- Mitochondrial threshold effectsRodrigue Rossignol
INSERM EMI 9929, Physiologie Mitochondriale, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, F 33076 Bordeaux cedex, France
Biochem J 370:751-62. 2003..In this review these different mitochondrial threshold effects are discussed, along with their molecular bases and the roles that they play in the presentation of mitochondrial diseases...
- Energy substrate modulates mitochondrial structure and oxidative capacity in cancer cellsRodrigue Rossignol
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon, USA
Cancer Res 64:985-93. 2004..We compared our finding on HeLa cells with those for nontransformed fibroblasts to help distinguish the regulatory pathways...
- A replicating module as the unit of mitochondrial structure and functioningRoderick A Capaldi
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403 1229, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1555:192-5. 2002..This leads us to propose that a replicating module is the repeating unit of mitochondrial structure. Studies to examine heterogeneity of functioning within the organelle mass are briefly reviewed...
- Mobilization of adenine nucleotide translocators as molecular bases of the biochemical threshold effect observed in mitochondrial diseasesBenjamin Faustin
INSERM, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, F 33076 Bordeaux cedex, France
J Biol Chem 279:20411-21. 2004..We discuss how these transitions are sensitive to the steady state of oxidative phosphorylation functioning or tissue and analyze their consequences on the threshold effect...
- Ultrastructure of the mitochondrion and its bearing on function and bioenergeticsGiovanni Benard
INSERM U688, Bordeaux, France
Antioxid Redox Signal 10:1313-42. 2008..In this review, we delve into the link between mitochondrial structure and energy metabolism...
- Mitochondrial bioenergetics and structural network organizationGiovanni Benard
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, U688 Physiopathologie Mitochondriale, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, F 33076 Bordeaux cedex, France
J Cell Sci 120:838-48. 2007..Our data demonstrate that the relationship between mitochondrial network organization and bioenergetics is bidirectional, and we provide a model for analyzing the metabolic signals involved in this crosstalk...
- Influence of mitochondrial DNA level on cellular energy metabolism: implications for mitochondrial diseasesChristophe Rocher
U688 INSERM Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076, Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Bioenerg Biomembr 40:59-67. 2008..Our results show that oxidative phosphorylation activities are under a tight control by the amount of mtDNA in the cell, and that the full complement of mtDNA molecules are necessary to maintain a normal energy production level...
- Mitochondrial fluidity matters. Focus on "Inherited complex I deficiency is associated with faster protein diffusion in the matrix of moving mitochondria"Giovanni Benard
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 294:C1123. 2008
- Bronchial smooth muscle remodeling involves calcium-dependent enhanced mitochondrial biogenesis in asthmaThomas Trian
Universite Bordeaux 2, Laboratoire de Physiologie Cellulaire Respiratoire, F 33076 Bordeaux, France
J Exp Med 204:3173-81. 2007..Thus, BSM in asthmatic patients is characterized by an altered calcium homeostasis that increases mitochondrial biogenesis, which, in turn, enhances cell proliferation, leading to airway remodeling...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha, a key factor in the keratinocyte response to UVB exposureHamid Reza Rezvani
Inserm U876, University Bordeaux, and Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, France
J Biol Chem 282:16413-22. 2007..We conclude that the broad impact of the HIF-1 transcription factor on gene expression could make it a key regulator of UV-responsive genes and photocarcinogenesis...
- Apoptotic-like mitochondrial events associated to phosphatidylserine exposure in blood platelets induced by local anaestheticsOlivier Augereau
Physiologie Mitochondriale, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Thromb Haemost 92:104-13. 2004..Therefore, we propose that mitochondria engagement in an apoptotic pathway in platelets could lead to PS exposure without the participation of Ca(2+)...
- New evidence of a mitochondrial genetic background paradox: impact of the J haplogroup on the A3243G mutationDenis Pierron
1Université Bordeaux 1, Laboratoire d Anthropologie des Populations du Passé, UMR 5199 PACEA, 33400 Talence, France
BMC Med Genet 9:41. 2008....