- Buprenorphine/naloxone as a promising therapeutic option for opioid abusing patients with chronic pain: reduction of pain, opioid withdrawal symptoms, and abuse liability of oral oxycodonePerrine Roux
Division on Substance Abuse, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Department of Psychiatry, and College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Dr, Unit 120, New York, NY 10032, USA
Pain 154:1442-8. 2013..These data suggest that Bup/Nx was effective in reducing pain and supplemental oxycodone use. Importantly, adequate management of pain and withdrawal symptoms by Bup/Nx may reduce oxycodone preference in this population...
- Methadone induction in primary care (ANRS-Methaville): a phase III randomized intervention trialPerrine Roux
INSERM U912 SESSTIM, Marseille, France
BMC Public Health 12:488. 2012..This study aims to assess the effectiveness of methadone in patients who initiated treatment in primary care compared with those who initiated it in a CSAPA, by measuring abstinence from street opioid use after one year of treatment...
- Engaging HIV-HCV co-infected patients in HCV treatment: the roles played by the prescribing physician and patients' beliefs (ANRS CO13 HEPAVIH cohort, France)Dominique Salmon-Ceron
Unité de maladies infectieuses, Pôle Médecine, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
BMC Health Serv Res 12:59. 2012..Treatment for the hepatitis C virus (HCV) may be delayed significantly in HIV/HCV co-infected patients. Our study aims at identifying the correlates of access to HCV treatment in this population...
- Non-medical use of opioids among HIV-infected opioid dependent individuals on opioid maintenance treatment: the need for a more comprehensive approachPerrine Roux
INSERM, U912 SE4S, 23 rue Stanislas Torrents, 13006 Marseille, France
Harm Reduct J 8:31. 2011..abstract:..
- Adherence to antiretroviral treatment in HIV-positive patients in the Cameroon context: promoting the use of medication reminder methodsPerrine Roux
INSERM, U912, SE4S, Marseille, Bouches du rhone, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 57:S40-3. 2011..Antiretroviral treatment (ART) scale-up in sub-Saharan Africa has made it possible to investigate the maintenance of adherence to HIV medications. We describe here adherence to ART and identify its correlates in the Cameroonian context...
- Determinants of benzodiazepine use in a representative population of HIV-infected individuals: the role of HIV status disclosure (ANRS-EN12-VESPA study)Perrine Roux
INSERM, U, Marseille, France
AIDS Care 23:1163-70. 2011..They also highlight the need for appropriate case management and psychiatric care to help patients manage the consequences of disclosure...
- Reducing harm from injecting pharmaceutical tablet or capsule material by injecting drug usersPerrine Roux
INSERM, U912 SE4S, Marseille, France
Drug Alcohol Rev 30:287-90. 2011..To reduce the harmful consequences of injecting such solutions, drug users have been encouraged to use filters. This research studied the effectiveness of an injection drug user syringe filter (IDUSF) in eliminating these particles...
- Determinants of the underreporting of alcohol consumption by HIV/HCV co-infected patients during face-to-face medical interviews: the role of the physicianP Roux
INSERM, U912 SE4S, Marseille, France
Drug Alcohol Depend 116:228-32. 2011....
- Retention in opioid substitution treatment: a major predictor of long-term virological success for HIV-infected injection drug users receiving antiretroviral treatmentPerrine Roux
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U912 SE4S, Marseille, France
Clin Infect Dis 49:1433-40. 2009..We selected a total of 113 patients, accounting for a total of 562 visits for all the analyses...
- The impact of methadone or buprenorphine treatment and ongoing injection on highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) adherence: evidence from the MANIF2000 cohort studyPerrine Roux
INSERM U912 SE4S, Marseille, France
Addiction 103:1828-36. 2008..This study was conducted in order to evaluate whether receiving take-home methadone and buprenorphine may ensure better adherence to HAART in individuals infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) through injection drug use (IDU)...
- Self-reported side effects in buprenorphine and methadone patients receiving antiretroviral therapy: results from the MANIF 2000 cohort studyM Patrizia Carrieri
NSERM, U912 SE4S, Marseille, France Université Aix Marseille, IRD, UMR S912, Marseille, France
Addiction 105:2160-8. 2010..The aim of the study was to investigate the relationship between methadone and buprenorphine treatment and self-reported symptoms in HIV-infected opioid dependent individuals receiving antiretroviral therapy (ART)...
- Buprenorphine in primary care: risk factors for treatment injection and implications for clinical managementPerrine Roux
INSERM, U912 Economic and Social Sciences, Health Systems and Societies, Marseille, France
Drug Alcohol Depend 97:105-13. 2008..The aim of this study was to identify which factors are predictive of buprenorphine injection in patients receiving office-based buprenorphine...
- Association between elevated coffee consumption and daily chocolate intake with normal liver enzymes in HIV-HCV infected individuals: results from the ANRS CO13 HEPAVIH cohort studyM Patrizia Carrieri
INSERM, U912 SESSTIM, Marseille, France Aix Marseille Univ, IRD, UMR S912, Marseille, France ORS PACA, Observatoire Régional de la Santé Provence Alpes Côte d Azur, Marseille, France Electronic address
J Hepatol 60:46-53. 2014....
- Positive impact of hepatitis C virus (HCV) treatment on antiretroviral treatment adherence in human immunodeficiency virus-HCV coinfected patients: one more argument for expanded access to HCV treatment for injecting drug usersPerrine Roux
INSERM, U912, SE4S, Marseille, France
Addiction 107:152-9. 2012..Longitudinal data were used to investigate the relationship between initiating HCV treatment and adherence to ART in HIV/HCV coinfected patients...
- Opioid maintenance treatment as a harm reduction tool for opioid-dependent individuals in New York City: the need to expand access to buprenorphine/naloxone in marginalized populationsSharon Stancliff
Harm Reduction Coalition, New York, New York 10025, USA
J Addict Dis 31:278-87. 2012..This pilot study demonstrated that BUP/NX could be successfully used to treat marginalized heroin users...
- Self-reported alcohol abuse in HIV-HCV co-infected patients: a better predictor of HIV virological rebound than physician's perceptions (HEPAVIH ARNS CO13 cohort)Fabienne Marcellin
INSERM, UMR912 SESSTIM, Marseille, France
Addiction 108:1250-8. 2013..Studying alcohol abuse impact, as measured by physicians' perceptions and patients' self-reports, on HIV virological rebound among patients chronically co-infected with HIV and hepatitis C virus (HCV)...
- Predictors of non-prescribed opioid use after one year of methadone treatment: An attributable-risk approach (ANRS-Methaville trial)Caroline Lions
INSERM, UMR912 Economics and Social Sciences Applied to Health and Analysis of Medical Information SESSTIM, 13006 Marseille, France Aix Marseille University, UMR_S912, IRD, 13006 Marseille, France ORS PACA, Southeastern Health Regional Observatory, 13006 Marseille, France Electronic address
Drug Alcohol Depend 135:1-8. 2014..However many patients continue to use other opioids while on methadone treatment. Studies assessing avoidable cases of continued non-prescribed opioid use during methadone treatment are sparse...
- Impact of in-patient research participation on subsequent heroin use patterns: implications for ethics and public healthPerrine Roux
Substance Use Research Center, NYSPI, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Addiction 107:642-9. 2012..The primary objective of this study was to assess whether participation in such research alters the frequency of heroin use by non-treatment-seeking opioid-dependent volunteers after study completion...
- Buprenorphine sniffing as a response to inadequate care in substituted patients: results from the Subazur survey in south-eastern FrancePerrine Roux
INSERM, U912 SE4S, Marseille, France
Addict Behav 33:1625-9. 2008..The Subazur survey gave us the opportunity to identify factors associated with buprenorphine sniffing in patients receiving buprenorphine in primary care...
- Effects of acute oral naltrexone on the subjective and physiological effects of oral D-amphetamine and smoked cocaine in cocaine abusersSandra D Comer
Department of Psychiatry, Division on Substance Abuse, New York State Psychiatric Institute, and College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 38:2427-38. 2013..Future studies should continue to evaluate NTX as a potential anti-craving medication for COC dependence. ..
- Factors associated with non-adherence to long-term highly active antiretroviral therapy: a 10 year follow-up analysis with correction for the bias induced by missing dataCamelia Protopopescu
INSERM, U912 SE4S, 13006 Marseille, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 64:599-606. 2009..The aim of this study was to identify factors associated with non-adherence over a 10 year follow-up of the APROCO-COPILOTE cohort during the maintenance phase of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- Assessing adherence to antiretroviral therapy in randomized HIV clinical trials: a review of currently used methodsFabienne Marcellin
INSERM, UMR912 SESSTIM, 13006, Marseille, France
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 11:239-50. 2013..The scope of this article is to review and discuss the range of adherence measures currently used in RCTs conducted among HIV-infected adults...
- Correlates of poor perceived health among individuals living with HIV and HBV chronic infections: a longitudinal assessmentFabienne Marcellin
INSERM, U912 SE4S, Marseille, France
AIDS Care 23:501-7. 2011..Individuals with wild-type HBV and multiple hepatitis infection require better clinical management. Further research is needed for hepatitis D virus infection, for which treatment options are currently very limited...
- Non-adherence to aspirin in patients undergoing coronary stenting: negative impact of comorbid conditions and implications for clinical managementThomas Cuisset
Department of Cardiology, CHU Timone, Marseille, France
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 104:306-12. 2011..Premature discontinuation of and reduced adherence to antiplatelet therapy have been identified as major risk factors for stent thrombosis and poor prognosis after acute coronary syndrome...
- Brief overdose education can significantly increase accurate recognition of opioid overdose among heroin usersJermaine D Jones
Division on Substance Abuse, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, United States Electronic address
Int J Drug Policy 25:166-70. 2014..The current study sought to assess the ability of NYSDOH training to increase accurate identification of opioid and non-opioid overdose, and naloxone use among heroin users...