- Astroglial metabolic networks sustain hippocampal synaptic transmissionNathalie Rouach
Inserm U840, College de France, 11 place Marcelin Berthelot, 75005 Paris, France
Science 322:1551-5. 2008..These results indicate that astroglial gap junctions provide an activity-dependent intercellular pathway for the delivery of energetic metabolites from blood vessels to distal neurons...
- Astroglial networks scale synaptic activity and plasticityUlrike Pannasch
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité Mixte de Recherche 7241 Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U1050, College de France, 75005 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:8467-72. 2011..Altogether, these results establish connexins as critical proteins for extracellular homeostasis, important for the formation of functional synapses...
- Neurons set the tone of gap junctional communication in astrocytic networksNathalie Rouach
INSERM U114, , 11 place Marcelin Berthelot, 75005 Paris, France
Neurochem Int 45:265-72. 2004....
- S1P inhibits gap junctions in astrocytes: involvement of G and Rho GTPase/ROCKNathalie Rouach
INSERM U587, , 11, place Marcelin Berthelot, 75005 Paris, France
Eur J Neurosci 23:1453-64. 2006..This novel effect of S1P may have an important physiopathological significance when considering the proposed roles for astrocyte gap junctions on neuronal survival...
- Astroglial networks: a step further in neuroglial and gliovascular interactionsChristian Giaume
Inserm U840, College de France, 75005 Paris, France
Nat Rev Neurosci 11:87-99. 2010..This intercellular communication between glia has implications for neuroglial and gliovascular interactions and hence has added another level of complexity to our understanding of brain function...
- Zinc-induced inhibition of protein synthesis and reduction of connexin-43 expression and intercellular communication in mouse cortical astrocytesMehrdad Alirezaei
INSERM U11, College de France, 11, place Marcelin Berthelot, 75231 Paris Cedex 05, France
Eur J Neurosci 16:1037-44. 2002..The resulting decrease in the intercellular communication between astrocytes should alter the function of surrounding neurons as well as their survival...