosis scoreDidier Samuel
Liver Transpl 12:699-701. 2006
- Medical community preferences concerning adult living related donor liver transplantationDenis Castaing
Centre Hepato Biliaire, Hopital Paul Brousse, UPRES 1596, Universite Paris Sud, Villejuif
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 30:183-7. 2006..To assess acceptance and acceptable estimated mortality levels for right lobe adult-to-adult living related liver transplantation for the medical and allied professions...
- Liver transplantation for hepatitis B virus-related liver disease: indications, prevention of recurrence and resultsBruno Roche
, UPRES 3541, Formation de recherche Claude Bernard Virus et Transplantation, , , , 14 avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94800 Villejuif, France
J Hepatol 39:S181-9. 2003
- Quality of life in adult survivors beyond 10 years after liver, kidney, and heart transplantationVincent H Karam
Centre Hepato Biliaire, Hopital Paul Brousse, 4 Avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94804 Villejuif Cedex, France
Transplantation 76:1699-704. 2003..The yearly increasing survival rates testify to the success of transplantation, but questions remain relating to the quality of life (QOL) associated with long-term survival...
- Adefovir dipivoxil therapy for lamivudine-resistant hepatitis B in pre- and post-liver transplantation patientsEugene R Schiff
Center for Liver Diseases, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Hepatology 38:1419-27. 2003..In conclusion, 48 weeks of adefovir dipivoxil resulted in significant improvements in virologic, biochemical, and clinical parameters in CHB patients pre- and post-LT with lamivudine-resistant HBV...
- Human leukocyte antigen-G (HLA-G) expression in biliary epithelial cells is associated with allograft acceptance in liver-kidney transplantationCaroline Creput
Hemato immunology Research Institute, CEA Laboratory, Direction des Sciences du Vivant, Departement de Recherche Medicale, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Institut Universitaire d Hematologie, Saint Louis Hospital, 75010 Paris cedex 10, France
J Hepatol 39:587-94. 2003..The HLA-G molecule is acknowledged to possess tolerogenic properties...
- Fulminant hepatitis after grand mal seizures: mechanisms and role of liver transplantationPhilippe Ichai
Centre Hepatobiliaire, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris Sud, Hopital Paul Brousse, Villejuif, France
Hepatology 38:443-51. 2003..The neurological prognosis and overall survival of these patients remains poor...
- HBV DNA persistence 10 years after liver transplantation despite successful anti-HBS passive immunoprophylaxisBruno Roche
Centre Hepato-Biliaire, , Villejuif, France
Hepatology 38:86-95. 2003..Combination prophylaxis with HBIG and antiviral therapy is effective in patients with viral replication. Although there were only a few cases of HBV recurrence after 5 years, HBV DNA remained present in 45% of patients at 10 years...
- All liver recipients benefit from the protocol 10-year liver biopsiesMylene Sebagh
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Paul Brousse, Villejuif, France
Hepatology 37:1293-301. 2003....
- Decision for retransplantation of the liver: an experience- and cost-based analysisDaniel Azoulay
Hepatobiliary Center, Hospital Paul Brousse, Assitance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris and Université Paris Sud, Villejuif, France
Ann Surg 236:713-21; discussion 721. 2002..To determine the patient factors affecting patient outcome of first liver retransplantation at a single center to help in the decision process for retransplantation...
- [Liver transplantation for intrahepatic Rendu-Osler-Weber's disease: the Paul Brousse hospital experience]Daniel Azoulay
Département de Chirurgie Hépato Biliaire, Hopital Paul Brousse, Universite Paris Sud, UPRES 1596, IFR 89 9, Villejuif, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:828-34. 2002..Nine centers have reported 15 cases of liver transplantation for Rendu-Osler-Weber's disease with liver involvement. Six cases are reported to analyse the specific technical and hemodynamical aspects...
- [Treatment of hepatitis C after liver transplantation]Didier Samuel
, , Villejuif
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:B231-7. 2002
- [Pneumocystis carinii and cytomegalovirus pneumonia after corticosteroid therapy in acute severe alcoholic hepatitis: 2 case reports]Philippe Ichai
Centre Hepato Biliaire, Hopital Paul Brousse, UPRES 1596, Universite Paris Sud, Villejuif, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:532-4. 2002..In conclusion, Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia is a potential complication of steroid treatments for acute alcoholic hepatitis and should be suspected in case of unexplained pulmonary infection...
- [HBV cirrhosis]Didier Samuel
, , 14, avenue Paul Vaillant-Couturier, 94800 Villejuif, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:514-7. 2002
- Prognostic value of quantitative Kaposi sarcoma--associated herpesvirus load in posttransplantation Kaposi sarcomaClaire Pellet
Laboratory of Pharmacology, , Paris, France
J Infect Dis 186:110-3. 2002..01). Thus, quantification of KSHV load in peripheral blood mononuclear cells could represent a useful tool for monitoring transplant recipients with KS...
- Fatal disseminated Kaposi's sarcoma following human herpesvirus 8 primary infections in liver-transplant recipientsAnne Genevieve Marcelin
Department of Virology UPRES 2387, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Liver Transpl 10:295-300. 2004....
- The MTHFR 677C > T polymorphism is associated with an increased risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with alcoholic cirrhosisRaphael Saffroy
Service de Biochimie et Biologie Moléculaire, Cedex, France
Carcinogenesis 25:1443-8. 2004..02). The relative risk for HCC in subjects with alcoholic cirrhosis and the CC genotype was 2.03. These results suggest that the MTHFR CC genotype increases the risk to develop HCC in patients who consume a high alcohol diet...
- Results of lis2t, a multicenter, randomized study comparing cyclosporine microemulsion with C2 monitoring and tacrolimus with C0 monitoring in de novo liver transplantationGary Levy
University Health Network, The Toronto Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Transplantation 77:1632-8. 2004..The incidence of adverse events is comparable except for a significantly higher incidence of diabetes mellitus and diarrhea in the tacrolimus group. Both agents are effective primary immunosuppressants in liver transplant recipients...
- Aspects of hepatitis C virus infection relating to liver transplantationBruno Roche
, , Villejuif, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:313-20. 2006..Combination therapy gave promising results, with sustained virological response in 25-35% of patients, but indications, modality and duration of treatment should be assessed...
- Liver resection as a bridge to transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma on cirrhosis: a reasonable strategy?Rene Adam
Centre Hépato Biliare, Hospital Paul Brousse, Assistance Publique, Hospitaux de Paris Université Paris Sud Villejuif, France
Ann Surg 238:508-18; discussion 518-9. 2003..To assess the viability of a strategy of primary resection with secondary liver transplantation (LT) for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) on cirrhosis...
- Herpes simplex virus-associated acute liver failure: a difficult diagnosis with a poor prognosisPhilippe Ichai
Centre Hepatobiliaire, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris Sud, Hopital Paul Brousse, 12 avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94800 Villejuif Cedex, France
Liver Transpl 11:1550-5. 2005..Diagnosis methods providing fast results (real-time polymerase chain reaction [PCR]) should be implemented...
- Cadaveric full-size liver transplantation and the graft alternatives in adults: a comparative study from a single centreMylene Sebagh
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Paul Brousse, 14 avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94 804 Villejuif Cedex, France
J Hepatol 44:118-25. 2006..This study aims to compare the results of living donor (LDLT), cadaveric split (SLT) and domino (DO) liver transplantation which are currently available alternatives to the conventional cadaveric full-size liver transplantation (CAD)...
- Could post-liver transplantation course be helpful for the diagnosis of so called cryptogenic cirrhosis?Jean Charles Duclos-Vallée
Centre Hepato Biliaire, Hopital Paul Brousse, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Villejuif, France
Clin Transplant 19:591-9. 2005..In all cases a precise diagnosis is obviously of practical interest for better management of post-transplant survey and treatment...
- The questionable role of immunization against hepatitis B in HBV infected liver transplant patientsDidier Samuel
J Hepatol 43:203-6. 2005
- Management of the hepatitis B virus in the liver transplantation setting: a European and an American perspectiveNorah Terrault
University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Liver Transpl 11:716-32. 2005
- [Prevention and treatment of hepatitis B virus infection after liver transplantation]Bruno Roche
, EA 3541, , Villejuif, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 29:393-404. 2005
- The histologic pattern of "biliary tract pathology" is accurate for the diagnosis of biliary complicationsMylene Sebagh
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Villejuif, France
Am J Surg Pathol 29:318-23. 2005..In conclusion, BTP after liver transplantation has clinical significance in most cases, with a particular emphasis for true biliary complications. This pattern must incite radiographic verification of the biliary tract...
- [Increased long-term permeability of transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS) in 218 cirrhotic patients, with strict monitoring]Denis Castaing
Centre Hepato Biliaire, Hopital Paul Brousse, AP HP, Universite Paris Sud, Paris, Villejuif 94
Presse Med 33:1239-46. 2004..To measure the impact of strict monitoring on long term permeability of TIPS...
- Steroid withdrawal at day 14 after liver transplantation: a double-blind, placebo-controlled studyGeorges Philippe Pageaux
CHU St Eloi, Montpellier, France
Liver Transpl 10:1454-60. 2004..10). In conclusion, this first double-blind, placebo-controlled study of steroid withdrawal at day 14 showed a higher incidence of acute rejection, only balanced by a trend of a lower need of antidiabetic treatment...
- Evolving strategies to prevent HBV recurrenceBruno Roche
, , Villejuif, France
Liver Transpl 10:S74-85. 2004....
- Hepatitis C, interferon, and risk of rejection after liver transplantationDidier Samuel
Liver Transpl 10:868-71. 2004
- Accuracy of bile duct changes for the diagnosis of chronic liver allograft rejection: reliability of the 1999 Banff schemaMylene Sebagh
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Centre Hepato Biliaire, and Unité de Santé Publique, Hopital Paul Brousse, Villejuif, France
Hepatology 35:117-25. 2002..However, limited information can be drawn regarding the outcome of CR based on histology alone. Transient lobular hepatitis, unrelated to viral infection and veno-occlusive disease, may be an unusual expression of CR...