- Invasive house mice facing a changing environment on the Sub-Antarctic Guillou Island (Kerguelen Archipelago)S Renaud
Laboratoire de Biometrie et Biologie Evolutive, UMR 5558, CNRS, Universite de Lyon, Villeurbanne, France
J Evol Biol 26:612-24. 2013..This pattern exemplifies the intricate interplay of evolution, ecology and plasticity that is a probable key of the success of such an invasive rodent facing pronounced shifts in food resources exploitation under a changing environment...
- Modularity as a source of new morphological variation in the mandible of hybrid miceSabrina Renaud
Laboratoire de Biometrie et Biologie Evolutive, UMR 5558, CNRS, Universite Lyon 1, 69622, Villeurbanne, France
BMC Evol Biol 12:141. 2012..Phenotypic variation of the mandible was divided into nested partitions of developmental, evolutionary and functional modules...
- Conserved phenotypic variation patterns, evolution along lines of least resistance, and departure due to selection in fossil rodentsSabrina Renaud
Paléoenvironnements et Paléobiosphère, UMR 5125 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Université Lyon 1, F 69622 Villeurbanne, France
Evolution 60:1701-17. 2006..The importance of these lines of least resistance directing long-term morphological evolution may explain parallel evolution of some dental patterns in murine evolution...
- Mandible shape in hybrid miceSabrina Renaud
Paléoenvironnement et Paléobiosphère, UMR 5125 CNRS, Universite Lyon 1, Bâtiment Géode, 2 Rue Dubois, Campus de la Doua, 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
Naturwissenschaften 96:1043-50. 2009..The major direction of variance is conserved, however, among hybrids and parent groups. Hybridisation may thus play a role in the production of original transgressive phenotypes occurring following pre-existing patterns of variance...
- Developmental constraints revealed by co-variation within and among molar rows in two murine rodentsSabrina Renaud
Paléoenvironnements et Paléobiosphère, UMR 5125, CNRS, Universite Lyon 1, 69622 Villeurbanne, France
Evol Dev 11:590-602. 2009..These patterns of co-variation are furthermore conserved between the house mouse and the wood mouse that diverged >10 Ma, suggesting that they may constitute long-running constraints to the diversification of the murine rodent dentition...
- Epigenetic effects on the mouse mandible: common features and discrepancies in remodeling due to muscular dystrophy and response to food consistencySabrina Renaud
Paléoenvironnements et Paléobiosphère, UMR5125, CNRS, Universite Lyon 1, Campus de la Doua, Villeurbanne, France
BMC Evol Biol 10:28. 2010....
- Differential evolvability along lines of least resistance of upper and lower molars in island house miceSabrina Renaud
Laboratoire de Biometrie et Biologie Evolutive, Universite Lyon 1, CNRS, Villeurbanne, France
PLoS ONE 6:e18951. 2011....
- Morphological evolution, ecological diversification and climate change in rodentsSabrina Renaud
UMR 5125 CNRS Paléoenvironnements et Paléobiosphère, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, 69622 Villeurbanne, France
Proc Biol Sci 272:609-17. 2005..Hence, our results exemplify a case of an influence of climate on the evolution of specialist species, although a generalist species may persist without change...
- Morphometrics as an insight into processes beyond tooth shape variation in a bank vole populationRonan Ledevin
Paléoenvironnements et Paléobiosphère, UMR 5125 CNRS, Universite Lyon 1, Villeurbanne, France
PLoS ONE 5:e15470. 2010..This suggests that other sources of size variation, possibly epigenetic, might be involved. They would trigger an important shape variation as side-effect by affecting the termination of the sequential addition of triangles on the tooth...
- Disparity changes in 370 Ma Devonian fossils: the signature of ecological dynamics?Catherine Girard
Institut des Sciences de l Evolution, Universite Montpellier 2, CNRS, Montpellier, France
PLoS ONE 7:e36230. 2012..Disparity changes of Palmatolepis thus reflect changes in the structure of the ecological space itself, which was prone to evolve during this ancient period where modern ecosystems were progressively shaped...