- [Incidence of constipation after recent vascular hemiplegia: a prospective cohort of 152 patients]G Robain
Service de Rééducation Hôpital Charles Foix Jean Rostand, 39, rue Jean Le Galleu, 94200 Ivry sur Seine
Rev Neurol (Paris) 158:589-92. 2002..The incidence of constipation was not related to age or sex but was strongly related to functional status of patients assessed by Barthel Index (p<0.003). The influence of both brain lesion or reduce activity is evaluated...
- Urethral pressure response to cough and voluntary perineal contraction in men without previous pelvic surgeryG Robain
Department of Rehabilitation, Jean Rostand Hospital, Ivry Seine, France
Neurourol Urodyn 18:99-111. 1999..001). It was dissociated from the response to voluntary contraction, as would be expected for a reflex versus a voluntary response in neurological patients...
- Bladder response to urethral flow in the awake eweG Robain
Department of Rehabilitation, Hopital Jean Rostand, Ivry Seine, France
Neurourol Urodyn 20:641-9. 2001..That this reflex is found in all studied species further supports the notion that the negative results in normal awake humans are owing to descending inhibitory controls rather than to the lack of appropriate pathways...
- [Treatments with alpha-stimulants in urology]E Chartier-Kastler
Service d Urologie, G H Pitié Salpêtrière, Universite Paris VI, France
Prog Urol 10:370-8. 2000..Their adverse effects remain the limiting factor for use on peripheral targets...
- [Lower urinary tract dysfunction and degenerative brain disease]G Robain
Service de Medecine Physique et de Readaptation, Jean Rostand, Paris VI, Ivry, France
Prog Urol 17:403-5. 2007..The diagnostic and therapeutic strategy must then be based on a stepwise approach, by eliminating all simple causes of lower urinary tract dysfunction and preferring the most conservative treatments possible...