- [Bronchodilators in COPD: latest recommendations, recent data and perspectives]Nicolas Roche
Service de Pneumologie, hôpital de l Hôtel dieu, 1, place du Parvis de Notre Dame 75004 Paris
Presse Med 33:111-8. 2004..THE BENEFITS OF CORTICOSTEROIDS: Finally, in symptomatic patients with FEV1<50% predicted and repeated exacerbations despite bronchodilators, inhaled corticosteroids can be added...
- [Epidemiology of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease]Nicolas Roche
Service de Pneumologie, L Hôtel Dieu, 75004 Paris
Rev Prat 54:1408-13. 2004..Other genetic factors, prematurity, bronchial hyper-responsiveness and respiratory infections may also be involved...
- Predictors of an appropriate admission to an ICU after a major pulmonary resectionPaola Pieretti
Department of Anaesthesiology, Maggiore-Bellaria Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Respiration 73:157-65. 2006..CONCLUSION: This empirical protocol was useful in identifying patients not likely to need admission to the ICU. ASA score, predictive postoperative DL(CO), and PPP are independent predictors of a need for admission to an ICU...
- Multidimensional analyses to assess the relations between treatment choices by physicians and patients' characteristics: the example of COPDNicolas Roche
Respiratory and Intensive Care Medicine, Hotel Dieu Hospital, AP HP, University Paris Descartes, Paris, France
BMC Pulm Med 12:39. 2012....
- [Prevention of COPD exacerbation: a fundamental challenge]N Roche
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, pôle Arcole, Hotel Dieu, 1, Place du Parvis Notre Dame, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris Descartes, 75181 Paris Cedex 04, France
Rev Mal Respir 29:756-74. 2012..Their prevention represents individual and collective challenge. The present article is based on the work of a group of experts who met on 5th and 6th May 2011 and seeks to highlight the importance of AECOPD...
- Interactions between HIV infection and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: Clinical and epidemiological aspectsChristine Raynaud
Service de Pneumologie, Centre Hospitalier Victor Dupouy, 69 rue du L, C, Prud hon, 95100 Argenteuil, France
Respir Res 12:117. 2011..An association between HIV infection and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) has been observed in several studies...
- [Difficulties in the assessment of dyspnea and respiratory function in general practice]Nicolas Roche
Pneumologie et Réanimation, Hotel Dieu, Universite Paris Descartes, F 75181 Paris 04, France
Presse Med 38:1041-8. 2009..Dyspnea is one of the principal signs of chronic respiratory diseases...
- Predictors of outcomes in COPD exacerbation cases presenting to the emergency departmentN Roche
Respiratory and Intensive Care Medicine, Hotel Dieu, Paris, Descartes University, France
Eur Respir J 32:953-61. 2008..Their use needs to be prospectively validated...
- Impact of chronic airflow obstruction in a working populationN Roche
Rene Descartes University of Paris, Respiratory and Intensive Care Medicine, Hotel Dieu Hospital, France
Eur Respir J 31:1227-33. 2008..In conclusion, even mild-to-moderate airflow obstruction is associated with an impaired health status, which represents an additional argument in favour of early detection in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease...
- [Characteristics of obstructive respiratory diseases (asthma and COPD) in the elderly]N Roche
, , Paris, France
Rev Mal Respir 24:803-5. 2007
- [Quality of care in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease]N Roche
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, hôpital de l Hôtel dieu, Paris, France
Rev Mal Respir 23:6S44-6S56. 2006..Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) has been a public health priority for many years and many recommendations have been published on its detection and management...
- [Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease]Nicolas Roche
, , 75004 Paris
Rev Prat 55:1569-74. 2005
- [Dry powder inhalers in extreme clinical situations]N Roche
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, hôpital de l Hôtel dieu, Universite Paris 5, France
Rev Mal Respir 22:605-13. 2005....
- [Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease]N Roche
, , , Paris
Rev Mal Respir 23:2S39-48. 2006
- [Improving the control of asthma]Nicolas Roche
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, Universite Paris Descartes, hôpital de l Hôtel dieu, F 75004 Paris, France
Presse Med 38:1495-505. 2009..Similarly, in seeking the minimal efficacious treatment, treatment must not be stepped down too rapidly. Once control is obtained, continuation of the treatment maintains long-term control for most patients...
- [The gap between the high impact and low awareness of COPD in the population]N Roche
Universite Paris Descartes, AP HP Pneumologie et Réanimation, Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
Rev Mal Respir 26:521-9. 2009..Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is markedly under-diagnosed, which may relate to under-reporting of symptoms and poor awareness of the disease...
- [Management of COPD according to severity by respiratory specialists in France]N Roche
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, hôpital de l Hôtel dieu, 1 place du parvis de Notre Dame, 75004 Paris
Rev Mal Respir 26:933-41. 2009..The diagnosis and treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is suboptimal in many patients, which may impact on morbidity, mortality, use of healthcare resources and patients' overall quality of life...
- High prevalence of COPD symptoms in the general population contrasting with low awareness of the diseaseN Roche
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, Universite Paris Descartes, Hotel Dieu, 1, place du parvis de Notre Dame, 75004 Paris, France
Rev Mal Respir 28:e58-65. 2011..Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is underdiagnosed because of limited disease awareness with trivialization of the symptoms in the general population...
- Beyond corticosteroids: future prospects in the management of inflammation in COPDN Roche
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, Hotel Dieu, 1 Place du Parvis Notre Dame, Paris Cedex 4, France
Eur Respir Rev 20:175-82. 2011..Among new anti-inflammatory agents, phosphodiesterase-4 inhibitors have been the first to emerge...
- [Treatment of COPD]Nicolas Roche
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, Hotel Dieu, AP HP, Universite Paris Descartes, 75004 Paris
Rev Prat 61:775-80. 2011..Ongoing research aims at identifying new therapeutic targets, focusing on inflammation, remodeling, protease-antiprotease balance, oxidative stress, lung regeneration/repair and mucus production...
- [COPD and inflammation: Statement from a French expert group. How to treat inflammation?]N Roche
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, Hotel Dieu, Universite Paris Descartes, AP HP, 1, place du parvis de Notre Dame, 75181 Paris Cedex 04, France
Rev Mal Respir 28:427-42. 2011..Many therapeutic needs, however, remain to be met...
- Yield of sputum microbiological examination in patients hospitalized for exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with purulent sputumN Roche
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, hôpital de l Hôtel dieu, Universite Paris 5, Paris, France
Respiration 74:19-25. 2007..Whether sputum microbiological examination should be performed systematically in hospitalized patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) exacerbations remains unclear...
- Acute respiratory illness as a trigger for detecting chronic bronchitis in adults at risk of COPD: a primary care surveyNicolas Roche
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, Hopital Hotel Dieu, Universite Paris Descartes, AP HP, Paris, France
Prim Care Respir J 19:371-7. 2010....
- FEV1/FVC and FEV1 for the assessment of chronic airflow obstruction in prevalence studies: do prediction equations need revision?Nicolas Roche
université Paris René Descartes, Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, Hopital Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
Respir Med 102:1568-74. 2008..Prevalence and severity of chronic airflow obstruction are influenced not only by the definition used but also by equations used to calculate predicted FEV(1)/FVC and FEV(1) values. These equations likely need to be periodically revised...
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbations in emergency departments: predictors of outcomeNicolas Roche
Respiratory and Intensive Care Medicine, Hotel Dieu, Paris Descartes University, Paris, France
Curr Opin Pulm Med 16:112-7. 2010..Risk stratification of patients presenting to the emergency department for an exacerbation of COPD is of utmost importance to help in deciding patients' orientation and treatment and in improving outcomes...
- Update on the roles of distal airways in COPDP R Burgel
Service de Pneumologie, Hopital Cochin, 27 rue du Faubourg St Jacques, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Eur Respir Rev 20:7-22. 2011..g. dyspnoea and reduced health-related quality of life) and with the natural history of the disease, as reflected by lung function decline and mortality. These data provide a clear rationale for targeting distal airways in COPD...
- [Management of acute exacerbations of COPD]A Rabbat
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, Hopital Hotel Dieu, 1, Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75181 Paris Cedex 04, France
Rev Mal Respir 27:939-53. 2010..Future exacerbations should be avoided by respiratory specialist management of the patients, including education, optimization of long-term medical treatment, vaccinations, nutritional support, and pulmonary rehabilitation...
- Is BAL useful in patients with acute myeloid leukemia admitted in ICU for severe respiratory complications?A Rabbat
Department of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Hotel Dieu Hospital, AP HP, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Leukemia 22:1361-7. 2008..039). This study underlines the rather low diagnostic yield of BAL for infectious diagnosis and the low rate of therapeutic changes induced by its results in AML patients with ARF admitted in ICU...
- Clinical COPD phenotypes: a novel approach using principal component and cluster analysesP R Burgel
Service de Pneumologie, Hopital Cochin, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 27 rue du Faubourg St Jacques, 75679 Paris Cedex 14, France
Eur Respir J 36:531-9. 2010..These analyses underscore the need for novel multidimensional COPD classification for improving patient care and quality of clinical trials...
- Chronic bronchitis among French adults: high prevalence and underdiagnosisG J Huchon
University de Paris Pierre et Marie Curie, Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, Hĵtel Dieu de Paris, France
Eur Respir J 20:806-12. 2002..Comorbidities and tobacco smoking increase the frequency of chronic bronchitis symptoms. Chronic bronchitis is too infrequently diagnosed, investigated and cared for...
- [The "COPD emergency 2003" study: a description of the hospital management of exacerbations of COPD]N Roche
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, Hotel Dieu, Universite Paris V, France
Rev Mal Respir 21:117-22. 2004..In the future this study should help target the approaches aimed at improving the outcomes of patients suffering from COPD...
- [The place of routine immediate non-invasive ventilation following pulmonary resection in preventing pulmonary complications in patients with COPD (POPVNI Trial)]C Lorut
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, Hopital Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
Rev Mal Respir 22:127-34. 2005..The aim of our study therefore is to evaluate the effectiveness of NIV in the prevention of pulmonary complications in the immediate post-operative care of patients with moderate and severe COPD...
- [Inhalation devices: characteristics, modeling, regulation and use in routine practice. GAT Aerosolstorming, Paris 2011]A Ferre
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, Universite Paris Descartes, Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
Rev Mal Respir 29:191-204. 2012..Many generally-accepted ideas concerning these treatments turn out to be false. Inhaled treatments are constantly evolving, both pharmacologically and technologically...
- Epidemiology and treatment costs of bone metastases from lung cancer: a French prospective, observational, multicenter study (GFPC 0601)Chantal Decroisette
CHU de Limoges CH d Annecy, Paris, France
J Thorac Oncol 6:576-82. 2011..The aim of this prospective, observational, multicenter study was to examine the epidemiology and management costs of bone metastatic disease (BMD) in patients with lung cancer...
- Incidence and prognostic value of respiratory events in acute leukemiaD Chaoui
Department of Hematology, , Paris, France
Leukemia 18:670-5. 2004..0001), REs (P=0.02) and a > or =2 performance status (P=0.03). In conclusion, REs are frequent during induction chemotherapy of acute leukemia and represent an independent prognostic factor of poor outcome, regardless of their cause...
- Update on the roles of distal airways in asthmaP R Burgel
Hopital Cochin, AP HP, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Eur Respir Rev 18:80-95. 2009..However, available studies have not yet demonstrated that extra-fine inhaled medications offer increased benefit compared with usual aerosols in asthmatic patients...
- Guidelines versus clinical practice in the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseN Roche
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, , , Paris, France
Eur Respir J 18:903-8. 2001....
- [Bronchial carcinoma and actinomycosis: a dangerous trap]F Charif
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
Rev Mal Respir 26:1003-6. 2009..His general condition did not permit anti-tumour treatment and the patient soon afterwards. In the presence of pulmonary actinomycosis an associated malignancy should be excluded...
- [The therapeutic index in asthma: how should it be defined?]N Roche
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
Rev Mal Respir 21:511-20. 2004..The therapeutic index (efficacy/tolerance or benefit/risk ratio) is a major determinant of treatment decisions in asthma...
- [Arterial and venous thrombosis in lung cancer]M Dres
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, Hotel Dieu, Paris France
Rev Mal Respir 26:783-7. 2009..This observation allows discussion of the pathophysiological and clinical aspects of this association, as well as the implications for patient care...
- [COPD and inflammation: statement from a French expert group: inflammation and remodelling mechanisms]M Aubier
INSERM U 700, Service de Pneumologie A, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Groupement Hospitalier Universitaire Nord, Faculté de Médecine de Paris Diderot, 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris 7, France
Rev Mal Respir 27:1254-66. 2010..The molecular and cellular targets of inflammation and remodelling are numerous and complex. Currently, tools exist to limit inflammation in COPD but not to act on structural remodelling...
- Comparison of the repercussions of cLBP in four French-speaking countriesF Genet
Service de Medecine Physique et de Readaptation, hôpital maritime de Berck, groupe hospitalier Raymond Poincaré, 104, Boulevard Raymond Poincare, 92380 Garches, France
Ann Phys Rehabil Med 52:717-28. 2009..The goal of this study was to compare pain and disability levels, and psychobehavioural parameters in four French-speaking countries in patients with cLBP...
- [Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in the elderly]E Orvoen-Frija
Service de Physiologie, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, CHU, 47 83, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75181 Paris cedex 3, France
Rev Mal Respir 27:855-73. 2010..Global COPD management in elderly requires coordination, best reached in health care network organizations involving medical and/or social professionals...
- [Radiculopathy following intrathecal baclofen pump implantation]N Roche
Service de médecine physique et réadaptation, Hopital Raymond Poincare, APHP, Faculte de Medecine Paris Ile de France Ouest, Universite de Versailles Saint Quentin, 104, boulevard R Poincaré, 92380 Garches, France
Ann Readapt Med Phys 49:248-51. 2006..After a successful intrathecal baclofen trial, a programmable drug delivery system was implanted. Few early complications such as infection or hematoma are observed after this surgery...
- [The relationship between inflammation and symptoms in asthma]D Montani
Universite Paris Sud 11, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Clamart, France
Rev Mal Respir 25:933-51. 2008..A French expert group has undertaken a study of the association between inflammation and asthma symptoms by carrying out a critical review of the international literature...
- Impact of precision grip tasks on cervical spinal network excitability in humansN Roche
ER 6 UPMC Physiologie et physiopathologie de la motricité chez l Homme Médecine Physique et Réadaptation, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, 75013 Paris, France
J Physiol 589:3545-58. 2011..These findings also suggest that early motor adaptation is associated with a modulation of presynaptic Ia inhibition in the upper limb...
- Intrathecal baclofen for treatment of spasticity of multiple sclerosis patientsD Ben Smail
Service de médecine physique et réadaptation, Hôpital R Poincaré, 104 Bd R Poincaré, 92380 Garches, France
Mult Scler 12:101-3. 2006..Despite an advanced stage of the disease at the time of pump placement, the complication rate was low and the efficacy of this treatment was maintained over time...
- Change of impairment, disability and patient satisfaction after total knee arthroplasty in secondary care practiceF Genet
Service de Medecine Physique et de Readaptation, Hopital Raymond Poincare, 104, Boulevard Raymond Poincare, 92380 Garches, France
Ann Readapt Med Phys 51:671-6, 676-82. 2008..To assess the evolution of impairment and disability after total knee arthroplasty (TKA) for osteoarthritis and to seek an association with patient satisfaction with surgery...
- [Multimuscle treatment of spasticity in adults patients with botulinum toxin]D Bensmail
Service de médecine physique et réadaptation, Hôpital R Poincaré, AP HP, Universite de Versailles Saint Quentin, 104 Bd R Poincaré, 92380 Garches, France
Ann Readapt Med Phys 50:S4-6. 2007..They may encourage physicians to perform such multifocal injections with high doses of BT. A better understanding of distant spread of BT is also warranted...
- Lower limb coordination in hemiparetic subjects: impact of botulinum toxin injections into rectus femorisEmilie Hutin
Biomécanique and Système Nerveux, LBM, ParisTech, Creteil, France
Neurorehabil Neural Repair 24:442-9. 2010..The impact of this treatment on lower limb coordination is unknown. The authors evaluated whether BTX injection into RF is associated with modifications of intersegmental coordination in hemiparesis...
- Atmospheric pressure influences the risk of pneumothorax: beware of the storm!Marco Alifano
Thoracic Surgery Unit, Hôtel Dieu Univeristy Hospital, Paris, France
Chest 131:1877-82. 2007..Initiating mechanisms may relate to increased transpulmonary pressure. The possible impact of changes in atmospheric pressure (Patm) on the occurrence of ISP remains uncertain...
- Cough and sputum production are associated with frequent exacerbations and hospitalizations in COPD subjectsPierre Regis Burgel
Service de Pneumologie, Hopital Cochin, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 27 rue du Faubourg St Jacques, Paris Cedex 14, France
Chest 135:975-82. 2009..Our objective was to identify features associated with chronic cough and sputum production in COPD subjects...
- Undesirable distant effects following botulinum toxin type a injectionNicolas Roche
Service de Physiologie d Explorations Fonctionnelles, Faculty of Medicine Paris Ile de France Ouest, University of Versailles Saint Quentin, Garches, France
Clin Neuropharmacol 31:272-80. 2008..To study the incidence of clinical signs linked to botulinum toxin type A (BoNTA) spread from the injection site...
- Lower limb coordination patterns in hemiparetic gait: factors of knee flexion impairmentEmilie Hutin
Laboratoire d analyse du Mouvement, CIC IT 805, AP HP, CHU Raymond Poincaré, Garches, France
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 26:304-11. 2011..This study aimed to distinguish the 2 mechanisms in evaluating thigh-shank coordination, which may show instability across the gait cycle in the case of bursting rectus femoris overactivity...
- Chemotherapy regimens for non-small cell lung cancerM Loi
Department of Medical Oncology, Hotel Dieu University Hospital, Paris, France
Minerva Chir 64:629-41. 2009..Further research on toxicity and costs are also needed. The possibility of choosing the most appropriate cancer treatment on an individual basis represents the main challenge for the future...
- [Pharmacological treatment of stable chronic obstructive pulmonary disease]Yves Marie Allain
Service de Pneumologie, hôpital de l Hôtel dieu, Paris, France
Presse Med 38:432-44. 2009..Medications must be associated with non-pharmacological measures (including help towards smoking cessation, education, exercise training...). Systemic manifestations of COPD must also be taken into account...
- [Atmospheric air pollution: a risk factor for COPD?]Y M Allain
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, Hotel Dieu, Universite Paris Descartes, 1, place du parvis de Notre Dame, 75004 Paris, France
Rev Mal Respir 27:349-63. 2010..thereby limiting the spread of COPD...
- [Monitoring adult and adolescent asthmatics: the ANAES and AFSSAPS guidelines, September 2004]N Roche
, , Paris
Rev Mal Respir 22:4S32-6. 2005
- Prospective testing of two models based on clinical and oximetric variables for prediction of obstructive sleep apneaNicolas Roche
Service de Pneumologie et Réanimation Drs Roche and Huchon, hôpital de l Hôtel dieu, Paris, France
Chest 121:747-52. 2002..To test the validity of two models for prediction of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS) before polysomnography...
- Prognosis of patients with acute myeloid leukaemia admitted to intensive careAntoine Rabbat
Department of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Hopital Hotel Dieu, 75004 Paris, France
Br J Haematol 129:350-7. 2005..In conclusion, ICU admission is justified for selected patients with AML. The ICU mortality rate is highly predictable by the acute illness severity score. A 1-year survival is predicted by haematological prognostic factors...
- [Control of asthma by treatment with inhaled corticosteroids and prolonged action beta 2-agonists in free or fixed combination. Results of the ALISE study]Philippe Serrier
, , Paris
Presse Med 32:493-7. 2003..This highlights the interest of free combinations as first-line therapy for patient with mild to moderate asthma...
- Noninvasive ventilation for acute respiratory failure after lung resection: an observational studyAurélie Lefebvre
Department of Respiratory and Intensive Care Medicine, Hotel Dieu Hospital, AP HP, Universite Paris 5, René Descartes, Paris, France
Intensive Care Med 35:663-70. 2009....
- Should we change antibiotic prophylaxis for lung surgery? Postoperative pneumonia is the critical issueOlivier Schussler
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Hotel Dieu Hospital, APHP, Paris V University, Paris, France
Ann Thorac Surg 86:1727-33. 2008..We investigated risk factors and characteristics of POPs occurring when antibiotic prophylaxis by second-generation cephalosporin or an alternative prophylaxis targeting organisms responsible for bronchial colonization was used...
- [Mucoregulators in acute bronchitis syndromes: focus on use by general practitioners and data from the literature]Nicolas Roche
Service de Pneumologie, , Paris, France
Therapie 58:519-24. 2003..Their use avoids the frequent and unjustified prescription of antibiotics in situations where they are not recommended but where the patients request drug therapy...
- Protease-activated receptor 2 in regulation of bronchomotor tone: effect of tobacco smokingPaul Andre Risse
Laboratoire de Biologie et Pharmacologie Respiratoire, UFR Biomédicale des Saint Pères, Universite de Versailles, Paris, France
Life Sci 75:991-1002. 2004..The role of airway protease-activated receptor 2 may be to maintain smooth muscle tone homeostasis...
- [Mode of action of bronchodilators in COPD. Aims of their use and criteria of assessment]Nicolas Roche
Service de Pneumologie, Hôpital de l Hôtel Dieu 1, place du Parvis de Notre Dame 75004 Paris
Presse Med 33:104-10. 2004..Besides decreasing dyspnea, they reduce the number of exacerbations and improve quality of life...
- [Improving diagnosis of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in the general population]Nicolas Roche
Presse Med 34:1612-4. 2005
- Nociceptin inhibits vanilloid TRPV-1-mediated neurosensitization induced by fenoterol in human isolated bronchiChristophe Faisy
Unité de Recherche de l Enseignement Supérieur, Equipe d Accueil 220, Faculte de Medecine Paris Ile de France Ouest, Unité de Formation et de Recherche Biomédicale des Saint Pères, 45 rue des Saint Peres, 75006, Paris, France
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 370:167-75. 2004..Nociceptin inhibits airway hyperresponsiveness via NOP receptor activation. This effect involves inward-rectifier K(+) channels...
- Effect of acute and chronic inflammatory stimuli on expression of protease-activated receptors 1 and 2 in alveolar macrophagesNicolas Roche
Department of Thoracic Medicine, Imperial College School of Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, Dovehouse Street, London SW3 6LY, UK
J Allergy Clin Immunol 111:367-73. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: There is a dissociation between gene and protein expression of PAR-1 and PAR-2. PAR-1 protein overexpression in AMs from smokers might be important in the pathophysiology of chronic airways disease...
- Clinical practice guidelines: medical follow-up of patients with asthma--adults and adolescentsNicolas Roche
ANAES (French National Agency for Accreditation and Evaluation in Health) 2, avenue du Stade de France, 93218 Saint Denis La Plaine Cedex, France
Respir Med 99:793-815. 2005..The follow-up of patients with asthma should focus on asthma control (disease course over a number of weeks)...
- Clinical pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of desloratadine, fexofenadine and levocetirizine : a comparative reviewPhilippe Devillier
Laboratory of Pharmacology, UPRES EA 220, Universite de Versailles Saint Quentin, Hopital Foch, Suresnes, France
Clin Pharmacokinet 47:217-30. 2008....
- The effect of an information leaflet upon knowledge and awareness of COPD in potential sufferers. A randomized controlled studyPhilippe C Carré
Service de Pneumologie, Hôpital Antoine Gayraud, Carcassonne, France
Respiration 76:53-60. 2008..We hypothesized that written information on COPD may help increase awareness of the disease in people at risk of developing it...
- [A disease accessible to treatment]Nicolas Roche
Presse Med 33:103. 2004