- The Three-Factor Eating Questionnaire-R18 is able to distinguish among different eating patterns in a general populationBlandine de Lauzon
INSERM U258, Villejuif, France
J Nutr 134:2372-80. 2004..quot; The TFEQ-R18 was therefore able to distinguish among different eating patterns in our sample of a French general population...
- Latent variables and structural equation models for longitudinal relationships: an illustration in nutritional epidemiologyMichel Chavance
Biostatistics, CESP Centre for research in Epidemiology and Population Health, U1018, Inserm F94807, Villejuif, France
BMC Med Res Methodol 10:37. 2010..The latter was illustrated by studying cross-sectional and longitudinal relationships between eating behavior and adiposity, using four different indicators of fat mass...
- Higher carbohydrate intake is associated with decreased incidence of newborn macrosomia in women with gestational diabetesM Romon
Service de Nutrition, Faculte de Medecine, Lille, France
J Am Diet Assoc 101:897-902. 2001..To study the influence of energy and macronutrient intake on infant birthweight in women with gestational diabetes mellitus undergoing intensive management...
- [Obesity prevention, how?]Monique Romon
Faculte de Medecine, Service de Nutrition, 59045 Lille Cedex, France
Presse Med 39:969-73. 2010..referent Obesity can become a model for a new approach to medicine, based on work in synergy with the social actors and social and health care...
- Downward trends in the prevalence of childhood overweight in the setting of 12-year school- and community-based programmesMonique Romon
Lille 2 University Hospital, Service de Nutrition, EA2694, Faculte de Medecine, Place de Verdun, F 59045 Lille Cedex, France
Public Health Nutr 12:1735-42. 2009..We took the opportunity to measure the outcomes in terms of childhood obesity and overweight over the next 12 years...
- Postprandial leptin response to carbohydrate and fat meals in obese womenMonique Romon
Service de Nutrition, Faculté de Médecine M R, Institut Pasteur Lille, Lille Cedex, France
J Am Coll Nutr 22:247-51. 2003..To assess the postprandial leptin responses to a carbohydrate and a fatty meal in obese subjects and its association with postprandial insulin response...
- Relationships between physical activity and plasma leptin levels in healthy children: the Fleurbaix-Laventie Ville Santé II StudyM Romon
Nutrition Department, University Hospital, 59405 Lille, France
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28:1227-32. 2004..To study the relationships between physical activity and plasma leptin levels in children from a population-based study, taking into account puberty stages...
- Influence of weight loss on plasma ghrelin responses to high-fat and high-carbohydrate test meals in obese womenMonique Romon
Nutrition Service, Faculte de Medecine, F 59045 Lille Cedex, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:1034-41. 2006..Diet-induced weight loss is associated with an increase in fasting ghrelin. The influence of weight loss on postprandial ghrelin response remains discussed, but the specific response to macronutrients is not known...
- Influence of social class on time trends in BMI distribution in 5-year-old French children from 1989 to 1999M Romon
Department of Nutrition, University Hospital of Lille, Lille, France
Int J Obes (Lond) 29:54-9. 2005..To assess the prevalence of obesity and changes in body mass index (BMI) distribution between 1989 and 1999 in 5-y-old children, and to study the influence of parental socioeconomic status on these parameters...
- The evolution of severe steatosis after bariatric surgery is related to insulin resistancePhilippe Mathurin
Service Maladie de l Appareil digestif, Hopital Huriez, CHRU Lille, Lille, France
Gastroenterology 130:1617-24. 2006..Our aim was to determine whether insulin resistance (IR) influences the histologic effects induced by bariatric surgery...
- Influence of maternal educational level on the association between the rs3809508 neuromedin B gene polymorphism and the risk of obesity in the HELENA studyM Pigeyre
INSERM, U744, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Université Nord de France, UDSL, Lille, France
Int J Obes (Lond) 34:478-86. 2010..Neuromedin B (NMB) is a bombesin-like peptide, which inhibits food intake and modulates stress-related behaviour. An NMB gene polymorphism (P73T) has been earlier associated with obesity and abnormal eating behaviour in adults...
- [Dietary intake assessments: for who? why?]M Romon
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 63:S25-9. 2002..Some results on food consumption in adults and children from the Fleurbaix Laventie Ville Santé Study are presented...
- Influence of social factors on weight-related behaviors according to gender in the French adult populationMarie Pigeyre
Nutrition Unit, EA2694, UDSL, University of Lille Nord de France, Lille University Medical Center, F 59000 Lille, France
Appetite 58:703-9. 2012..Our study concluded that gender differences in the relationship between BMI and SEP could be mainly due to the subjects' perception of weight appropriateness and their weight-related behaviors...
- Effect of weight loss on the postprandial response to high-fat and high-carbohydrate meals in obese womenJ Dallongeville
Service d Epidémiologie et Santé Publique, Institut Pasteur de Lille, INSERM, U744, Lille, Cedex, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 61:711-8. 2007..To assess the effect of weight loss on the plasma lipid and remnant-like lipoprotein cholesterol (RLPc) response to a high-fat or a high-carbohydrate meal in a population of obese women...
- Leptin response to carbohydrate or fat meal and association with subsequent satiety and energy intakeM Romon
Service de Nutrition, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, 59000 Lille, France
Am J Physiol 277:E855-61. 1999..In conclusion, a carbohydrate meal induces higher postprandial leptin levels than an isoenergetic fat meal. Short-term regulation of postprandial satiety and food intake is not influenced by circulating leptin...
- Intragastric balloon for preoperative weight reduction in candidates for laparoscopic gastric bypass with massive obesityHaitham Alfalah
Department of General and Endocrine Surgery, University Hospital, Lille, France
Obes Surg 16:147-50. 2006..CONCLUSION: In potential candidates for LRYGBP with super obesity, preoperative placement of an intragastric balloon can reduce the excess weight by 10% within 3 months. Extending this period failed to improve these results further...
- [Genetic obesities]M Pigeyre
Service de Nutrition, CHRU de Lille, Hopital Jeanne de Flandre, 59037 Lille, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 68:430-7. 2007..The identified role of the hypothalamic leptin-melanocortin pathway as major in monogenic forms of obesity, has led to the recognition of new genes controlling energy homeostasis and new pharmacological targets...
- Family dietary coaching to improve nutritional intakes and body weight control: a randomized controlled trialDamien L Paineau
Nutri Health, Immeuble AMPERE, 8 rue Eugène et Armand Peugeot, 92566 Rueil Malmaison Cedex, France
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 162:34-43. 2008..To test the hypothesis that family dietary coaching would improve nutritional intakes and weight control in free-living (noninstitutionalized) children and parents...
- Is restrained eating a risk factor for weight gain in a general population?Blandine de Lauzon-Guillain
INSERM U258, IFR69, Villejuif, France
Am J Clin Nutr 83:132-8. 2006..In modern societies characterized by abundant and accessible foods, restrained eating may become an adaptive behavior to limit weight gain...
- The plasma and lipoprotein triglyceride postprandial response to a carbohydrate tolerance test differs in lean and massively obese normolipidemic womenJean Dallongeville
INSERM U 508, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
J Nutr 132:2161-6. 2002..The carbohydrate load did not affect apoB-100 and apoB-48 levels. These findings suggest that postprandial triglyceride metabolism is impaired after a carbohydrate load in normolipidemic massively obese women...
- Postnatal weight and height growth velocities at different ages between birth and 5 y and body composition in adolescent boys and girlsJérémie Botton
INSERM, Unit 780, Villejuif, France
Am J Clin Nutr 87:1760-8. 2008..Rapid weight gain in the first years of life is associated with adult obesity. Whether there are critical windows for this long-term effect is unclear...