- Differential requirements for survival and proliferation of CD8 naïve or memory T cellsC Tanchot
INSERM U345, Institut Necker, 156 rue Vaugirard, 75015 Paris, France
Science 276:2057-62. 1997..Thus, maintenance of CD8 T cell memory still required TCR-MHC class I interactions, but memory T cells may have a lower functional activation threshold that facilitates secondary responses...
- CD8 T cell memoryB Rocha
INSERMU591, CHU Necker, 156 rue de Vaugirard, 75730 Paris Cedex 15, France
Semin Immunol 16:305-14. 2004..It also attempts to point to the areas where experimental evidence is contradictory or insufficient, and thus require further exploration and clarification...
- The Tower of Babel of CD8+ T-cell memory: known facts, deserted roads, muddy waters, and possible dead endsBenedita Rocha
INSERM U591, Institut Necker, Faculty of Medecine René Descartes Paris V, Paris, France
Immunol Rev 211:182-96. 2006..Our major challenge is to unravel this complexity, but we must overcome our handicapped experimental tests and our imperfect a priori definitions...
- A thymic pathway of mouse natural killer cell development characterized by expression of GATA-3 and CD127Christian A J Vosshenrich
Unité des Cytokines et Développement Lymphoide, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U668, Institut Pasteur, Paris F 75724, France
Nat Immunol 7:1217-24. 2006..We propose that bone marrow and thymic NK cell pathways generate distinct mouse NK cells with properties similar to those of the two human CD56 NK cell subsets...
- The extrathymic T-cell differentiation in the murine gutBenedita Rocha
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, U591, Faculté de Médecine René Descarte Paris V, Institut Necker, Paris, France
Immunol Rev 215:166-77. 2007..Indeed, CD3(-)CD4(-)CD8(-) T-cell-committed precursors can leave the thymus before T-cell receptor rearrangements and then colonize the gut CPs, proceeding with their differentiation within the gut wall...
- A role for CD40 expression on CD8+ T cells in the generation of CD8+ T cell memoryChristine Bourgeois
INSERM U345, Institut Necker, 156 rue de Vaugirard, F 75730 Paris Cedex 15, France
Science 297:2060-3. 2002..These results suggest that, like B cells, CD8+ T cells receive CD4 help directly through CD40 and that this interaction is fundamental for CD8+ T cell memory generation...
- Characterization of T cell differentiation in the murine gutFlorence Lambolez
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U345, Institut Necker, rue de Vaugirard, 75730 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Exp Med 195:437-49. 2002..Finally, only 3% of CP cells were clearly involved in T cell differentiation, suggesting that these structures may have additional physiological roles in the gut...
- The role of the gut as a primary lymphoid organ: CD8αα intraepithelial T lymphocytes in euthymic mice derive from very immature CD44+ thymocyte precursorsL Peaudecerf
INSERM, U1020, Medical Faculty Descartes Paris V, Paris, France
Mucosal Immunol 4:93-101. 2011..These results demonstrate a major role of the gut environment as a primary lymphoid organ...
- CD8 single-cell gene coexpression reveals three different effector types present at distinct phases of the immune responseAntonio Peixoto
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U591, 2U570, Universite Paris Descartes, Medical Faculty René Descartes, Paris, France
J Exp Med 204:1193-205. 2007..Thus, primary responses produced two transient effector types. However, after boosting, CD8 T cells differentiate into long-lived killer cells that persist in vivo in the absence of antigen...
- Peripheral T cell survivalA A Freitas
Laboratoire des Dynamiques Lymphocytaires, CNRS 1961, Institut Pasteur, 28 rue du Dr Roux, 75015, Paris, France
Curr Opin Immunol 11:152-6. 1999..Naive T cells require interactions with the MHC restricting element. The survival requirements of memory T cells are as yet insufficiently characterized, but MHC-restricted interactions are not necessary...
- Cartography of gene expression in CD8 single cells: novel CCR7- subsets suggest differentiation independent of CD45RA expressionMarta Monteiro
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM Unit 591, Necker Institute, René Descartes Medical School, Paris, France
Blood 109:2863-70. 2007..The results also indicate that activated cells might modulate the expression of CD45RA/R0 asynchronously rather than CCR7-CD45RA+ cells always issuing from CD45RA- precursors...
- Extrathymic hemopoietic progenitors committed to T cell differentiation in the adult mouseMarie Laure Arcangeli
Institut National de la Sant é et de la Recherche Médicale Unit é 591, Institut Necker, faculté de médecine René Descartes Paris V, Paris, France
J Immunol 174:1980-8. 2005..Consequently, our studies identify a source of extrathymic progenitors that will be helpful in defining the role of the thymus in the earliest steps of T cell differentiation...
- A unique subpopulation of CD4+ regulatory T cells controls wasting disease, IL-10 secretion and T cell homeostasisAlice Banz
INSERM U 591, Institut Necker, Paris, France
Eur J Immunol 33:2419-28. 2003..These results demonstrate that regulatory T cells can be divided into discrete subpopulations with defined functional properties and regulatory mechanisms...
- High expression of active CDK6 in the cytoplasm of CD8 memory cells favors rapid divisionHenrique Veiga-Fernandes
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U591, Institut Necker, 156 rue de Vaugirard, 75015 Paris, France
Nat Immunol 5:31-7. 2004..Therefore G0/G1 memory cells are at a unique preactivated state that favors rapid division after antigen stimulation...
- Towards a cellular definition of CD8+ T-cell memory: the role of CD4+ T-cell help in CD8+ T-cell responsesBenedita Rocha
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U591, Centre Hôspitalo Universitaire Necker, 156 rue de Vaugirard, 75730, Paris Cedex 15, France
Curr Opin Immunol 16:259-63. 2004..Both processes depend on the help of CD4(+) T cells, they are irreversible, they have the same mechanism, and they occur progressively during the late expansion phase of the primary immune response...
- Tissue distribution of Mtv-7-like exogenous retroviral transcripts and clonal deletion of V beta 6+ T cells in Mls-1b BALB/c miceC Desaymard
INSERM U 345, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Int Immunol 5:217-22. 1993..Mice with normal V beta 6 expression in lymph nodes may show partial deletion of V beta 6+CD4+ IEL.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Response of naïve and memory CD8+ T cells to antigen stimulation in vivoH Veiga-Fernandes
INSERM U 345, Institut Necker, Paris, France
Nat Immunol 1:47-53. 2000..These special properties of memory T cells ensure the immediate control of reinfection...
- Population biology of lymphocytes: the flight for survivalA A Freitas
Lymphocyte Population Biology Unit, URA CNRS 1961, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Annu Rev Immunol 18:83-111. 2000..We discuss how niche differentiation allows the co-existence of different cell types and guarantees both repertoire diversity and efficient immune responses...
- CD8 lethargy in the absence of CD4 helpChristine Bourgeois
INSERM U345, Institut Necker, Paris, France
Eur J Immunol 32:2199-207. 2002..Depending on the priming conditions, other intermediate stages of differentiation may occur...
- Comment on "Thymic origin of intestinal alphabeta T cells revealed by fate mapping of RORgammat+ cells"Benedita Rocha
INSERMU 591, Institut Necker, Université René Decartes, Paris V 158, rue de Vaugirard, 75015 Paris, France
Science 308:1553; author reply 1553. 2005
- Major T cell progenitor activity in bone marrow-derived spleen coloniesChristophe Lancrin
INSERM U345, Institut Necker CNRS UMR 8603, Hôpital Necker IFR 94 Institut Fédératif de Recherche Necker Enfants Malades, 75730 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Exp Med 195:919-29. 2002..Furthermore, only the CD44(-) Thy1(+) subset have initiated rearrangements in the T cell receptor beta locus. Thus, this study identifies extramedullary T cell progenitors and will allow easy approach to T cell commitment studies...
- The thymus exports long-lived fully committed T cell precursors that can colonize primary lymphoid organsFlorence Lambolez
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U591, Necker Institute, Medical Faculty René Descartes, Paris, France
Nat Immunol 7:76-82. 2006..These data demonstrate a new function for the thymus in peripheral seeding with T cell precursors that become long lived after thymus export...
- A human postnatal lymphoid progenitor capable of circulating and seeding the thymusEmmanuelle M Six
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, U768, 75015 Paris, France
J Exp Med 204:3085-93. 2007..Moreover, they belong to the most immature thymocyte population. Collectively, these findings unravel the existence of a postnatal lymphoid-polarized population that is capable of migrating from the BM to the thymus...
- Epitope specificity and relative clonal abundance do not affect CD8 differentiation patterns during lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus infectionIvana Munitic
INSERM, U591, Faculté de Médecine Descartes Paris 5, Paris, France
J Virol 83:11795-807. 2009....
- Proximal changes in signal transduction that modify CD8+ T cell responsiveness in vivoSeverine Guillaume
INSERM U591, Institut Necker, Paris, France
Eur J Immunol 33:2551-6. 2003....
- Quantification of multiple gene expression in individual cellsAntonio Peixoto
INSERM U591, Institut Necker, Paris, 75015 France
Genome Res 14:1938-47. 2004..By comparison, we also show that conventional quantitative assays determining population averages supply insufficient information, and may even be highly misleading...
- Homeostasis of T cell numbers: from thymus production to peripheral compartmentalization and the indexation of regulatory T cellsAfonso R M Almeida
Lymphocyte Population Biology Unit, URA CNRS 1961, Institut Pasteur, 28 rue du Dr Roux, 75015 Paris, France
Semin Immunol 17:239-49. 2005..It ensures continuous regulation of T cell numbers throughout immune responses, allowing for increases in cell numbers as long as the proportion of CD4+ CD25+ regulatory T cells is kept...
- CD8 and B cell memory: same strategy, same signalsCorinne Tanchot
Nat Immunol 4:431-2. 2003
- Extracellular isoforms of CD6 generated by alternative splicing regulate targeting of CD6 to the immunological synapseMónica A A Castro
Group of Cell Activation and Gene Expression, Instituto de Biologia Molecular e Celular, Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal
J Immunol 178:4351-61. 2007..This elegant mechanism controlling the expression of the CD166 binding domain may help regulate signaling delivered by CD6, through different types of extracellular engagement...
- Role of TCR-restricting MHC density and thymic environment on selection and survival of cells expressing low-affinity T cell receptorsMarianne M Martinic
Institute of Experimental Immunology, Department of Pathology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Immunol 34:1041-9. 2004....