- Maximum penalized likelihood estimation in a gamma-frailty modelVirginie Rondeau
Equipe Mixte INSERM E0338 Biostatistique, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Lifetime Data Anal 9:139-53. 2003..A prospective cohort (Paquid) with grouped survival data serves to illustrate the method which was used to analyze the relationship between environmental factors and the risk of dementia...
- Nested frailty models using maximum penalized likelihood estimationV Rondeau
INSERM EMI 0338 Biostatistic, Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Stat Med 25:4036-52. 2006..We show that even when the frailty effects are fairly small in magnitude, they are important since they alter the results in a systematic pattern...
- Joint frailty models for recurring events and death using maximum penalized likelihood estimation: application on cancer eventsVirginie Rondeau
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U875 Biostatistique, Bordeaux, F 33076, France Bordeaux, F 33076, France
Biostatistics 8:708-21. 2007..As an illustration, such an approach is applied to a prospective cohort with recurrent events of follicular lymphomas, jointly modeled with death...
- Separate and combined analysis of successive dependent outcomes after breast-conservation surgery: recurrence, metastases, second cancer and deathVirginie Rondeau
INSERM, U897 Biostatistique, ISPED, Bordeaux, F 33076, France
BMC Cancer 10:697. 2010....
- Cure frailty models for survival data: application to recurrences for breast cancer and to hospital readmissions for colorectal cancerVirginie Rondeau
INSERM, CR897 Biostatistic, Bordeaux, France
Stat Methods Med Res 22:243-60. 2013..As opposed to the simple frailty model, the proposed methods demonstrate great potential in modelling multivariate survival data with long-term survivors ('cured' individuals)...
- Investigating trial and treatment heterogeneity in an individual patient data meta-analysis of survival data by means of the penalized maximum likelihood approachV Rondeau
INSERM U875 Biostatistics, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, Bordeaux, France
Stat Med 27:1894-910. 2008..The simulation study and the application demonstrate that the proposed approach yields satisfactory results and they illustrate the need to use a flexible variance-covariance structure for the random effects...
- frailtypack: a computer program for the analysis of correlated failure time data using penalized likelihood estimationVirginie Rondeau
INSERM EMI 0338 Biostatistic, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 80:154-64. 2005..e., the rehospitalizations of patients diagnosed with colorectal cancer. We show how to fit the model with recurrent events and time-dependent covariates using Andersen-Gill approach...
- Aluminum and silica in drinking water and the risk of Alzheimer's disease or cognitive decline: findings from 15-year follow-up of the PAQUID cohortVirginie Rondeau
Division of Biostatistics, Unité 897, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Bordeaux F 33076, France
Am J Epidemiol 169:489-96. 2009..89, P=0.036). However, geographic exposure to aluminum or silica from tap water was not associated with dementia. High consumption of aluminum from drinking water may be a risk factor for Alzheimer's disease...
- A review of epidemiologic studies on aluminum and silica in relation to Alzheimer's disease and associated disordersVirginie Rondeau
INSERM U330, Bordeaux
Rev Environ Health 17:107-21. 2002..We conclude that not enough epidemiological evidence supports a link between aluminum in drinking water and AD. The role of silica in drinking water has been less studied, and clear results have not yet emerged...
- Analysis of the effect of aluminum in drinking water and transferrin C2 allele on Alzheimer's diseaseV Rondeau
INSERM EMI 0338, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Eur J Neurol 13:1022-5. 2006..Logistic regression analysis showed that neither Tf C2 nor its interaction with Al or with the epsilon4 allele of the ApoE were significantly associated with the risk of AD...
- General joint frailty model for recurrent event data with a dependent terminal event: Application to follicular lymphoma dataYassin Mazroui
INSERM U897 Biostatistics Team, Bordeaux, F 33076, France
Stat Med 31:1162-76. 2012..We also propose parametrical approach. We evaluate the model by simulation studies and illustrate through a study of patients with follicular lymphoma...
- Levels and determinants of pesticide exposure in operators involved in treatment of vineyards: results of the PESTEXPO StudyIsabelle Baldi
University Bordeaux, ISPED, Laboratoire Santé Travail Environnement, Bordeaux, France
J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol 22:593-600. 2012..With additional information of frequency and duration of use, they will enable to develop exposure indices usable in epidemiological studies on farmers' health...
- Adherence to a Mediterranean diet, cognitive decline, and risk of dementiaCatherine Feart
Research Center INSERM U897, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
JAMA 302:638-48. 2009..Higher adherence to a Mediterranean-type diet is linked to lower risk for mortality and chronic diseases, but its association with cognitive decline is unclear...
- Survival analysis to estimate association between short-term mortality and air pollutionJohanna Lepeule
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale National Institute of Health and Medical Research, E0338 Biostatistic, Bordeaux, France
Environ Health Perspect 114:242-7. 2006..These associations can also be investigated using case-crossover studies. However, by definition, individual risk factors are not studied, and such studies analyze only dead subjects, which limits the statistical power...
- Do subject characteristics modify the effects of particulate air pollution on daily mortality among the elderly?Laurent Filleul
Laboratoire Santé Travail Environnement, 33076 Bordeaux, France
J Occup Environ Med 46:1115-22. 2004..We studied individual characteristics that modify the relationship between particulate air pollution and mortality among elderly...
- Examining the influence of drop-outs in a follow-up of maintained opiate usersG Encrenaz
Laboratoire de Psychiatrie and Jeune Equipe 2358, Bordeaux, France
Drug Alcohol Depend 79:303-10. 2005..In most longitudinal studies of problem opiate users, drop-outs are frequent, but not taken into account. However, missing data can induce important bias in parameters estimates...
- Neurobehavioral effects of long-term exposure to pesticides: results from the 4-year follow-up of the PHYTONER studyIsabelle Baldi
Laboratoire Santé Travail Environnement, EA 3672, Institut de Santé Publique d Epidémiologie et de Développement, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Occup Environ Med 68:108-15. 2011..The aim of the PHYTONER study is to investigate the role of pesticides on neurobehavioral performances in French vineyard workers...
- Standardized martingale residuals applied to grouped left truncated observations of dementia casesD Commenges
INSERM U330, Bordeaux, France
Lifetime Data Anal 6:229-35. 2000..This method is applied to the study of dementia in a cohort of old people, and to the possible effect of the concentration of aluminum and silica in drinking water on the risk of developing dementia...
- Investigating hospital heterogeneity with a multi-state frailty model: application to nosocomial pneumonia disease in intensive care unitsBenoit Liquet
Univ Bordeaux, ISPED, Centre INSERM U 897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, Bordeaux, F 33000, France
BMC Med Res Methodol 12:79. 2012..Thus a flexible multi-state model with random effects is needed to obtain valid outcome estimates...
- Non-AIDS-defining deaths and immunodeficiency in the era of combination antiretroviral therapyBenoit Marin
INSERM, U897, Bordeaux, France
AIDS 23:1743-53. 2009..To assess whether immunodeficiency is associated with the most frequent non-AIDS-defining causes of death in the era of combination antiretroviral therapy (cART)...
- A three-level model for binary time-series data: the effects of air pollution on school absences in the Southern California Children's Health StudyVirginie Rondeau
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Equipe Mixte INSERM E03 38 Biostatistique, Université Bordeaux2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Stat Med 24:1103-15. 2005..We illustrate this proposed model via detailed analysis of the effect of air pollution on school absenteeism based on data from the Southern California Children's Health Study...
- Twenty five year mortality and air pollution: results from the French PAARC surveyL Filleul
Laboratoire Santé Travail Environnement, Bordeaux, France
Occup Environ Med 62:453-60. 2005..Indicators of air pollution were the mean concentration...
- Determinants of smoking cessation attempts among HIV-infected patients results from a hospital-based prospective cohortGaelle Encrenaz
INSERM, U897, CIC EC7, Bordeaux, F 33076 France
Curr HIV Res 8:212-7. 2010..Tobacco smoking is a major modifiable risk factor of these emergent conditions and almost half of these patients are regular smokers in resource-rich countries...
- Effects of particulate air pollution on systolic blood pressure: A population-based approachImed Harrabi
Laboratoire Santé Travail Environnement, Universite Bordeaux 2, France
Environ Res 101:89-93. 2006....
- Human health risk assessment for aluminium, aluminium oxide, and aluminium hydroxideDaniel Krewski
Department of Epidemiology and Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Toxicol Environ Health B Crit Rev 10:1-269. 2007