Affiliation: Rouen University Hospital
- Increased adipose tissue expression of hepcidin in severe obesity is independent from diabetes and NASHSoumeya Bekri
Laboratoire d Hépato Gastroentérologie, EA1186, Faculté Médecine de Nice, Nice, France
Gastroenterology 131:788-96. 2006..We have investigated the possible involvement of hepcidin in massive obesity, a state of chronic low-grade inflammation. Three groups of severely obese patients with or without diabetes or nonalcoholic steatohepatitis were investigated...
- [Biological diagnosis of lysosomal diseases]S Bekri
, CHU de Rouen,
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 64:592-600. 2006
- The role of ceramide trihexoside (globotriaosylceramide) in the diagnosis and follow-up of the efficacy of treatment of Fabry disease: a review of the literatureSoumeya Bekri
Department of Biochemistry, Hopital Charles Nicolle, 1 rue de Germont, 76031 Rouen Cedex, France
Cardiovasc Hematol Agents Med Chem 4:289-97. 2006..The use of CTH measurement in Fabry disease should be re-evaluated in light of recent published data...
- The inflammatory C-reactive protein is increased in both liver and adipose tissue in severely obese patients independently from metabolic syndrome, Type 2 diabetes, and NASHRodolphe Anty
INSERM U 568, Nice, France
Am J Gastroenterol 101:1824-33. 2006..In addition, the large amount of body fat may well produce an important part of the circulating CRP, further limiting its clinical usefulness in the evaluation of NASH in severely obese patients...
- Bariatric surgery can correct iron depletion in morbidly obese women: a link with chronic inflammationRodolphe Anty
INSERM, U568, Nice, 06107, France
Obes Surg 18:709-14. 2008..The aim of the present study was to investigate the relationship between iron status and markers of inflammation in morbidly obese women and the effect of bariatric surgery...
- Fabry disease in patients with end-stage renal failure: the potential benefits of screeningSoumeya Bekri
Department of Biochemistry, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, Nice, France
Nephron Clin Pract 101:c33-8. 2005....
- [Fabry disease: proposed guidelines from a French expert group for its diagnosis, treatment and follow-up]Olivier Lidove
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Bichat, Paris
Presse Med 36:1084-97. 2007..After a proband is identified, a genealogical tree should be used to identify other affected members of the family...
- [Fabry's disease in 2006: new treatment needs evaluation]Olivier Lidove
Presse Med 35:933-5. 2006
- [Fabry's disease: role of screening in populations at risk, in the image of chronic hemodialyzed patients]Soumeya Bekri
Service de Biochimie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, France
Rev Med Suisse Romande 124:677-8. 2004
- A promoter mutation in the erythroid-specific 5-aminolevulinate synthase (ALAS2) gene causes X-linked sideroblastic anemiaSoumeya Bekri
Department of Human Genetics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Blood 102:698-704. 2003..The dramatic decreases in reporter activity and mRNA level suggest that the region of the mutation may bind a novel and important erythroid regulatory element...