- Surgical treatment of lung cancer in the octogenarians: results of a nationwide auditCaroline Rivera
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Haut Leveque Hospital, University of Bordeaux, France
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 39:981-6. 2011..Effective management of lung cancer in older patients should be tailed to individual needs. Surgical treatment should not be denied on chronological age alone anymore...
- [Delays in the diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer for patients treated with radiation therapy]Caroline Rivera
CHU de Bordeaux, Hôpital Saint André, Service de Radiotherapie, 1, rue Jean Burguet, 33000 Bordeaux, France
Bull Cancer 99:1117-22. 2012..To describe delays in diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer in patients treated by radiotherapy from the first abnormal imaging to the first day of treatment...
- Are postoperative consequences of neoadjuvant chemotherapy for non-small cell lung cancer more severe in elderly patients?Caroline Rivera
Epithor database Scientific Comity, French Society of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 56 Boulevard Vincent Auriol, 75013 Paris, France
Lung Cancer 76:216-21. 2012..The purpose of this study was to assess the postoperative morbidity of patients ≥75 years with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) who underwent neoadjuvant chemotherapy, comparing them to younger patients...
- Prognostic factors in patients with primary mediastinal germ cell tumors, a surgical multicenter retrospective studyCaroline Rivera
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Haut Leveque Hospital, Pessac, France
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 11:585-9. 2010..Raising the patient numbers by expanding the centers studied may allow the prognostic factors to be identified more precisely...
- Surgical management and outcomes of elderly patients with early stage non-small cell lung cancer: a nested case-control studyCaroline Rivera
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Haut Leveque Hospital, University of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Chest 140:874-80. 2011..The number of oncogeriatric patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) is expected to increase in the next decades...
- Characterization and prediction of prolonged air leak after pulmonary resection: a nationwide study setting up the index of prolonged air leakCaroline Rivera
CHU Bordeaux, Haut Leveque Hospital, Pessac, France
Ann Thorac Surg 92:1062-8; discussion 1068. 2011..The objective of this study was to better characterize prolonged air leak (PAL), defined as an air leak longer than 7 days, and to develop and validate a predictive model of this complication after pulmonary resection...
- Risk model of in-hospital mortality after pulmonary resection for cancer: a national database of the French Society of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery (Epithor)Alain Bernard
Department of Thoracic Surgery, CHU Dijon, France
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 141:449-58. 2011..The objective of this study is to develop and validate a risk model of mortality after pulmonary resection...
- A mediastinal germ cell tumor mimicking an ectopic pregnancyCaroline Rivera
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Haut Leveque Hospital, Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2 University, Bordeaux, France
J Gynecol Oncol 22:288-91. 2011..We may recommend investigating patients with a simple chest X-ray that present with persistent increased β-hCG despite efficient ectopic pregnancy treatment...