- Factors associated with liver biopsy performance in HCV-HIV coinfected injecting drug users with HCV viremia: results from a five-year longitudinal assessmentDominique Rey
Regional Center for Disease Control ORS PACA of Southeastern France, 23 rue Stanislas Torrents, 13006 Marseille, France
J Urban Health 81:48-57. 2004..These results suggest that specific efforts should be devoted to HIV-HCV coinfected drug users to assist with stabilizing these patients to optimize their access to HCV care whenever possible...
- Knowledge of HIV postexposure prophylaxis in a population of HIV-positive outpatients: results of a French national surveyDominique Rey
Regional Centre for Disease Control ORS PACA, Marseille, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 35:393-400. 2004..The increased number of people living with HIV infection as a chronic disease raises new challenges for its secondary prevention. Preventive programs aimed at HIV-positive individuals and their sexual partners are strongly needed...
- Seroprevalence of antibodies to Coxiella burnetti among pregnant women in South Eastern FranceD Rey
Regional Center for Disease Control of South Eastern France ORS PACA, 23 rue Stanislas, Torrents, 13006 Marseille, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 93:151-6. 2000..To estimate the seroprevalence of antibodies to Coxiella burnetii among pregnant women and to assess the effect of Q fever on pregnancy outcome...
- Post-exposure prophylaxis after occupational and non-occupational exposures to HIV: an overview of the policies implemented in 27 European countriesD Rey
Regional Center for Disease Control of South Eastern France, ORS PACA, Marseille, France
AIDS Care 12:695-701. 2000....
- Physicians' and patients' adherence to antiretroviral prophylaxis after sexual exposure to HIV: results from South-Eastern FranceDominique Rey
Research Unit UMR912 Economic and Social Sciences, Health Systems and Societies, INSERM, Marseille, France
AIDS Care 20:537-41. 2008....
- Self-reported cognitive impairment after breast cancer treatment in young women from the ELIPPSE40 cohort: the long-term impact of chemotherapyDominique Rey
INSERM, U912 Economic and Social Sciences, Health Systems and Societies SE4S, Marseille, France
Breast J 18:406-14. 2012..Reports of CI were common in young women and primarily related to psycho-social vulnerabilities and cancer treatment. As they affect quality of life, long-term CI complaints deserve greater consideration...
- [Breast cancer's impact on work life. Survey among women of the ELIPPSE cohort]Lucie Gallardo
INSERM UMR, Marseille, France
Bull Cancer 99:779-86. 2012..Finally, in order to find a new job these women were prone to hide their cancer experience and to resort to their social network (this network was also helpful to face the financial consequences of their sick leave)...
- Barriers to procreational intentions among cancer survivors 2 years after diagnosis: a French national cross-sectional surveyJulien Mancini
INSERM, U912 Economic and Social Sciences, Health Systems and Societies, Paoli Calmettes Institute, Marseille, France
Psychooncology 20:12-8. 2011..To determine the procreational intention rates among cancer survivors whose fertility was unimpaired and to identify the factors associated with their procreational intentions...
- Awareness of non-occupational HIV postexposure prophylaxis among French people living with HIV: the need for better targetingDominique Rey
South Eastern Health Regional Observatory ORS PACA, Marseille, France
AIDS 21:S71-6. 2007..This study analysed factors associated with PEP awareness in a population of individuals living with HIV/AIDS (PLHAs)...
- [Pain and breast cancer among women from the ELIPPSE cohort]L Spica
ORS PACA, Inserm UMR912, 232, boulevard Sainte Marguerite, F 13009 Marseille, France
Bull Cancer 97:909-16. 2010..Finally, our results emphasize both the lack of information given to patients concerning iatrogenic pain and the existing ways to manage it, and the lack of specific training for health professionals...
- Early discontinuation of tamoxifen intake in younger women with breast cancer: is it time to rethink the way it is prescribed?Laetitia Huiart
Department of Cancer Genetics, Prevention and Screening, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Eur J Cancer 48:1939-46. 2012..Tamoxifen is the main recommended adjuvant hormonal treatment for premenopausal women with hormone-responsive early breast cancer. Little data is available on compliance and persistence to tamoxifen intake in younger women...
- Infertility induced by cancer treatment: inappropriate or no information provided to majority of French survivors of cancerJulien Mancini
Epidemiology and Social Sciences Unit, Institut Paoli Calmettes, INSERM, UMR379, Marseille, France
Fertil Steril 90:1616-25. 2008..To describe patients who reported treatment-induced infertility 2 years after cancer diagnosis and to highlight what factors are related to the patients' lack of information on this topic before starting therapy...
- Pain narratives in breast cancer survivorsPatrick Peretti-Watel
INSERM, UMR912 SESSTIM, 13006 Marseille, France Aix Marseille Université, UMR_S912, IRD, 13006 Marseille, France ORS PACA, Observatoire Régional de la Santé Provence Alpes Côte d Azur, 13006 Marseille, France
Pain Res Treat 2012:153060. 2012..Physicians should contribute to fighting pain-related beliefs which lead patients to conceal their pain. Techniques used by patients to cope with chronic pain in their daily lives should also be promoted...
- Hospitalization for depressive syndrome in a cohort of HIV-infected patients contaminated through injecting drug use: MANIF 2000 cohort, France, 1995-1999C Marimoutou
Dr ORS PACA, Marseille, France
AIDS Care 15:729-34. 2003..Scheduled psychiatric consultations for these patients would permit us to identify those for whom major depression might lead to hospitalization and provide them with timely and appropriate care...
- HIV testing, knowledge, attitudes, beliefs, and practices among minorities: pregnant women of North-African origin in southeastern FranceA Messiah
South Eastern French Center for Disease Control, Marseille, France
J Natl Med Assoc 90:87-92. 1998..The development of HIV prevention programs that are cultural-specific and that aim at increasing physicians' compliance with the official recommendation is needed...
- Amiodarone is more efficient than verapamil in reversing resistance to anthracyclines in tumour cellsB Chauffert
INSERM, Unite 252, Faculty of Medicine, Dijon, France
Br J Cancer 56:119-22. 1987..We suggest that amiodarone, which is more efficient and less toxic than verapamil, could be substituted for verapamil in future clinical trials...
- Evaluation of buprenorphine maintenance treatment in a French cohort of HIV-infected injecting drug usersMaria Patrizia Carrieri
ORS PACA INSERM research Unit 379 Epidemiology and Social Sciences Applied to Medical Innovation, Institut Paoli Calmettes, 23 Rue S Torrents, 13006 Marseille, France
Drug Alcohol Depend 72:13-21. 2003..An evaluation of BMT outcomes in patients already followed for their HIV-infection could supply additional information about the changes in addictive practices in a non-GP setting...
- Oral contraception and unprotected sex with occasional partners of women HIV-infected through injection drug useM P Carrieri
INSERM Research Unit 379, Marseille, France
AIDS Care 18:795-800. 2006..Risk reduction counselling and interventions are needed to promote either the use of dual contraception or, alternatively, that of female condom...
- The impact of methadone or buprenorphine treatment and ongoing injection on highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) adherence: evidence from the MANIF2000 cohort studyPerrine Roux
INSERM U912 SE4S, Marseille, France
Addiction 103:1828-36. 2008..This study was conducted in order to evaluate whether receiving take-home methadone and buprenorphine may ensure better adherence to HAART in individuals infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) through injection drug use (IDU)...
- Impact of HAART-related side effects on unsafe sexual behaviours in HIV-infected injecting drug users: 7-year follow upEmmanuelle Vincent
INSERM U379/ORS PACA, Marseilles, France
AIDS 18:1321-5. 2004..HIV prevention interventions must consider the negative impact of HAART-related side effects on sexual risk-taking behaviours. Drug maintenance programs contribute to sexual risk reduction among drug injecting patients...
- Drug injection cessation among HIV-infected injecting drug usersAnne Deborah Bouhnik
Observatoire Régional de la Santé, Marseilles, France
Addict Behav 29:1189-97. 2004....
- [Perception of hepatitis C infection and its management in women infected by HIV following intravenous use of drugs]Myriam Coulon
, , Marseille
Presse Med 32:1642-8. 2003....
- Access to HIV prophylaxis for survivors of sexual assault: the tip of the icebergMaria Patrizia Carrieri
INSERM U379, Marseilles France
Antivir Ther 11:391-2. 2006....