- High-intensity and resistance training and elite young athletesSebastien Ratel
Clermont Universite, Universite Blaise Pascal, EA 3533, Laboratoire de Biologie des Activités Physiques et Sportives, Clermont Ferrand, France
Med Sport Sci 56:84-96. 2011..Strategies for enhancing the effectiveness and safety of youth resistance and high-intensity exercise training are discussed in this chapter...
- Comparative analysis of the energy cost during front crawl swimming in children and adultsSebastien Ratel
Laboratory of Exercise Biology BAPS, EA 3533, University of Blaise Pascal, UFR STAPS, BP 104, 63172 Aubiere, France
Eur J Appl Physiol 105:543-9. 2009..40), BL, BL(1.30), BSA, and BSA(0.61), the Cs was not significantly different among the different swimmers groups. In conclusion, in well-trained swimmers, the size-scaled cost of swimming is not dependent on age and gender...
- Comparative analysis of skeletal muscle oxidative capacity in children and adults: a 31P-MRS studySebastien Ratel
Laboratory of Exercise Biology BAPS, EA 3533, Universite Blaise Pascal, UFR STAPS, 63172 Aubiere, France
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 33:720-7. 2008..This larger ATP regeneration capacity through aerobic mechanisms in children could be one of the factors accounting for their greater resistance to fatigue during high-intensity intermittent exercise...
- Effect of a 6-month school-based physical activity program on body composition and physical fitness in lean and obese schoolchildrenDavid Thivel
Laboratory of Exercise Physiology, EA3533, Blaise Pascal University, Clermont University, Clermont Ferrand, France
Eur J Pediatr 170:1435-43. 2011..Two physical activity sessions per week in addition to standard physical education classes in primary schoolchildren bring effective results for the prevention of childhood obesity...
- Effect of physical activity intervention on body composition in young children: influence of body mass index status and genderNordine Lazaar
Laboratoire Inter Universitaire de Biologie des Activités Physiques et Sportives, UFR STAPS, Universite Blaise Pascal, Aubiere, France
Acta Paediatr 96:1315-20. 2007..The objective was to evaluate the effect of school-based PA on the body composition according to body mass index (BMI) categories (nonobese vs. obese) and gender...
- Bedtime and Sleep Timing but not Sleep Duration Are Associated With Eating Habits in Primary School ChildrenDavid Thivel
Laboratory of Metabolic Adaptations to Exercise Under Physiological and Pathological Conditions, EA3533, Blaise Pascal University, Clermont University, Clermont Ferrand, France Laboratory Culture Sport Health Society, EA 4660, and Exercise Performance, Health, Innovation Platform, Franche Comte University, Besancon, France Université Droit et Santé Lille 2, EA 4488 Activité Physique, Muscle, santé, Faculte des Sciences du Sport et de l Education Physique, Ronchin, France Biostatistics Unit DRCI, Clermont Ferrand University Hospital, Clermont Ferrand, France
J Dev Behav Pediatr 36:158-65. 2015..The aim of this study was to explore the association between sleep patterns, eating habits, and physical fitness in primary school children...
- Modalities of submaximal exercises on ratings of perceived exertion by young girls: a pilot studyNordine Lazaar
Laboratory of Exercise Biology BAPS, UFR STAPS, Blaise Pascal University Clermont Ferrand
Percept Mot Skills 99:1091-6. 2004..In contrast, with high heart rates, RPE are higher during cycling than running, so it is necessary to take account of the type of exercise...
- Longitudinal follow-up of biochemical markers of fatigue throughout a sporting season in young elite rugby playersAnne Alaphilippe
Laboratory of Biology of Physical Activity, University of Clermont Ferrand, Clermont Ferrand, France
J Strength Cond Res 26:3376-84. 2012..05) and ALAT (r = 0.33, p < 0.01). We suggest that regular monitoring of these biochemical parameters may provide important information for the coach on the fatigue of rugby players and their perceived difficulty of training...
- Knee extension strength in obese and nonobese male adolescentsAchref Abdelmoula
Clermont University, Blaise Pascal University, Clermont Ferrand, France
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 37:269-75. 2012..However, further studies are required to ascertain whether or not relative strength, measured with more accurate in vivo methods such as magnetic resonance imaging, is higher in obese adolescents than in nonobese controls...
- Whey proteins are more efficient than casein in the recovery of muscle functional properties following a casting induced muscle atrophyVincent Martin
Clermont Universite, Universite Blaise Pascal, EA 3533, Laboratoire des Adaptations Métaboliques à l Exercice en conditions Physiologiques et Pathologiques, CRNH Auvergne, Clermont Ferrand, France
PLoS ONE 8:e75408. 2013..These effects were more specifically observed at force level and movement velocities that are relevant for functional abilities, and thus natural locomotion...
- Detraining-induced alterations in metabolic and fitness markers after a multicomponent exercise-training program in older menSebastien Ratel
University of Blaise Pascal, UFR STAPS, Aubiere, France
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 37:72-9. 2012..Taken as a whole, the results of this study emphasize the importance of exercise prescriptions for older subjects and the need not to interrupt exercise-training over a prolonged period...
- Cycling peak power in obese and lean 6- to 8-year-old girls and boysJulien Aucouturier
Laboratory of Exercise Biology BAPS, Unité de Formation et de Recherche en Sciences et Techniques des Activités Physiques et Sportives UFRSTAPS, Blaise Pascal University, Clermont Ferrand, France
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 32:367-71. 2007..Gender difference for Vopt and Fopt shows that girls and boys may have different maturation patterns affecting CPP...
- Effect of muscle length on voluntary activation level in children and adultsVirginie Kluka
1EA 3533, Laboratory of Metabolic Adaptations during Exercise in Physiological and Pathological Conditions AME2P, Clermont University, Blaise Pascal University, Aubiere, FRANCE 2Department of Movement Sciences, Oxylane Research, Villeneuve d Ascq, FRANCE 3Clermont University Hospital, Clermont Ferrand, FRANCE 4INRA, Human Nutrition Unit UMR 1019, CRNH Auvergne, Clermont Ferrand, FRANCE and 5Clermont University, Auvergne University, Clermont Ferrand, France
Med Sci Sports Exerc 47:718-24. 2015..The aim of the present study was to compare the effect of muscle length on the level of voluntary activation (VA) at short and long muscle lengths between children and adults...
- Muscle fatigue during high-intensity exercise in childrenSebastien Ratel
Laboratory of Exercise Biology BAPS EA 3533, Faculty of Sports Sciences, University of Blaise Pascal, Clermont Ferrand, France
Sports Med 36:1031-65. 2006..The use of non-invasive measurement tools such as magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance spectroscopy in paediatric exercise science will give researchers more insight in the future...
- Physiological responses during cycling with noncircular "Harmonic" and circular chainringsSebastien Ratel
Laboratoire Interuniversitaire de Biologie des Activités Physiques et Sportives, UFR de Médecine Université d Auvergne, Clermont Ferrand, France
Eur J Appl Physiol 91:100-4. 2004....