Affiliation: Rouen University Hospital
- Biostatistics and epidemiology: measuring the risk attributable to an environmental or genetic factorJacques Benichou
Unité de Biostatistique, CHU de Rouen and Inserm U 657, Institut hospitalo universitaire de recherche biomédicale, Universite de Rouen, 1, rue de Germont, 76031 Rouen Cedex, France
C R Biol 330:281-98. 2007..Despite remaining issues in properly interpreting AR, AR remains a useful guide to assess prevention strategies...
- Usefulness of the serum carcinoembryonic antigen kinetic for chemotherapy monitoring in patients with unresectable metastasis of colorectal cancerIsabelle Iwanicki-Caron
Hepato Gastroenterology Department, Digestive Oncology Unit, Rouen University Hospital Charles Nicolle France, 1 rue de Germont, 76031 Rouen Cedex, France
J Clin Oncol 26:3681-6. 2008..The aim of the study was to evaluate the relationship between serum carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) kinetic and response to chemotherapy in patients with unresectable metastasis of colorectal cancer...
- Benchmarking clinical management of spinal and non-spinal disorders using quality of life: results from the EPI3-LASER survey in primary careMichel Rossignol
Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health, McGill University, 4820 Boulevard Saint Laurent, Montreal, QC H2T 1R5, Canada
Eur Spine J 20:2210-6. 2011..001). In conclusion, anxiety and depressive disorders were commonly reported by GPs among chronic MSD patients. Their prescriptions of psychotropic and analgesic drugs were consistent with patients' self-rated mental and physical health...
- Who seeks primary care for musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) with physicians prescribing homeopathic and other complementary medicine? Results from the EPI3-LASER survey in FranceMichel Rossignol
Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health, McGill University, Canada and LA SER Centre for Risk Research, Montreal, Canada
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:21. 2011....
- A review of adjusted estimators of attributable riskJ Benichou
University of Rouen School of Medicine and Rouen University Hospital, Department of Biostatistics, Rouen, France
Stat Methods Med Res 10:195-216. 2001..Comments on future directions are presented...
- [Effect of magnesium sulphate on mortality and neurologic morbidity of the very-preterm newborn (of less than 33 weeks) with two-year neurological outcome: results of the prospective PREMAG trial]S Marret
Service de pédiatrie néonatale et réanimation, hôpital universitaire de Rouen, 1 rue de Germont, Rouen Cedex, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 36:278-88. 2008..To evaluate whether magnesium sulphate (MgSO(4)) given to women at risk of very-preterm birth would be neuroprotective in preterm newborns...
- Magnesium sulphate given before very-preterm birth to protect infant brain: the randomised controlled PREMAG trial*S Marret
Department of Neonatal Medicine, Rouen University Hospital, Rouen, France
BJOG 114:310-8. 2007..To evaluate whether magnesium sulphate (MgSO(4)) given to women at risk of very-preterm birth would be neuroprotective in preterm newborns and would prevent neonatal mortality and severe white-matter injury (WMI)...
- Percutaneous mechanical mitral commissurotomy with a newly designed metallic valvulotome: immediate results of the initial experience in 153 patientsA Cribier
Charles Nicolle Hospital, Department of Cardiology, University of Rouen, France
Circulation 99:793-9. 1999..To overcome this limitation, a reusable metallic valvotomy device has been developed with the goals of both improving the mitral valvotomy results and decreasing the cost of the procedure...
- Dependency on mask ventilation after acute respiratory failure in the intermediate care unitA Cuvelier
Service de pneumologie et unité de soins intensifs respiratoires, Hopital de Bois Guillaume, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Rouen, 76031 Rouen Cedex, France
Eur Respir J 26:289-97. 2005..The present study raises the need for prospective validation of a weaning protocol in patients managed by noninvasive ventilation for an acute hypercapnic respiratory failure episode...
- [VENISE: Non-invasive ventilation during mechanical ventilation weaning in chronic respiratory failure patients. A prospective randomised controlled and multicenter trial]C Girault
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hopital Charles Nicolle, CHU, Rouen, France
Rev Mal Respir 20:940-5. 2003..The aim of the study will be to assess the usefulness of NIV as an extubation and weaning technique in ventilated ACRF patients...
- Amniotic fluid alpha-fetoprotein is not a useful biological marker of pregnancy outcomeE Verspyck
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Rouen University Hospital, Rouen, France
Prenat Diagn 19:1031-4. 1999..The routine measurement of amniotic fluid alpha-fetoprotein during an amniocentesis procedure was not considered useful in predicting pregnancy complications...
- Occupational and nonoccupational factors associated with high grade bronchial pre-invasive lesionsC Paris
Dept of Occupational Diseases, Rouen University Hospital, Rouen, France
Eur Respir J 21:332-41. 2003....
- A comparison of several methods to test for the existence of a monotonic dose-response relationship in clinical and epidemiological studiesK Leuraud
University of Rouen Medical School and Rouen University Hospital, CHU de Rouen, Department of Biostatistics, 1, rue de Germont, 76 031 Rouen Cedex, France
Stat Med 20:3335-51. 2001..The tests based on contrasts seem to possess more favourable properties by combining close to nominal type I error, high power for monotonic alternatives and low power for non-monotonic alternatives...
- Internal jugular vein thrombosis: outcome and risk factorsX Gbaguidi
Department of Internal Medicine, Rouen University Hospital, 76031 Rouen Cedex, France
QJM 104:209-19. 2011..We compared the characteristics of patients with internal jugular venous thrombosis with those of patients exhibiting upper extremity deep venous thrombosis (UEDVT) without internal jugular vein involvement...
- Smoking status, occupational asbestos exposure and bronchial location of lung cancerChristophe Paris
Occupational Diseases Department, Rouen University Hospital, 1 rue de Germont, 76031 Rouen, Cedex, France
Lung Cancer 40:17-24. 2003....
- Do teaching faculty resources affect the choice of medical career?Francis Roussel
University Medical School of Rouen, France
Med Teach 28:734-41. 2006..Deregulation of regional applications should be considered to come close to equality of opportunity...
- Chronic eczematous eruptions of the elderly are associated with chronic exposure to calcium channel blockers: results from a case-control studyPascal Joly
Department of Dermatology, INSERM U519, Rouen University Hospital, Rouen, France
J Invest Dermatol 127:2766-71. 2007..Healing of these eruptions after CCB withdrawal occurred in 83 and 68% of these cases, respectively. The long-term use of CCB is a risk factor for chronic eczematous eruptions of the elderly...
- Neutrophil but not eosinophil inflammation is related to the severity of a first acute epidemic bronchiolitis in young infantsChristophe Marguet
Pediatric Respiratory Disease Unit, Rouen University Hospital Charles Nicolle, Rouen Cedex, France
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 19:157-65. 2008..Neither cell counts nor eotaxin levels were related to the severity criteria studied. This study suggests that IL-8-associated airway inflammation significantly contributed to the severity of acute epidemic bronchiolitis...
- Interface strategy during noninvasive positive pressure ventilation for hypercapnic acute respiratory failureChristophe Girault
Department of Medical Intensive Care, Rouen University Hospital, Rouen, France
Crit Care Med 37:124-31. 2009..To assess the influence of initial mask choice on the clinical effectiveness and tolerance of noninvasive positive pressure ventilation (NIPPV) in the management of hypercapnic acute respiratory failure...
- A comparison of two regimens of topical corticosteroids in the treatment of patients with bullous pemphigoid: a multicenter randomized studyPascal Joly
Department of Dermatology, INSERM U901, University of Rouen, Rouen, France
J Invest Dermatol 129:1681-7. 2009..54; 95% confidence interval, 0.30-0.97; P=0.039). This mild regimen allows a 70% reduction of the cumulative doses of CS and improves BP patients' outcome...
- [Influence of age on characteristics of cutaneous vasculitis: a series of 132 patients]Isabelle Marie
CHU de Rouen, Departement de Medecine Interne, 76031 Rouen Cedex, France
Presse Med 39:e247-57. 2010..However, to date, no authors have analyzed characteristics of cutaneous vasculitis, especially causes, in elderly patients (≥ 65 years)...
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the combination of bullous pemphigoid antigens 1 and 2 in the diagnosis of bullous pemphigoidAude Roussel
Department of Dermatology, Rouen University Hospital, University of Rouen, France
Arch Dermatol 147:293-8. 2011..To assess the usefulness of enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) assessment of the combination of bullous pemphigoid antigen 1 (BPAG1) and BPAG2 in the diagnosis of bullous pemphigoid (BP)...
- A comparison of oral and topical corticosteroids in patients with bullous pemphigoidPascal Joly
Department of Dermatology and Biostatistics, INSERM Unite 519, University of Rouen, Rouen, France
N Engl J Med 346:321-7. 2002..Because elderly people have low tolerance for standard regimens of oral corticosteroids, we studied whether highly potent topical corticosteroids could decrease mortality while controlling disease...
- Reading factor: a new bibliometric criterion for managing digital librariesStefan J Darmoni
Computer and Networks Department, Rouen Medical School, France
J Med Libr Assoc 90:323-7. 2002
- Prediction of survival for patients with bullous pemphigoid: a prospective studyPascal Joly
Department of Dermatology, Institut National de la Santé et de la Récherche Médicale U 519, University of Rouen, Rouen, France
Arch Dermatol 141:691-8. 2005..To identify the prognostic factors of bullous pemphigoid (BP)...
- HIV and HCV co-infection: situation at six French university hospitals in the year 2000Claudine Buffet-Janvresse
Laboratoire de Virologie, Universite de Rouen, Rouen, France
J Med Virol 69:7-17. 2003..In conclusion, despite the difficulties in managing hepatitis C in HIV-infected patients, almost one-half of all patients in this study had received anti-HCV treatment...
- Boussignac continuous positive airway pressure device in the emergency care of acute cardiogenic pulmonary oedema: a randomized pilot studyFabienne Moritz
Emergency Department, CHU de Rouen, Hopital Charles Nicolle, 1 rue de Germont, 76031 Rouen Cedex, France
Eur J Emerg Med 10:204-8. 2003..It can quickly improve respiratory distress in acute cardiogenic pulmonary oedema patients. A larger trial should be initiated in such an emergency care setting to demonstrate the effectiveness of the Boussignac-CPAP device...
- Secular stability and reliability of measurements of the percentage of dense tissue on mammogramsJacques Benichou
Department of Biostatistics, University of Rouen Medical School and Rouen University Hospital, 76031 Rouen Cedex, France
Cancer Detect Prev 27:266-74. 2003..Among women who developed breast cancer, the baseline mammographic density of the ipsilateral (diseased) breast was 0.53 (95% confidence interval (CI) 0.20-0.86) percentage units higher than in the contralateral breast...
- A keratitis rat model for evaluation of anti-Acanthamoeba polyphaga agentsCaroline Vasseneix
Laboratoire de Parasitologie, ADEN EA 3234, CHU Charles Nicolle, Rouen, France
Cornea 25:597-602. 2006..To develop a rat model of chronic Acanthamoeba polyphaga keratitis suitable for pharmacologic assessment of therapeutic agents...
- Usefulness of cutaneous T-cell clonality analysis for the diagnosis of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma in patients with erythrodermaNadege Cordel
Department of Dermatology, INSERM Unit, Charles Nicolle Hospital, Rouen, France
Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:372-6. 2005..Demonstration of a dominant T-cell clone in skin biopsy specimens by a molecular assay constitutes an additional diagnostic criterion to differentiate cutaneous T-cell lymphomas (CTCLs) from inflammatory dermatoses...
- Benzodiazepines and injurious falls in community dwelling eldersAntoine Pariente
Institut National de la Santé et la Recherche Médicale INSERM, U657, Bordeaux, France
Drugs Aging 25:61-70. 2008..Benzodiazepines are frequently used medications in the elderly, in whom they are associated with an increased risk of falling, with sometimes dire consequences...
- Factors associated with early-stage pulmonary fibrosis as determined by high-resolution computed tomography among persons occupationally exposed to asbestosChristophe Paris
Occupational Diseases Department, Nancy University Hospital, Nancy, France
Scand J Work Environ Health 30:206-14. 2004..The aim of this study was to determine criteria for independently associated features of pulmonary fibrosis in high-resolution computed tomograms among persons occupationally exposed to asbestos...
- Response to: mortality rate of bullous pemphigoid in a US medical centerPascal Joly
J Invest Dermatol 124:664-5. 2005
- Stressful life events as a risk factor for inflammatory bowel disease onset: A population-based case-control studyEric Lerebours
Registre des Maladies Inflammatoires Chroniques de l Intestin EPIMAD, Service d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique, Hopital Calmette, CHU de Lille, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Am J Gastroenterol 102:122-31. 2007..The aim of this study was to assess whether stress, evaluated through life event (LE) occurrence, is associated with IBD onset...
- Re: Sex-related differences in bronchial epithelial changes associated with tobacco smokingChristophe Paris
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:242-3; author reply 243-4. 2003
- Projecting absolute invasive breast cancer risk in white women with a model that includes mammographic densityJinbo Chen
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:1215-26. 2006..In this study, we developed the corresponding model for absolute risk...
- Estimates of the cancer burden in Europe from radioactive fallout from the Chernobyl accidentElisabeth Cardis
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Int J Cancer 119:1224-35. 2006....