- Impact of organised programs on colorectal cancer screeningFrancois Eisinger
Paoli Calmettes Institute INSERM UMR599 232 Bd, St Marguerite, 13009 Marseille, France
BMC Cancer 8:104. 2008..Colorectal cancer (CRC) screening has been shown to decrease CRC mortality. Organised mass screening programs are being implemented in France. Its perception in the general population and by general practitioners is not well known...
- Axitinib treatment in patients with cytokine-refractory metastatic renal-cell cancer: a phase II studyOlivier Rixe
Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, University of Paris, Paris, France
Lancet Oncol 8:975-84. 2007..We aimed to assess the activity and safety of axitinib in patients with metastatic renal-cell cancer who had failed on previous cytokine-based treatment...
- An unexpected inverse correlation between soluble epidermal growth factor receptor and interleukin-6 in metastatic malignant melanoma patientsRoger Mouawad
AP HP, Medical Oncology Department, Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Melanoma Res 16:335-40. 2006..These findings imply a better understanding of EGF-R and IL-6 cross-talk function in melanoma...
- Proteasome inhibition: a new approach for the treatment of malignanciesJean Philippe Spano
Departement d Oncologie Medicale, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Bull Cancer 92:E61-6, 945-52. 2005..This review provides a summary of the rationale for using proteasome inhibitors and an update on available and ongoing clinical studies involving human malignancies...
- Prevalence of Renal Insufficiency in cancer patients and implications for anticancer drug management: the renal insufficiency and anticancer medications (IRMA) studyVincent Launay-Vacher
Department of Nephrology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Cancer 110:1376-84. 2007..The results from this study of nearly 5,000 patients demonstrated the high prevalence of renal impairment in a population of patients with solid tumors...
- Efficacy of gemcitabine plus axitinib compared with gemcitabine alone in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer: an open-label randomised phase II studyJean Philippe Spano
Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Lancet 371:2101-8. 2008..The aim of this study was to assess the safety and efficacy of gemcitabine plus axitinib versus gemcitabine alone...
- Sunitinib malateHassane Izzedine
Department of Nephrology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital 83, Blvd de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 60:357-64. 2007..The present article reviews the recent pharmacologic and clinical data related to the use of this new promising drug in the field of oncology...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 as a target for anticancer drug developmentJean Baptiste Meric
Service d Oncologie Medicale, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 59:51-64. 2006..Hence, we can state that targeting the COX-2 pathway is a promising strategy in the prevention and treatment of solid tumors. Ongoing trials are expected to answer - at least partly - the remaining questions concerning COX-2 and cancer...
- Pretreatment serum interleukin-6 concentration as a prognostic factor of overall survival in metastatic malignant melanoma patients treated with biochemotherapy: a retrospective studyClaude Soubrane
Medical Oncology Department, Salpetriere Hospital, AP HP, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Melanoma Res 15:199-204. 2005..On the basis of this evidence, the pretreatment serum IL-6 level is a predictive factor of overall survival in MMM...
- Angiogenesis inhibitor therapies: focus on kidney toxicity and hypertensionHassane Izzedine
Department of Nephrology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Am J Kidney Dis 50:203-18. 2007..This article reviews data relating to hypertension and proteinuria associated with the use of these drugs...
- Is cell death a critical end point for anticancer therapies or is cytostasis sufficient?Olivier Rixe
Medical Oncology Department of the Salpêtrière Hospital, Pierre and Marie Curie University, Paris, France
Clin Cancer Res 13:7280-7. 2007..Finally, we will cite evidence that most older and newer compounds are both cytostatic and cytotoxic. The relative role of cytostasis and cytotoxicity on future drug screening and clinical development will be explored...
- A randomized, phase II, dose-finding study of the pan-ErbB receptor tyrosine-kinase inhibitor CI-1033 in patients with pretreated metastatic breast cancerOlivier Rixe
Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, APHP, Paris, France
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 64:1139-48. 2009..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of the pan-ErbB receptor tyrosine-kinase inhibitor CI-1033 in metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- Pharmacokinetic linearity of i.v. vinorelbine from an intra-patient dose escalation study designDavid Khayat
Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 54:193-205. 2004..A pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic relationship was evidenced on leucopenia and neutropenia when pooling the data from the two studies...
- Surgical margins in cutaneous melanoma (2 cm versus 5 cm for lesions measuring less than 2.1-mm thick)David Khayat
Service d Oncologie Medicale, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Cancer 97:1941-6. 2003..This study addressed the question of whether limited surgery for primary malignant melanoma with a 2-cm margin is as good as a 5-cm margin. An update of a 16-year follow-up is provided...
- Lung cancer in patients with HIV Infection and review of the literatureJean Philippe Spano
Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Department of Medical Oncology, bld de I Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Med Oncol 21:109-15. 2004..The improved survival of patients since the use of highly active antiretroviral treatments has lead to the reporting of non-AIDS defining tumors, such as lung cancer...
- Incidence of renal insufficiency in cancer patients and evaluation of information available on the use of anticancer drugs in renally impaired patientsVincent Launay-Vacher
Department of Nephrology, Pitié Salpetricre Hospital, Paris, France
Med Sci Monit 10:CR209-12. 2004..The high frequency of this disease in the general US population has been assessed in the NHANES III study. However, the frequency of chronic renal insufficiency among cancer patients remains unclear...
- Regression of brain metastases of renal cell carcinoma with antiangiogenic therapyFrederic Thibault
J Neurooncol 86:243-4. 2008
- Subcutaneous interleukin-2 and interferon alfa administration in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma: final results of SCAPP III, a large, multicenter, phase II, nonrandomized study with sequential analysis design--the Subcutaneous AdministratioJean Marc Tourani
Service d Oncologie Médicale and Unité de Biostatistique, Fédération de Cancérologie et d Hématologie, hôpital J Bernard, Poitiers, France
J Clin Oncol 21:3987-94. 2003....
- [Angiogenesis and renal cell carcinoma]Bertrand Billemont
Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Service d Oncologie Medicale, 47, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris
Bull Cancer 94:S232-40. 2007..The median of the time to progression (TTP) for sorafenib was 24 weeks versus 12 weeks for patients in the placebo arm (p = 0,01). Other molecules tested in metastatic RCC will be presented including axitinib, pazopanib and bevacizumab...
- Macrocytosis due to treatment with sunitinibBertrand Billemont
N Engl J Med 357:1351-2; author reply 1352. 2007
- Unexpected serious toxicity with chemotherapy and antiangiogenic combinations: time to take stock!Gavin M Marx
J Clin Oncol 20:1446-8. 2002
- Metastatic melanoma: chemotherapyEmilio Bajetta
Medical Oncology Unit B, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Semin Oncol 29:427-45. 2002..New chemotherapeutic and biologic agents are now available and promising combined approaches targeting the tumor by several different mechanisms are desirable and will probably represent the future modality of treatment...
- Biochemotherapy for advanced melanoma: maybe it is realDavid Khayat
J Clin Oncol 20:2411-4. 2002
- Scrotal cutaneous side effects of sunitinibBertrand Billemont
N Engl J Med 359:975-6; discussion 976. 2008
- Interstitial nephritis in a patient taking sorafenibHassane Izzedine
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:2411. 2007
- Sunitinib versus interferon alfa in metastatic renal-cell carcinomaRobert J Motzer
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
N Engl J Med 356:115-24. 2007..Since sunitinib malate has shown activity in two uncontrolled studies in patients with metastatic renal-cell carcinoma, a comparison of the drug with interferon alfa in a phase 3 trial is warranted...
- Thrombotic microangiopathy and anti-VEGF agentsHassane Izzedine
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:1481-2. 2007
- Serum interleukin-6 concentrations as predictive factor of time to progression in metastatic malignant melanoma patients treated by biochemotherapy: a retrospective studyRoger Mouawad
Medical Oncology Department, Salpetriere Hospital, AP HP Paris, France
Cytokines Cell Mol Ther 7:151-6. 2002..4 versus 5.5 months). Taken together, our results showed that serum IL-6 level could be considered a predictive marker of recurrent disease in metastatic malignant melanoma...
- Preoperative sequential chemotherapy in locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckSandrine Faivre
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Gustave Roussy Institute, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Head Neck 27:311-9. 2005..Induction chemotherapy may contribute to decreased local and distant recurrences in patients with locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN) resectable for cure...
- Gemcitabine-induced thrombotic microangiopathy: a systematic reviewHassane Izzedine
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:3038-45. 2006
- Irinotecan plus oxaliplatin and leucovorin-modulated fluorouracil in advanced pancreatic cancer--a Groupe Tumeurs Digestives of the Federation Nationale des Centres de Lutte Contre le Cancer studyThierry Conroy
Department of Medical Oncology, Centre Alexis Vautrin, 54511 Vandoeuvre les Nancy Cedex, France
J Clin Oncol 23:1228-36. 2005..To evaluate response rate and toxicity of irinotecan and oxaliplatin plus fluorouracil (FU) and leucovorin (Folfirinox) in advanced pancreatic adenocarcinoma (APA)...
- Tirapazamine with cisplatin and vinorelbine in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a phase I/II studyMichel Gatineau
Institut Gustave Roussy, Medical Department, Villejuif, France
Clin Lung Cancer 6:293-8. 2005..Response rate and median survival suggest that this combination might be more active than the cisplatin/vinorelbine combination. This triplet is currently being evaluated in a phase III study...
- Dosage adjustment and pharmacokinetic profile of irinotecan in cancer patients with hepatic dysfunctionEric Raymond
Department of Medicine, Gustave Roussy Institute, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 20:4303-12. 2002..To determine the recommended dose (RD) and the pharmacokinetic profile of irinotecan and its metabolites in cancer patients with hyperbilirubinemia...
- Cancer screening in France: subjects' and physicians' attitudesFrancois Eisinger
Department of Oncogenetics Screening and Prevention, Paoli Calmettes Institute, Marseille, France
Cancer Causes Control 19:431-4. 2008..Since screening for cancer has been advocated, funded, and promoted in France, it is important to evaluate the attitudes of subjects in the general population and general practitioners (GPs) toward cancer screening strategies...
- [Clinical practice guidelines: Standards, Options and Recommendations for first line medical treatment of patients with ovarian neoplasms (summary report)]Catherine Lhomme
Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Bull Cancer 91:609-20. 2004..The main objective is the development of clinical practice guidelines to improve the quality of health care and the outcome of cancer patients...
- Pharmacokinetics of bevacizumab in haemodialysisNathalie Garnier-Viougeat
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:975. 2007
- [Anemia in cancer patients before treatment]Gérard Auclerc
Service d Oncologie Medicale, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 47, Bd de l Hopital, 75013 Paris
Bull Cancer 90:S128-32. 2003..Known as a prognostic factor for several cancers, anemia also lowers radiotherapy or chemotherapy efficiency by tumor hypoxia. Recombinant EPO restores normal haemoglobin level, quality of life and treatment efficiency...
- [The role of PET scan in gastrointestinal stromal tumors]Jean Louis Alberini
Service de Médecine Nucléaire Centre René Huguenin CRLCC, 35 rue Dailly, 92210 Saint Cloud
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:585-93. 2007..PET may be proposed for the assessment of treatment response in prospective studies with imatinib or other molecules. In patients with GIST, FDG-PET should be performed based on a pluridisciplinary decision...
- Sequential administration of docetaxel followed by cisplatin-vindesine: a pilot study in patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)Olivier Rixe
Service d Oncologie, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Bull Cancer 92:E1-6. 2005..Given the feasibility of this pilot study, sequential chemotherapy concept should be investigated with newer cisplatin-based regimens using this approach in larger prospective studies...