- Effect of early correction of anemia on the progression of CKDJerome Rossert
Paris Descartes University, INSERM U652, AP HP, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, France
Am J Kidney Dis 47:738-50. 2006..This study is designed to assess the effect of early and complete correction of anemia by using recombinant human erythropoietin (epoetin) alfa on the progression of chronic kidney disease (CKD)...
- Role of anemia in progression of chronic kidney diseaseJerome Rossert
Paris Descartes University School of Medicine, Paris, France
Semin Nephrol 26:283-9. 2006..However, only a large, randomized, prospective trial will be able to establish if anemia correction can slow the progression of CKD effectively...
- Erythropoietin-induced, antibody-mediated pure red cell aplasiaJerome Rossert
Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Eur J Clin Invest 35:95-9. 2005..Retrospective analysis of PRCA cases has shown that immunosuppressive therapy can induce a disappearance of anti-erythropoietin antibodies in most patients. Eur J Clin Invest 2005; 35 (Suppl. 3): 95-99...
- Antibody-mediated pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) treatment and re-treatment: multiple optionsJerome Rossert
Department of Nephrology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital AP HP, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:iv23-26. 2005..However, one should be extremely cautious when deciding to re-treat a patient with ESA, due to the small number of reported cases and the possibility of publication bias...
- Prevalence and predictors of epoetin hyporesponsiveness in chronic kidney disease patientsJerome Rossert
Paris Descartes University and AP HP Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:794-800. 2007..The required erythropoiesis-stimulating agent (ESA) dose varies when correcting anaemia in chronic kidney disease (CKD) patients. This analysis was performed to identify the prevalence of and factors associated with ESA hyporesponsiveness...
- [The diabetic patient: renal insufficiency like other kidney failures?]Jerome Rossert
Universite Paris Descartes, AP HP hôpital européen Georges Pompidou et INSERM unité 652, Paris, France
Nephrol Ther 2:S187-9. 2006..Finally, small studies suggest that patients with diabetic nephropathy could have lower serum concentrations of parathyroid hormone than patients with non-diabetic nephropathy and similar glomerular filtration rate...
- [Diagnosis and treatment of pure red-cell aplasia induced by erythropoiesis stimulating agents]Jerome Rossert
AP HP HEGP, Universite Paris Descartes, INSERM U652, Paris, France
Nephrol Ther 2:S283-6. 2006..Isolated case reports suggest that, at least in some patients, treatments with ESA can be resumed after recovery from antibody-mediated pure red-cell aplasia...
- Epoetin-induced autoimmune pure red cell aplasiaNicole Casadevall
Department of Hematology, Hotel Dieu and INSERM U362, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:S67-9. 2005..The incidence rate seems now to be back to the baseline level. The change in formulation of epoetin a sold outside the United States seems to be the cause of these antibodies...
- Recommendations on haematological criteria for the diagnosis of epoetin-induced pure red cell aplasiaNicole Casadevall
Service d Hematologie Biologique, Hopital Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
Eur J Haematol 73:389-96. 2004....
- Anemia management and the delay of chronic renal failure progressionJerome Rossert
University of Paris VI, Tenon Hospital AP HP and INSERM U489, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 14:S173-7. 2003..The results of two small prospective studies and of a retrospective one also suggest that treatment with epoetin may have such protective effects...
- [How to improve estimation of renal function in the elderly]Marc Froissart
Universite Paris Descartes, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, INSERM U652, 75908 Paris
Rev Prat 55:2223-9. 2005..GFR tends to decrease with age, but it should be 60 mL/min/1,73 m2 or higher in all subjects who do not suffer from kidney disease, regardless of age...
- Anti-erythropoietin antibodies and pure red cell aplasiaJerome Rossert
Department of Nephrology, Tenon hospital and Pierre and Marie Curie University, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:398-406. 2004
- Predictive performance of the modification of diet in renal disease and Cockcroft-Gault equations for estimating renal functionMarc Froissart
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:763-73. 2005..Finally, 29.2 and 32.4% of subjects were misclassified when the CG and MDRD formulas were used to categorize subjects according to the Kidney Disease Outcomes Quality Initiative chronic kidney disease classification, respectively...
- Pitfalls of measuring total blood calcium in patients with CKDCedric Gauci
Departement de Physiologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 40 rue Leblanc, F 75015 Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 19:1592-8. 2008..In conclusion, albumin-corrected tCa does not predict iCa better than noncorrected tCa. Moreover, both noncorrected and albumin-corrected tCa concentrations poorly predict hypo- or hypercalcemia in patients with CKD...
- In vivo inhibition of osteoblastic metalloproteinases leads to increased trabecular bone massValerie Geoffroy
INSERM U349, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
J Bone Miner Res 19:811-22. 2004..These mice displayed increased trabecular bone volume and decreased bone turnover. This model provides evidence of the role played by the MMPs in bone remodeling and balance...
- Transgenic mice expressing nitroreductase gene under the control of the podocin promoter: a new murine model of inductible glomerular injuryGuillaume Macary
INSERM UMRS 872, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Equipe 3, 75006, Paris, France
Virchows Arch 456:325-37. 2010..This model of podocyte injury in transgenic mice provides new insights into the cellular mechanisms of podocytopathies and their progression to scarring...
- Long-term evolution and determinants of renal function in HIV-infected patients who began receiving combination antiretroviral therapy in 1997-1999, ANRS CO8 APROCO-COPILOTECatherine Leport
Universite Paris Diderot, Paris 7, UFR Medecine, AP HP, site Bichat, France
Clin Infect Dis 49:1950-4. 2009..Kidney function should be monitored in patients previously exposed to indinavir...