- Mitochondrial threshold effectsRodrigue Rossignol
INSERM EMI 9929, Physiologie Mitochondriale, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, F 33076 Bordeaux cedex, France
Biochem J 370:751-62. 2003..In this review these different mitochondrial threshold effects are discussed, along with their molecular bases and the roles that they play in the presentation of mitochondrial diseases...
- Energy substrate modulates mitochondrial structure and oxidative capacity in cancer cellsRodrigue Rossignol
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon, USA
Cancer Res 64:985-93. 2004..We compared our finding on HeLa cells with those for nontransformed fibroblasts to help distinguish the regulatory pathways...
- A replicating module as the unit of mitochondrial structure and functioningRoderick A Capaldi
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403 1229, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1555:192-5. 2002..This leads us to propose that a replicating module is the repeating unit of mitochondrial structure. Studies to examine heterogeneity of functioning within the organelle mass are briefly reviewed...
- Mobilization of adenine nucleotide translocators as molecular bases of the biochemical threshold effect observed in mitochondrial diseasesBenjamin Faustin
INSERM, , , F-33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 279:20411-21. 2004..We discuss how these transitions are sensitive to the steady state of oxidative phosphorylation functioning or tissue and analyze their consequences on the threshold effect...
- Ultrastructure of the mitochondrion and its bearing on function and bioenergeticsGiovanni Benard
INSERM U688, Bordeaux, France
Antioxid Redox Signal 10:1313-42. 2008..In this review, we delve into the link between mitochondrial structure and energy metabolism...
- Mitochondrial bioenergetics and structural network organizationGiovanni Benard
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, U688 Physiopathologie Mitochondriale, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, F 33076 Bordeaux cedex, France
J Cell Sci 120:838-48. 2007..Our data demonstrate that the relationship between mitochondrial network organization and bioenergetics is bidirectional, and we provide a model for analyzing the metabolic signals involved in this crosstalk...
- Influence of mitochondrial DNA level on cellular energy metabolism: implications for mitochondrial diseasesChristophe Rocher
U688 INSERM Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076, Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Bioenerg Biomembr 40:59-67. 2008..Our results show that oxidative phosphorylation activities are under a tight control by the amount of mtDNA in the cell, and that the full complement of mtDNA molecules are necessary to maintain a normal energy production level...
- Mitochondrial fluidity matters. Focus on "Inherited complex I deficiency is associated with faster protein diffusion in the matrix of moving mitochondria"Giovanni Benard
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 294:C1123. 2008
- Bronchial smooth muscle remodeling involves calcium-dependent enhanced mitochondrial biogenesis in asthmaThomas Trian
Universite Bordeaux 2, Laboratoire de Physiologie Cellulaire Respiratoire, F 33076 Bordeaux, France
J Exp Med 204:3173-81. 2007..Thus, BSM in asthmatic patients is characterized by an altered calcium homeostasis that increases mitochondrial biogenesis, which, in turn, enhances cell proliferation, leading to airway remodeling...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha, a key factor in the keratinocyte response to UVB exposureHamid Reza Rezvani
Inserm U876, University Bordeaux, and Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, France
J Biol Chem 282:16413-22. 2007..We conclude that the broad impact of the HIF-1 transcription factor on gene expression could make it a key regulator of UV-responsive genes and photocarcinogenesis...
- Apoptotic-like mitochondrial events associated to phosphatidylserine exposure in blood platelets induced by local anaestheticsOlivier Augereau
Physiologie Mitochondriale, , , 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Thromb Haemost 92:104-13. 2004..Therefore, we propose that mitochondria engagement in an apoptotic pathway in platelets could lead to PS exposure without the participation of Ca(2+)...
- New evidence of a mitochondrial genetic background paradox: impact of the J haplogroup on the A3243G mutationDenis Pierron
1Université Bordeaux 1, Laboratoire d Anthropologie des Populations du Passé, UMR 5199 PACEA, 33400 Talence, France
BMC Med Genet 9:41. 2008....