- Engaging HIV-HCV co-infected patients in HCV treatment: the roles played by the prescribing physician and patients' beliefs (ANRS CO13 HEPAVIH cohort, France)Dominique Salmon-Ceron
Unité de maladies infectieuses, Pôle Médecine, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
BMC Health Serv Res 12:59. 2012..Treatment for the hepatitis C virus (HCV) may be delayed significantly in HIV/HCV co-infected patients. Our study aims at identifying the correlates of access to HCV treatment in this population...
- The French national prospective cohort of patients co-infected with HIV and HCV (ANRS CO13 HEPAVIH): early findings, 2006-2010Marc Arthur Loko
INSERM, U897 and ISPED, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
BMC Infect Dis 10:303. 2010..The ANRS CO 13 HEPAVIH cohort was set up to explore these critical questions.To describe the cohort aims and organization, monitoring and data collection procedures, baseline characteristics, as well as follow-up findings to date...
- [Liposomal amphotericin B as treatment for visceral leishmaniasis in Europe, 2009]E Rosenthal
Service de Medecine Interne, centre hospitalier universitaire de Nice et université de Nice Sophia Antipolis, France
Med Mal Infect 39:741-4. 2009..In Europe, liposomal amphotericin B has progressively become the reference treatment of VL in clinical practice, and it is recommended as the first line therapy...
- Liver-related deaths in HIV-infected patients between 1995 and 2005 in the French GERMIVIC Joint Study Group Network (Mortavic 2005 study in collaboration with the Mortalité 2005 survey, ANRS EN19)E Rosenthal
Department of Internal Medicine, Archet Hospital Centre, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France
HIV Med 10:282-9. 2009..More than 10 years after the introduction of combination antiretroviral therapy (cART), we examined the trend in the proportion of deaths caused by end-stage liver disease (ESLD) in HIV-infected adults in France between 1995 and 2005...
- [Orthopedic manifestations of the antiphospholipid syndrome]E Rosenthal
Service de médecine interne cancérologie, hôpital de l Archet 1, 151, Route de Saint Antoine de Ginestiere, 06200 Nice, France
Rev Med Interne 28:103-7. 2007..We briefly discuss postulated pathogenesis and possible implications of anticoagulation...
- [Visceral leishmaniases]Eric Rosenthal
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital de l Archet, CHU de Nice, 06202 Nice cedex
Rev Prat 54:2211-6. 2004..Elsewhere, pentavalent antimonials remain the cornerstone of treatment in non resistant areas, conventional amphotericin B or miltefosine being an alternative in areas of resistance to antimony...
- Recent understanding in the treatment of visceral leishmaniasisE Rosenthal
Service d Hematologie Clinique, Hopital L Archet, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, 06202 Nice Cedex 02, France
J Postgrad Med 49:61-8. 2003..Here, we recommend different treatment schedules according to the resistance pattern and the region-specific socio-economical and cultural factors...
- HIV and Leishmania coinfection: a review of 91 cases with focus on atypical locations of LeishmaniaE Rosenthal
Department of Internal Medicine Hematology, Nice University Hospital, Nice, France
Clin Infect Dis 31:1093-5. 2000..In such patients, the involvement of atypical locations may lead to the discovery of VL...
- Extrahepatic manifestations associated with hepatitis C virus infection. A prospective multicenter study of 321 patients. The GERMIVIC. Groupe d'Etude et de Recherche en Medecine Interne et Maladies Infectieuses sur le Virus de l'Hepatite CP Cacoub
Department of Internal Medicine, hôpital La Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
Medicine (Baltimore) 79:47-56. 2000..Cryoglobulin positivity is associated with systemic vasculitis and rheumatoid factor and HIV positivity. HIV coinfection is associated with arthralgia or myalgia, anticardiolipin antibodies, and thrombocytopenia...
- [Disseminated Penicillium marneffei infection suggesting visceral leishmaniasis in an HIV infected patient]E Rosenthal
Service d Hematologie Clinique, Hopital Archet 2, Nice
Presse Med 29:363-4. 2000..Penicilliosis is a fungal infection caused by Penicillium marneffei. In Southeast Asia, this infection is common in HIV-infected patients but few cases have been reported in Europe...
- Clinical manifestations of visceral leishmaniasis associated with HIV infection: a retrospective study of 91 French casesE Rosenthal
Department of Internal Medicine Haematology, Sophia Antipolis University, Nice, France
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 94:37-42. 2000..Overall, VL diagnosis was fortuitous in 27% of the subjects. Even in endemic areas, therefore, VL is not considered routinely by physicians attempting diagnoses...
- Liver-related mortality in human-immunodeficiency-virus-infected patients between 1995 and 2003 in the French GERMIVIC Joint Study Group Network (MORTAVIC 2003 Study)E Rosenthal
Department of Internal Medicine, hôpital de l Archet 1, Nice, France
J Viral Hepat 14:183-8. 2007..4%) than in 2001 (26.3%). Seven years after the introduction of HAART, ESLD associated with HCV infections is a leading cause of mortality in HIV-infected patients, which did not increase between the years 2001 and 2003...
- [HIV and hepatitis C virus coinfection]P Cacoub
Service de Medecine Interne, AP HP, hôpital La Pitié Salpêtrière, 83, Bd de l Hopital, 7 5651 Paris cedex 13, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 32:S82-9. 2008..Effective management strategies that encompass patient and viral factors are necessary to improve the long-term outlook for coinfected patients...
- A century of leishmaniasis in Alpes-Maritimes, FranceP Marty
Equipe de Recherche sur les Leishmanioses, Faculte de Medecine, 28, Avenue de Valombrose, 06107 Nice Cedex 2, France
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 101:563-74. 2007..Recently, it has been demonstrated that, in Alpes-Maritimes, approximately 20% of those found seropositive in leishmanin skin tests are asymptomatic carriers, with amastigotes in their peripheral blood...
- [Leishmaniases in France: an update]P Marty
Service de Parasitologie Mycologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire L Archet, BP 3079, 062002 Nice cedex 3
Arch Pediatr 16:S96-100. 2009..Serological tests are useful, but the diagnosis is made by the identification of the parasite in a bone marrow sample. Today, the treatment is done by the liposomal amphotericin B (AmBisome) and the total dose must to be 20 mg/kg...
- Treatment of visceral leishmaniasis: a review of current treatment practicesPierre Marty
Groupe de Recherche en Immunopathologie de la Leishmaniose, Faculte de Medecine, Université de Nice Sophia Antipolis et Service de Parasitologie Mycologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, Hopital de l Archet, Nice, France
Expert Opin Pharmacother 3:1101-8. 2002..The prohibitive cost of new therapies leads to different treatment practices according to the socioeconomic and cultural status of each region...
- Baseline CD4 cell count and outcome of pegylated interferon plus ribavirin therapy in HIV/hepatitis C virus-coinfected patientsLaure Valerio
Departement de sante publique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, Nice, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:50-5. 2008..Our objective was to determine if a baseline CD4 count >/=350 cells/mm predicts a sustained HCV response to pegylated interferon plus ribavirin...
- Noninvasive procedures to evaluate liver involvement in HIV-1 vertically infected childrenAmandine Rubio
Service de Physiologie et Explorations Fonctionnelles Pédiatriques, Pôle Enfants Adolescents, CHU de Nice et Université de Nice Sophia Antipolis, UFR de Medecine, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 49:599-606. 2009....
- Convenience of serum for visceral leishmaniasis diagnosis by PCRCristel Fissore
Equipe de Recherche sur les Leishmanioses, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France
J Clin Microbiol 42:5332-3. 2004..In the case of primary diagnosis of MVL, the serum PCR showed a sensitivity of 97% and a specificity of 95%, with positive and negative predictive values of 94 and 97%, respectively...
- Prevalence, characteristics and prognostic significance of anemia in daily practiceB Terrier
Department of Internal Medicine, APHP Groupe Hospitalier Pitié Salpé trière, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris 6, Paris, France
QJM 105:345-54. 2012..The prevalence of anemia has been studied in well-defined populations, but no large study is available for less restricted populations with various disorders...
- Mortality due to hepatitis C-related liver disease in HIV-infected patients in France (Mortavic 2001 study)Eric Rosenthal
Service d Hematologie Clinique, Hopital Archet, Nice, France
AIDS 17:1803-9. 2003....
- Influence of HLA-DR phenotype on the risk of hepatitis C virus-associated mixed cryoglobulinemiaP Cacoub
Department of Internal Medicine, , Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 44:2118-24. 2001..In contrast, HLA-DR7 appears to protect against the production of type II MC. These results suggest that the host's immune response genes may play a role in the pathogenesis of HCV-associated MC...
- Phase IV study of liposomal daunorubicin (DaunoXome) in AIDS-related Kaposi sarcomaEric Rosenthal
Service d Hématologie Clinique and G E R C B T, hôpital Archet 1, 151 route de Saint Antoine de Ginistière, 06200 Nice, France
Am J Clin Oncol 25:57-9. 2002..Our study confirms that daunorubicin is effective in patients with advanced KS. Daunorubicin is well tolerated over the long term in association with HAART...
- Treatment of hepatitis C virus in human immunodeficiency virus infected patients in "real life": modifications in two large surveys between 2004 and 2006Patrice Cacoub
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, CNRS, UMR 7087, Paris, France
J Hepatol 48:35-42. 2008..To analyze the barriers to HCV treatment in HIV-HCV co-infected patients and their evolution between 2004 and 2006...
- Liposomal amphotericin B for the treatment of visceral leishmaniasisCaryn Bern
Division of Parasitic Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin Infect Dis 43:917-24. 2006..The public health community should work to broaden access to preferential liposomal amphotericin B pricing by public sector VL treatment programs...
- Spontaneous hepatic decompensation in patients coinfected with HIV and hepatitis C virus during interferon-ribavirin combination treatmentFirouzé Bani-Sadr
INSERM U707, Faculte de Medecine Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 41:1806-9. 2005..02), and elevated total bilirubin level (OR, 7.9; 95% CI, 1.08-93.3; P<.03). Didanosine should thus not be given to patients with cirrhosis, particularly when treatments for HCV and HIV infections have to be administered concomitantly...
- Risk factors for symptomatic mitochondrial toxicity in HIV/hepatitis C virus-coinfected patients during interferon plus ribavirin-based therapyFirouzé Bani-Sadr
Groupe Hospitalier Universitaire Est, Universite Paris 6, INSERM U444, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 40:47-52. 2005..To evaluate the incidence, clinical features, and risk factors for symptomatic mitochondrial toxicity in HIV/hepatitis C virus (HCV)-coinfected patients receiving anti-HCV therapy...
- Risk factors for bacterial infections in HIV/hepatitis C virus-coinfected patients treated with interferon plus ribavirinFirouzé Bani-Sadr
AIDS 22:1385-7. 2008
- Visceral leishmaniasis in organ transplant recipients: 11 new cases and a review of the literatureDidier Basset
Laboratoire de Parasitologie Mycologie and Centre National de Référence des Leishmania, CHU de Montpellier, 163, Rue Auguste Broussonet, 34090 Montpellier, France
Microbes Infect 7:1370-5. 2005..Treatment using either antimonials or amphotericine B gave similar cure rates of around 80% of the cases. But toxicity was higher for antimonials. Relapses occurred in 14.3%...
- Pegylated interferon alfa-2b vs standard interferon alfa-2b, plus ribavirin, for chronic hepatitis C in HIV-infected patients: a randomized controlled trialFabrice Carrat
Groupe Hospitalier Universitaire Est, Universite Paris 6, INSERM U444, Paris, France
JAMA 292:2839-48. 2004..Most data on the virologic efficacy and safety of the combination of peginterferon alfa-2b and ribavirin in coinfected patients come from uncontrolled studies...
- Risk factors for grade 3 or 4 gamma-glutamyl transferase elevation in HIV/hepatitis C virus-coinfected patientsFirouzé Bani-Sadr
AIDS 22:1234-6. 2008
- [Management of HCV-HIV patients]Stanislas Pol
Unité d Hépatologie, Hopital Cochin, 27 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:4S7-12. 2007..The harmful impact of HIV underlines the need for improving:..
- Patients know it: Hughes syndrome is uniqueEric Rosenthal
J Rheumatol 33:1919-20. 2006
- Differential impact of combination antiretroviral therapy in preventing Kaposi's sarcoma with and without visceral involvementSophie Grabar
Service de Biostatistique et Informatique Médicale, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 24:3408-14. 2006..To study the impact of different potent combined antiretroviral treatment (cART) on the incidence of HIV-associated Kaposi's sarcoma (KS) with and without visceral involvement...
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging after stage I Norwood operation for hypoplastic left heart syndromeVivek Muthurangu
Cardiac MR Research Group, Division of Imaging Sciences, King s College London, United Kingdom
Circulation 112:3256-63. 2005..In this study, we describe the results of 37 patients who underwent cardiovascular magnetic resonance (MR) assessment before BCPC...
- Cytology of peritoneal leishmaniasis in a patient with AIDSOlivier Oregioni
Acta Cytol 47:98-9. 2003