- Astroglial gap junctions shape neuronal network activityUlrike Pannasch
Neuroglial Interactions in Cerebral Physiopathology Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Biology Collège de France CNRS UMR7241 INSERM U1050 Paris, France
Commun Integr Biol 5:248-54. 2012..Here we show that astroglial gap junctional communication also regulates neuronal network activity. We discuss these findings and their implications for brain information processing...
- Astroglial networking contributes to neurometabolic couplingCarole Escartin
CEA DSV I2BM MIRCen and CNRS URA2210, Fontenay aux Roses Paris, France
Front Neuroenergetics 5:4. 2013....
- Astroglial potassium clearance contributes to short-term plasticity of synaptically evoked currents at the tripartite synapseJérémie Sibille
N Rouach Neuroglial Interactions in Cerebral Physiopathology, College de France, CIRB, CNRS UMR 7241, INSERM U1050, 11, place Marcelin Berthelot, 75005 Paris, France
J Physiol 592:87-102. 2014..These results show that astrocytes integrate synaptic activity via multiple ionic channels and transporters and contribute to short-term plasticity in part via potassium clearance mediated by Kir4.1 channels...
- Astroglial metabolic networks sustain hippocampal synaptic transmissionNathalie Rouach
Inserm U840, College de France, 11 place Marcelin Berthelot, 75005 Paris, France
Science 322:1551-5. 2008..These results indicate that astroglial gap junctions provide an activity-dependent intercellular pathway for the delivery of energetic metabolites from blood vessels to distal neurons...
- Astroglial networks scale synaptic activity and plasticityUlrike Pannasch
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité Mixte de Recherche 7241 Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U1050, College de France, 75005 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:8467-72. 2011..Altogether, these results establish connexins as critical proteins for extracellular homeostasis, important for the formation of functional synapses...
- Neurons and brain macrophages regulate connexin expression in cultured astrocytesAnnette Koulakoff
INSERM U114, College de France, Paris, France
Cell Commun Adhes 10:407-11. 2003..Thus, in brain diseases and injuries, neuronal death associated with the BM activation may decrease GJC in astrocytes and therefore have a physiopathological relevance...
- Neurons set the tone of gap junctional communication in astrocytic networksNathalie Rouach
INSERM U114, College de France, 11 place Marcelin Berthelot, 75005 Paris, France
Neurochem Int 45:265-72. 2004....
- S1P inhibits gap junctions in astrocytes: involvement of G and Rho GTPase/ROCKNathalie Rouach
INSERM U587, College de France, 11, place Marcelin Berthelot, 75005 Paris, France
Eur J Neurosci 23:1453-64. 2006..This novel effect of S1P may have an important physiopathological significance when considering the proposed roles for astrocyte gap junctions on neuronal survival...
- Hydrogen peroxide increases gap junctional communication and induces astrocyte toxicity: regulation by brain macrophagesNathalie Rouach
INSERM U114, College de France, Paris, France
Glia 45:28-38. 2004..Finally, when astrocytes are cocultured with brain macrophages, the effects of H2O2 on both GJC and toxicity are not observed, revealing a new protective role of brain macrophages during oxidative stress...
- Astroglial networks: a step further in neuroglial and gliovascular interactionsChristian Giaume
Inserm U840, College de France, 75005 Paris, France
Nat Rev Neurosci 11:87-99. 2010..This intercellular communication between glia has implications for neuroglial and gliovascular interactions and hence has added another level of complexity to our understanding of brain function...
- Zinc-induced inhibition of protein synthesis and reduction of connexin-43 expression and intercellular communication in mouse cortical astrocytesMehrdad Alirezaei
INSERM U11, College de France, 11, place Marcelin Berthelot, 75231 Paris Cedex 05, France
Eur J Neurosci 16:1037-44. 2002..The resulting decrease in the intercellular communication between astrocytes should alter the function of surrounding neurons as well as their survival...
- Emerging role for astroglial networks in information processing: from synapse to behaviorUlrike Pannasch
Neuroglial Interactions in Cerebral Physiopathology, Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Biology, Centre Nationale de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS Unité Mixte de Recherche 7241, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM Unité 1050, College de France, 75005 Paris, France
Trends Neurosci 36:405-17. 2013..The present review critically discusses the impact of astroglial networks on normal and pathological neuronal information processing as well as the underlying mechanisms. ..