- The apathy inventory: assessment of apathy and awareness in Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and mild cognitive impairment
P H Robert
Centre Mémoire, Unité d Evaluation des Cognitions, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, France
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 17:1099-105. 2002
..This study was designed to establish the validity and reliability of the apathy inventory (IA), a rating scale for global assessment of apathy and separate assessment of emotional blunting, lack of initiative, and lack of interest...
- Clinical management of agitation in the elderly with tiapride
P H Robert
Memory Centre, Psychiatric Clinic, CHU, Hopital Pasteur, 30 Avenue de la Voie Romaine, 06002 Nice cedex 1, France
Eur Psychiatry 16:42s-47s. 2001
..The tiapride safety profile was found to be better than haloperidol for clinical acceptability, particularly for significantly fewer extrapyramidal symptoms in the tiapride group...
- Lack of initiative and interest in Alzheimer's disease: a single photon emission computed tomography study
P H Robert
Centre Mémoire de Ressources and de Recherche, CHU Université de Nice Sophia Antipolis, France
Eur J Neurol 13:729-35. 2006
..These results derive from rather small subgroups of patients but have the interest to dismantle the complementary aspects of emotion and motivation in apathy and suggest that the latter one is more related to cingulate area...
- Perfusion brain SPECT and statistical parametric mapping analysis indicate that apathy is a cingulate syndrome: a study in Alzheimer's disease and nondemented patients
, , France
Neuroimage 13:896-902. 2001
..35, P < 0.0009). These results point to a close relationship between apathy and the anterior cingulate region...
- One-year longitudinal evaluation of neuropsychiatric symptoms in Alzheimer's disease. The REAL.FR Study
Centre Méemoire de Ressources et de Recherche, CHU Nice, France
J Nutr Health Aging 9:95-9. 2005
..When compared to non institutionalized patients, the institutionalized group was characterized at base line by a lower MMSE score, a higher Zarit caregiver burden score, and a higher NPI agitation and disinhibition scores...
- Brain perfusion correlates of the apathy inventory dimensions of Alzheimer's disease
Centre Mémoire de Ressources and de Recherche CHU Université de Nice Sophia Antipolis, France
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 19:864-9. 2004
..Apathy is defined as a lack of motivation in behavior, cognition and affect. This syndrome is frequent in various neuropsychiatric diseases but little is known about its pathophysiology...
- [Behavioral and psychologic symptoms in Alzheimer's disease: results of the REAL.FR study]
Centre mémoire de ressources et de recherches du CHU de Nice, Hopital Pasteur, 30, avenue de la Voie Romaine, 06002 Nice, France
Rev Med Interne 24:319s-324s. 2003
..Apathy was the most common abnormality, followed by anxiety and dysphoria. These results in a French cohort of patients with AD underline the importance of the evaluation and finally of the treatment of BPSD...
- Nutritional status assessment during Alzheimer's disease: results after one year (the REAL French Study Group)
Centre Memoire de Ressources et de Recherche, CHU Nice, France
J Nutr Health Aging 9:81-4. 2005
..FR cohort (for Réseau sur la Maladie d'Alzheimer Français), depending on their nutritional state, and to consider their evolution one year after the original inclusion...
- [Nutritional status and Alzheimer's disease: preliminary results of the REAL.FR study]
Centre mémoire du CHU de Nice, France
Rev Med Interne 24:314s-318s. 2003
..001). These first results in a French cohort of patients with AD underline the importance of the evaluation of nutritional status and finally the follow-up of eating behavior, cognitive status and the quality of life of the caregivers...
- Predictive factors of rate of loss of autonomy in Alzheimer's disease patients. A prospective study of the REAL.FR Cohort
Service de médecine gériatrique, Hopital Sainte Perine, AP HP, Paris, France
J Nutr Health Aging 9:100-4. 2005
..Further prospective studies, using established models, are needed to isolate the factors associated with a high rate of loss of autonomy in activities of daily living in Alzheimer patients...
- Role of behavioural disturbance in the loss of autonomy for activities of daily living in Alzheimer patients
Service de gérontologie II, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Sainte Perine, Paris, France
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 18:977-82. 2003
..The purpose of this study is to investigate the relationship between behavioural disturbance and functional status after taking account of cognitive impairment...
- 99mTc-HMPAO and 99mTc-ECD brain uptake correlates of verbal memory in Alzheimer's disease
Clinical Neurophysiology, S Martino General Hospital, Genoa, Italy
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 51:357-63. 2007
..We investigated the differences between the 2 compounds in research work by assessing correlation between performance on a verbal memory task and cerebral perfusion in 2 matched groups of AD patients...