Genomes and Genes
- A study of 28 flat bone osteosarcomas: prognostic factors and early and long-term outcomeS Salas
Service d Oncologie Médicale Adulte, CHU Timone, APHM, 264 rue Saint Pierre, Marseille, France
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 20:322-9. 2011..Our results suggest a more favourable outcome of FBOS as the use of a treatment scheme based on the protocols for long bone osteosarcomas. However, an adequate local treatment is essential to ensure a better outcome...
- Efficacy of lidocaine in patients receiving palliative care with opioid-refractory cancer pain with a neuropathic component: study protocol for a randomized controlled studySébastien Salas
EA3279, Self perceived Health Assessment Research Unit, School of Medicine, Universite de la Mediterranee, 27 Bd Jean Moulin, Marseille cedex 05 F 13385, France
Trials 15:318. 2014..The secondary objectives are to assess the tolerance of, symptomatology, and patient satisfaction with the therapeutic approach...
- Correlation between ERK1 and STAT3 expression and chemoresistance in patients with conventional osteosarcomaSébastien Salas
Aix Marseille Univ, CRO2, 13284 Marseille, France
BMC Cancer 14:606. 2014....
- Recombinant erythropoietin for the anaemia of patients with advanced Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumours (GIST) receiving imatinib: an active agent only in non progressive patientsFlorence Duffaud
Centre Leon Berard, Department of Medecine, French Sarcoma Group GSF GETO, European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer EORTC, University Claude Bernard Lyon I, Lyon, France
Clin Sarcoma Res 2:11. 2012..ABSTRACT: Recombinant erythropoietin for the anaemia of patients with advanced Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumours (GIST) receiving imatinib : an active agent only in non progressive patients...
- Molecular characterization by array comparative genomic hybridization and DNA sequencing of 194 desmoid tumorsSébastien Salas
Department of Pathology, INSERM U916, Bergonie Institute, 229 Cours de l Argonne, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:560-8. 2010..A better understanding of the pathogenetic pathways in the initiation and progression of desmoid tumors requires studies of 8q and 20q gains, as well as of 6q and 5q losses, and study of the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway...
- Molecular characterization of the response to chemotherapy in conventional osteosarcomas: predictive value of HSD17B10 and IFITM2Sébastien Salas
Service Oncologie Medicale, Hopital de la Timone, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, Marseille, France
Int J Cancer 125:851-60. 2009..RPL8 and IFITM2 may be useful in the assessment at diagnosis and for stratifying patients taking part in randomized trials...
- Superficial soft tissue sarcomas (S-STS): a study of 367 patients from the French Sarcoma Group (FSG) databaseSébastien Salas
Department of Pathology, Bergonie Institute, 229 Cours de l Argonne, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Eur J Cancer 45:2091-102. 2009..We describe the clinical characteristics of a large series of S-STS (N=367) from the French Sarcoma Group (GSF-GETO) database and analyse the prognostic factors affecting outcome...
- Soft tissue sarcomas of the trunk wall (STS-TW): a study of 343 patients from the French Sarcoma Group (FSG) databaseS Salas
Department of Pathology, Bergonie Institute, Bordeaux, France
Ann Oncol 20:1127-35. 2009..Soft tissue sarcomas of the trunk wall (STS-TW) are usually studied together with soft tissue sarcomas of other locations. We report a study on STS-TW forming part of the French Sarcoma Group database...
- Prognostic factors influencing progression-free survival determined from a series of sporadic desmoid tumors: a wait-and-see policy according to tumor presentationSébastien Salas
Departement de Pathologie, Institut Bergonié 229, cours de l Argonne, Bordeaux, France CEDEX 33076
J Clin Oncol 29:3553-8. 2011..We present the results of the largest series of sporadic desmoid tumors ever published to determine the prognostic factors of these rare tumors...
- Nutritional factors as predictors of response to radio-chemotherapy and survival in unresectable squamous head and neck carcinomaSébastien Salas
Service d Oncologie Medicale, Adulte CHU Timone, APHM, Marseilles, France
Radiother Oncol 87:195-200. 2008..This study sought to evaluate nutritional prognostic factors before treatment in patients with unresectable head and neck cancer treated by concomitant radio-chemotherapy...
- Ezrin and alpha-smooth muscle actin are immunohistochemical prognostic markers in conventional osteosarcomasSébastien Salas
Service d Oncologie Médicale Adulte CHU Timone, APHM, Marseilles, France
Virchows Arch 451:999-1007. 2007..001 and p = 0.003, respectively, and alpha-smooth muscle actin for OS only (p = 0.024). Our findings suggest that ezrin and alpha-smooth muscle actin are predictive IHC prognostic markers for patients with an osteosarcoma...
- Expression and role of adrenomedullin in renal tumors and value of its mRNA levels as prognostic factor in clear-cell renal carcinomaJean Laurent Deville
INSERM, UMR 911 CRO2, Marseille, France
Int J Cancer 125:2307-15. 2009..These findings highlight the implication of the AM pathway in the metastatic process and the prognostic relevance of AM in cRCC and point to a potential new therapeutic target...
- Validated prediction of clinical outcome in sarcomas and multiple types of cancer on the basis of a gene expression signature related to genome complexityFrederic Chibon
Departement de Pathologie, Institut Bergonie, Bordeaux, France
Nat Med 16:781-7. 2010..Application of the signature will permit more selective use of adjuvant therapies for people with sarcomas, leading to decreased iatrogenic morbidity and improved outcomes for such individuals...
- Complete pathological response after sequential therapy with sunitinib and radiotherapy for metastatic clear cell renal carcinomaGeoffroy Venton
Medical Oncology Unit, La Timone Hospital, 264 rue Saint Pierre, 13385 Marseilles Cedex 5, France
Anticancer Res 32:701-5. 2012..This case highlights potential synergy between sunitinib and radiation therapy in clear cell renal carcinoma...
- Therapeutic drug monitoring for dose individualization of Cisplatin in testicular cancer patients based upon total platinum measurement in plasmaSébastien Salas
Medical Oncology Unit, Clinical Pharmacokinetics Unit, La Timone University Hospital, Marseille, France
Ther Drug Monit 28:532-9. 2006..It is noteworthy that despite these markedly higher doses, little severe toxicity was reported, and all of the patients presented in this study were still alive and disease free after a follow-up of up to 15 years...
- Ezrin immunohistochemical expression in cartilaginous tumours: a useful tool for differential diagnosis between chondroblastic osteosarcoma and chondrosarcomaSébastien Salas
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital La Timone, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, 264 rue Saint Pierre, 13385, Marseille Cedex 5, France
Virchows Arch 454:81-7. 2009..Ezrin expression in chondroblastomas is more intriguing and requires further study to assess prognostic value...
- Impact of the prophylactic gastrostomy for unresectable squamous cell head and neck carcinomas treated with radio-chemotherapy on quality of life: Prospective randomized trialSébastien Salas
Service d Oncologie Médicale Adulte, CHU Timone, APHM, Marseille, France
Radiother Oncol 93:503-9. 2009..The objectives of this study were to assess the impact of prophylactic gastrostomy on the 6-month quality of life, and to determine the factors related to this quality of life...
- Adrenomedullin as a therapeutic target in angiogenesisJean Laurent Deville
INSERM UMR 911 CRO2, Faculte de Medecine Timone, 13385 Marseille Cedex 05, F 13000, France
Expert Opin Ther Targets 14:1059-72. 2010..AM is believed to play an important role in tumor progression and angiogenesis in many cancers. Therefore, it could become a new therapeutic target...
- Gene expression profiling of colon cancer by DNA microarrays and correlation with histoclinical parametersFrancois Bertucci
Département d Oncologie Moléculaire, Institut Paoli Calmettes and U119 Inserm, IFR57, Marseille, France
Oncogene 23:1377-91. 2004..These results suggest that microarrays may provide means to improve the classification of CRC, provide new potential targets against carcinogenesis and new diagnostic and/or prognostic markers and therapeutic targets...
- Ketamine analgesic effect by continuous intravenous infusion in refractory cancer pain: considerations about the clinical research in palliative careSébastien Salas
Service d Oncologie Médicale Adulte et de Soins Palliatifs, CHU Timone, APHM, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
J Palliat Med 15:287-93. 2012..The literature has described the use of ketamine as an adjuvant treatment for opioid-refractory cancer pain. None of these studies have used the drug in a palliative care patient population...
- [A study of the social representations in chemotherapy: a way to analyse the relations between patients and oncologists]Patrice Cannone
Psychologue clinicien, Service d Oncologie Medicale, CHU Timone, 264 rue Saint Pierre, 13385 Marseille
Bull Cancer 91:279-84. 2004....