F Di Fiore
Affiliation: Rouen University Hospital
- Complete pathological regression of hepatocellular carcinoma with portal vein thrombosis treated with sorafenibSabrina Kermiche-Rahali
Department of Digestive Surgery, Rouen University Hospital, 1 rue de Germont, 76031 Rouen, France
World J Surg Oncol 11:171. 2013..A lateral left hepatectomy was performed and pathology showed complete necrosis of the tumor. Sorafenib can downstage HCC in patients with cirrhosis allowing further surgical resection. ..
- Phase II/III multicentre randomised controlled trial evaluating a strategy of primary surgery and adjuvant chemotherapy versus peri-operative chemotherapy for resectable gastric signet ring cell adenocarcinomas - PRODIGE 19 - FFCD1103 - ADCI002Guillaume Piessen
Department of Digestive and Oncological Surgery, University Hospital of Lille, F 59037 Lille, France
BMC Cancer 13:281. 2013..Evidence is accruing that signet ring cell carcinomas may have inherent chemo resistance leaving many clinicians unsure of the benefits of delaying surgery to pursue a neoadjuvant approach...
- Genetic variations of the A13/A14 repeat located within the EGFR 3' untranslated region have no oncogenic effect in patients with colorectal cancerNasrin Sarafan-Vasseur
Inserm U1079, Institute for Biomedical Research and Innovation, University of Rouen, 22 Boulevard Gambetta, CS 76183, Rouen cedex 76183, France
BMC Cancer 13:183. 2013..These mutations could be oncogenic in colorectal tissue since they were shown to result into increased EGFR mRNA stability in CRC cell lines...
- 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography after definitive chemoradiotherapy in patients with oesophageal carcinomaFrederic Di Fiore
Digestive Oncology Unit, Hepatogastroenterology Department, Rouen University Hospital and University of Rouen, France
Dig Liver Dis 44:875-9. 2012..The purpose of the study was to investigate the value of 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose-positron emission tomography performed after definitive chemoradiotherapy in patients with locally advanced oesophageal carcinoma...
- Esophageal cancer in the elderly: an analysis of the factors associated with treatment decisions and outcomesDavid Tougeron
Digestive Oncology Unit, Department of Gastroenterology, Rouen University Hospital, Northwest Canceropole, 1 rue de Germont, 76031 Rouen Cedex, France
BMC Cancer 10:510. 2010..Only limited data has been reported so far regarding oesophageal cancer (EC) in elderly patients. The aim of the study is to identify the baseline parameters that influenced therapeutic decision...
- [Non-resectable metastases from colorectal cancers]F Di Fiore
Unité d oncologie urodigestive, pôle viscéral, Hopital Charles Nicolle, CHU de Rouen, 1, rue de Germont, 76031 Rouen Cedex, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 32:S140-4. 2008
- Molecular determinants of anti-EGFR sensitivity and resistance in metastatic colorectal cancerF Di Fiore
Faculty of Medicine, Institute for Biomedical Research, 22 Boulevard Gambetta, 76183 Rouen, France
Br J Cancer 103:1765-72. 2010..Until now, all these markers are not completely validated and only KRAS genotyping is mandatory in routine practice for use of the anti-EGFR mAbs in MCRC...
- [Prognostic role of KRAS mutation in colorectal cancer]F Di Fiore
CHU Charles Nicolle, Unité d oncologie urodigestive, pôle viscéral, 76031 Rouen, France
Bull Cancer 96:S23-30. 2009..Considering the lack of sufficient data, the detection of KRAS mutations is not recommended in other clinical setting...
- Clinical relevance of KRAS mutation detection in metastatic colorectal cancer treated by Cetuximab plus chemotherapyF Di Fiore
1Digestive Oncology Unit, Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, Rouen University Hospital, Northwest Canceropole, France
Br J Cancer 96:1166-9. 2007....
- Definitive chemoradiotherapy in patients with esophageal adenocarcinoma: an alternative to surgery?D Tougeron
Digestive Oncology Unit, Department of Gastroenterology, Rouen University Hospital Charles Nicolle, Northwest Canceropole, France
J Surg Oncol 105:761-6. 2012..Data concerning the usefulness of definitive CRT in patients with esophageal adenocarcinoma (ADC) are lacking. The aim of the study was to compare the results of definitive CRT versus surgery in patients with an ADC...
- TP53 mutations predict disease control in metastatic colorectal cancer treated with cetuximab-based chemotherapyA Oden-Gangloff
INSERM U614, Faculty of Medicine, Institute for Biomedical Research, University of Rouen, Rouen, France
Br J Cancer 100:1330-5. 2009....
- Lugol chromo-endoscopy versus narrow band imaging for endoscopic screening of esophageal squamous-cell carcinoma in patients with a history of cured esophageal cancer: a feasibility studyS Lecleire
Gastroenterology Department, Digestive Endoscopy Unit, Rouen University Hospital, France
Dis Esophagus 24:418-22. 2011..This result suggests that NBI could be used instead of Lugol to detect an esophageal neoplasia in patients with high risk of ESCC, but needs to be confirmed in a larger study...
- Safety and outcome of definitive chemoradiotherapy in elderly patients with oesophageal cancerD Tougeron
Digestive Oncology Unit, Department of Gastroenterology, Rouen University Hospital, Northwest Canceropole, Rouen Cedex, France
Br J Cancer 99:1586-92. 2008..046) were identified as independent prognostic factors of overall survival. These results suggest that CRT could be considered as an effective treatment without major toxicity in elderly patients with OC...
- [Chemotherapy and rectal cancer]P Michel
Unité d oncologie urodigestive, pôle viscéral, Hopital Charles Nicolle, CHU de Rouen, Rouen Cedex, France
Cancer Radiother 15:436-9. 2011..The level of evidence for postoperative chemotherapy is low due to lack of specific study. The indication of postoperative chemotherapy depends on the disease extent after preoperative treatment...
- Control of pelvic symptoms in patients with rectal cancer and synchronous metastasesD Tougeron
Digestive Oncology Unit, Department of Gastroenterology, Northwest Canceropole, Rouen University Hospital, 1 rue de Germont, Rouen Cedex, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 33:1106-13. 2009..The optimal treatment strategy for rectal cancer (RC) with synchronous metastases remains an issue of debate. The aim of this study was to evaluate the impact of surgery and radiation on the control of pelvic symptoms in this setting...
- Induction cisplatin-irinotecan followed by concurrent cisplatin-irinotecan and radiotherapy without surgery in oesophageal cancer: multicenter phase II FFCD trialP Michel
unité d oncologie digestive, Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, CHU de Rouen, 1 rue de Germont 76031 Rouen Cedex, France
Br J Cancer 95:705-9. 2006..8%). Overall survival rate at 1 and 2 years was 62.8%, (95% CI, 58.3-77.3%) and 27.9% (95% CI, 13.4-41.3%), respectively. In conclusion, cisplatin-irinotecan-radiotherapy is an active and well-tolerated regimen feasible in out-patients...
- Unusual skeletal muscle metastasis from gastric adenocarcinomaD Tougeron
Digestive Oncology Unit, Department of Gastroenterology, Rouen University Hospital, Northwest Canceropole, Rouen, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 33:485-7. 2009..The patient is alive and free of recurrence in the deltoid muscle after a follow-up of 13 months. Based on this case study, the difficulty of diagnosing skeletal muscle metastases, the prognosis and treatment options are discussed...
- Double stenting of oesophagus and airways in palliative treatment of patients with oesophageal cancer is efficient but associated with a high morbidityS Lecleire
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Rouen University Hospital and ADEN EA3234 IFRMP23, Institute for Biomedical Research, Rouen, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 25:955-63. 2007..Double stenting of oesophagus and airways may be required in palliative treatment of patients with locally advanced oesophageal cancer...
- Prior chemoradiotherapy is associated with a higher life-threatening complication rate after palliative insertion of metal stents in patients with oesophageal cancerS Lecleire
ADEN EA3234 IFRMP23 Research Group, Department of Hepato Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Rouen University Hospital Charles Nicolle, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 23:1693-702. 2006..Self-expanding metal stents are used routinely to palliate dysphagia due to oesophageal cancer...
- Sentinel node mapping in colon carcinoma: in-vivo versus ex-vivo approachJ J Tuech
Department of Digestive Surgery, Rouen University Hospital, 1 rue Germont, 76031 Rouen Cedex, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 32:158-61. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine if ex-vivo and in-vivo technique of lymphatic mapping for colorectal cancer (CCR) result in similar sentinel lymph node (SLN) identification and accuracy rates...
- Severe clinical toxicities are correlated with survival in patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma treated with sunitinib and sorafenibF Di Fiore
Digestive Oncology Unit, Department of Gastroenterology, Rouen University Hospital, 1 rue de Germont, Rouen Cedex, France
Br J Cancer 105:1811-3. 2011..In advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC), sunitinib and sorafenib tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKI) are associated with several clinical side effects, with no definitive established data concerning their clinical impact...
- Optimal treatment with systemic chemotherapy, complete surgical excision and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy for a desmoplastic small round cell tumor in an adult male patientG Lauridant-Philippin
Digestive Oncology Unit, Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, Rouen University Hospital, 1, rue de Germont, 76031 Rouen Cedex, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 34:321-4. 2010....
- Spontaneous passage of a dislocated esophageal metal stent: report of two casesF Di Fiore
Digestive Disease Tract Research Group, Rouen University Hospital Charles Nicolle, 1 rue de Germont, 76031 Rouen Cedex, France
Endoscopy 35:223-5; discussion 225. 2003..We report that a "wait-and-see" approach is a safe and effective policy in patients with permeable transpyloric impacted esophageal stents...
- [Laparoscopic ovarian transposition and cryopreservation of ovarian tissue before chemo-radiotherapy for rectal cancer]M Baron
Departement de Chirurgie, centre régional de lutte contre le cancer de Haute Normandie, 80, Rue d Amiens, 76038 Rouen Cedex, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 35:772-5. 2007..We report a case of laparoscopic ovarian transposition and ovarian cryopreservation in a nulliparous 25-year-old woman with rectal cancer. The authors focus on the surgical technique and the importance of preserving ovarian function...
- Clinical interest of KRAS mutation detection in blood for anti-EGFR therapies in metastatic colorectal cancerF Di Fiore
Br J Cancer 99:551-2. 2008
- Composite tumour of the oesophagus revealed by diffuse liver metastasis from its endocrine componentC Lorenceau-Savale
Dig Liver Dis 38:861-2. 2006
- Sudden asphyxia due to a laryngeal lipoma following esophageal endosonographyS Lecleire
Digestive Tract Research Group, ADEN EA 3234, Rouen, France
Endoscopy 35:254. 2003