- Has the time come to abandon efavirenz for first-line antiretroviral therapy?Francois Raffi
Division of Infectious Diseases, Nantes University Hospital, Nantes, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 69:1742-7. 2014..This, of course, presupposes that other antiretrovirals will be available in place of efavirenz, and may not be applicable in certain developing country settings where this is not the case. ..
- Once-daily dolutegravir versus twice-daily raltegravir in antiretroviral-naive adults with HIV-1 infection (SPRING-2 study): 96 week results from a randomised, double-blind, non-inferiority trialFrancois Raffi
Infectious and Tropical Diseases Department, Nantes University Hospital, Nantes, France Electronic address
Lancet Infect Dis 13:927-35. 2013..In the primary analysis of SPRING-2 at week 48, dolutegravir showed non-inferior efficacy to and similar tolerability to raltegravir in adults infected with HIV-1 and naive for antiretroviral treatment. We present the 96 week results...
- Multiple choices for HIV therapy with integrase strand transfer inhibitorsFrancois Raffi
University Hospital of Nantes, France
Retrovirology 9:110. 2012....
- Once-daily dolutegravir versus raltegravir in antiretroviral-naive adults with HIV-1 infection: 48 week results from the randomised, double-blind, non-inferiority SPRING-2 studyFrancois Raffi
University of Nantes, Nantes, France
Lancet 381:735-43. 2013..We compared dolutegravir with HIV integrase inhibitor raltegravir, as initial treatment for adults with HIV-1...
- Progression to AIDS or death as endpoints in HIV clinical trialsF Raffi
Infectious Diseases Department, University Hospital, Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
HIV Clin Trials 2:330-5. 2001..To assess progression to AIDS or death from month 4 after a protease inhibitor-containing regimen is initiated in a cohort of 1,281 patients...
- Efficacy of nevirapine-based HAART in HIV-1-infected, treatment-naive persons with high and low baseline viral loadsF Raffi
Internal Medicine Department, University Hospital, Nantes, France
HIV Clin Trials 2:317-22. 2001....
- Releasing the true power of protease inhibitorsF Raffi
Infectious Diseases Department, University Hospital, Nantes, France
Int J STD AIDS 14:29-33. 2003..Also, unlike other PIs, atazanavir has been associated with decreases, or only minimal increases, in lipid parameters such as low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and triglycerides...
- The VIRGO study: nevirapine, didanosine and stavudine combination therapy in antiretroviral-naive HIV-1-infected adultsF Raffi
Department of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital Nantes, France
Antivir Ther 5:267-72. 2000..Combination therapy with the three reverse transcriptase (RT) inhibitors stavudine, once-daily didanosine and either once- or twice-daily nevirapine could be considered as an alternative option for first-line antiretroviral therapy...
- Substitution of a nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor for a protease inhibitor in the treatment of patients with undetectable plasma human immunodeficiency virus type 1 RNAF Raffi
Infectious Diseases Unit, University Hospital Nantes, Nantes, France
Clin Infect Dis 31:1274-8. 2000..2% (95% CI, 6-34) among patients who had been treated with antiretroviral drugs before receiving the PI regimen (P=.10)...
- Long-term assessment of nevirapine-containing highly active antiretroviral therapy in antiretroviral-naive HIV-infected patients: 3-year follow-up of the VIRGO studyV Reliquet
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
HIV Med 7:431-6. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the long-term efficacy and safety of one or two daily doses of nevirapine (NVP), in combination with stavudine (d4T) and didanosine (ddI), in HIV-infected patients...
- Twelve-year experience of nevirapine use: benefits and convenience for long-term management in a French cohort of HIV-1-infected patientsVeronique Reliquet
Infectious Diseases Department, University Hospital, Nantes, France
HIV Clin Trials 11:110-7. 2010..To describe safety and long-term efficacy of nevirapine (NVP) in a real-life setting...
- [Lopinavir/ritonavir in HIV-infected patient with long-term virological failure: immunovirological response and tolerance in 121 patients of the ANRS CO8 Aproco-Copilote cohort]C Brunet-François
Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
Med Mal Infect 37:172-7. 2007..This study was made to determine the immunovirological outcome and tolerance to lopinavir/ritonavir (LPV/r) in HIV-infected protease inhibitors-experienced patients with long-term virological failure...
- Influence of darunavir coadministration on nevirapine pharmacokinetics in HIV-infected patients: a population approachE Dailly
Clinical Pharmacology Department, Nantes University Hospital, Nantes, France
HIV Med 10:586-9. 2009..The influence of ritonavir-boosted darunavir coadministration on nevirapine pharmacokinetics was investigated in HIV-infected patients using a population-based approach...
- Peripheral neuropathy during stavudine-didanosine antiretroviral therapyV Reliquet
Department of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital, Nantes, France
HIV Med 2:92-6. 2001..In our study, the d4T-ddI combination did not seem to increase the incidence of PN; risk factors for PN could not be identified, probably in part because of the low number of patients with PN...
- A simple high performance liquid chromatography assay for monitoring plasma concentrations of tipranavir in HIV infected patientsE Dailly
Clinical Pharmacology Department, Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 832:317-20. 2006..The imprecision and inaccuracy are lower than 10%, the low limit of quantitation is 0.4 mg/L. Thus, this method can be used for therapeutic drug monitoring of tipranavir in HIV infected patients...
- Low initial trough plasma concentrations of lopinavir are associated with an impairment of virological response in an unselected cohort of HIV-1-infected patientsM I Wateba
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
HIV Med 7:197-9. 2006..The relationship between lopinavir trough plasma concentration at baseline and virological efficacy 3 months after the beginning of the therapy was investigated in an unselected cohort of HIV-1-infected patients..
- Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin, a marker of tubular dysfunction, is not increased in long-term virologically controlled patients receiving a tenofovir/emtricitabine + nevirapine regimenC Allavena
Service de Maladies infectieuses et tropicales CHU Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 68:2866-70. 2013..We investigated urine and plasma NGAL in patients on long-term treatment with nevirapine associated with either tenofovir/emtricitabine or abacavir/lamivudine...
- Incidence and risk factors of bacterial pneumonia requiring hospitalization in HIV-infected patients started on a protease inhibitor-containing regimenV Le Moing
Infectious and Tropical Diseases Department, Hopital Gui de Chauliac, Montpellier, France
HIV Med 7:261-7. 2006..To describe the incidence and risk factors of bacterial pneumonia occurring in patients treated with antiretrovirals...
- Evaluation of chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection in coinfected patients receiving lamivudine as a component of anti-human immunodeficiency virus regimensJ Hoff
Department of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital, Nantes, France
Clin Infect Dis 32:963-9. 2001..These patients had a significantly longer duration of treatment (21 versus 13 months; P<.05). In conclusion, resistant strains of HBV emerge at high detectable levels while patients receive anti-HIV regimens containing lamivudine...
- Adverse reactions to cotrimoxazole in HIV-infected patients: predictive factors and subsequent HIV disease progressionC Rabaud
Department of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital, Nancy, France
Scand J Infect Dis 33:759-64. 2001..03 and p = 0.0001, respectively), as compared to patients who continued to take cotrimoxazole...
- Switch from zidovudine- to non-zidovudine-containing regimens is associated with modest haematological improvement and no obvious clinical benefit: a substudy of the ANRS 099 ALIZE trialMatthieu Lafaurie
Department of Infectious Diseases, Saint Louis Hospital, University of Paris 7, INSERM U897, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux 75010 Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 62:1122-9. 2008..However, it is unclear whether patients tolerating long-term zidovudine-containing regimens will benefit from a switch to non-zidovudine-containing regimens...
- High frequency of vitamin D deficiency in HIV-infected patients: effects of HIV-related factors and antiretroviral drugsC Allavena
Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, CHU Nantes, Nantes, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:2222-30. 2012..The aim of this study was to assess 25-hydroxyvitamin D (vitamin D) status in an HIV-infected adult population and to define HIV- and antiretroviral-related factors associated with vitamin D deficiency...
- Four year follow-up of simplification therapy with once-daily emtricitabine, didanosine and efavirenz in HIV-infected patients (ALIZE ANRS 099 trial)Sebastien Gallien
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Saint Louis, Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Paris Diderot Paris 7, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:184-91. 2011..once-daily combinations of efavirenz and two nucleoside analogues are recommended for the treatment of HIV infection. Long-term efficacy and safety data are scarce for the combination of efavirenz, emtricitabine and didanosine...
- A liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry assay for quantification of nevirapine, indinavir, atazanavir, amprenavir, saquinavir, ritonavir, lopinavir, efavirenz, tipranavir, darunavir and maraviroc in the plasma of patients infected with HIVJ Martin
Clinical Pharmacology Department, CHU de Nantes, Nantes, France
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 877:3072-82. 2009..This method, with its simple sample preparation provides sensitive, accurate and precise quantification of the plasma concentration of antiretroviral drugs and can be used for therapeutic drug monitoring in patients infected with HIV...
- Prevalence and predictors of deterioration of a trustful patient-provider relationship among HIV-infected persons treated with antiretroviral therapyMarie Preau
Laboratory of Psychology, Laboratoire Education Cognition et Développement, Nantes University, Nantes, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:467-71. 2008..We studied the evolution of the patient-provider relationship (PPR) in HIV-infected patients who reported trustful relationships at highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) treatment initiation...
- Determination of atazanavir and other antiretroviral drugs (indinavir, amprenavir, nelfinavir and its active metabolite M8, saquinavir, ritonavir, lopinavir, nevirapine and efavirenz) plasma levels by high performance liquid chromatography with UV detectiE Dailly
Clinical Pharmacology Department, Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 813:353-8. 2004..10 mg/L for ritonavir, 0.10 mg/L for efavirenz, 0.10 mg/L for atazanavir and 0.20 mg/L for lopinavir) are consistent with trough plasma concentrations allowing to use this method for therapeutic drug monitoring of PI and NNRTI...
- Candida endocarditis: role of new antifungal agentsJ P Talarmin
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Hopital Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
Mycoses 52:60-6. 2009..One patient died in the acute phase of endocarditis, three patients died of causes unrelated to infective endocarditis and three patients had a favourable outcome...
- Treatment of acute hepatitis C in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients: the HEPAIG studyLionel Piroth
Infectious Diseases Department, University Hospital, and University of Burgungy, Dijon, France
Hepatology 52:1915-21. 2010..The duration of treatment should be modulated according to RVR, with a 24-week course for patients presenting RVR and a 48-week course for those who do not, irrespectively of HCV genotype...
- Fibronectin in HIV-infected patients: a prospective studyF Raffi
Internal Medicine Department, , Nantes, France
Eur J Med 1:308-10. 1992..Furthermore, no correlation was noted between fibronectin and complement levels or presence of circulating immune complexes. These results suggest that plasma fibronectin is not a useful marker in patients with HIV infection...
- Triple nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor- vs. nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-containing regimens as first-line therapy: efficacy and durability in a prospective cohort of French HIV-infected patientsL Cuzin
Centre for Care and Information in Human Immunodeficiency, Toulouse, France
HIV Med 6:388-95. 2005..Data on the efficacy of this triple nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI) combination compared with the gold-standard nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI) regimen could provide important information...
- Mortality in a cohort of HIV-infected adults started on a protease inhibitor-containing therapy: standardization to the general populationC Lewden
INSERM U330, Bordeaux, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 26:480-2. 2001..2-3.5) and mortality remained 5.1 times higher (95% CI = 1.0-14.9) than in the general population. Failure of treatment, long-term adverse effects, or less favorable socio-demographic status could explain these trends...
- Predictive values of the human immunodeficiency virus phenotype and genotype and of amprenavir and lopinavir inhibitory quotients in heavily pretreated patients on a ritonavir-boosted dual-protease-inhibitor regimenAurélie Barrail-Tran
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Bicetre, Service de Pharmacie Clinique, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:1642-6. 2008..High amprenavir and lopinavir concentrations in these patients might explain why plasma concentrations and the phenotypic IQ have poor predictive value...
- Self-reported symptoms after initiation of a protease inhibitor in HIV-infected patients and their impact on adherence to HAARTS Duran
INSERM U379, Marseille, Paris, France
HIV Clin Trials 2:38-45. 2001..CONCLUSION: Patients reporting a high number of symptoms soon after HAART initiation are at higher risk of future nonadherence and could be targeted for interventions to achieve good levels of adherence and to improve treatment outcome...
- Comparison of first-line antiretroviral therapy with regimens including nevirapine, efavirenz, or both drugs, plus stavudine and lamivudine: a randomised open-label trial, the 2NN StudyF van Leth
International Antiviral Therapy Evaluation Center, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Lancet 363:1253-63. 2004..The 2NN Study was a randomised comparison of the non-nucleoside reverse-transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTI) nevirapine and efavirenz...
- [Therapeutic strategies for HIV infection: redefining simplification]F Raffi
Service de médecine interne B, Hôtel Dieu CHU de Nantes, Place Alexis Ricordeau, 44093 Nantes Cedex 1, France
Med Mal Infect 34:S223-8. 2004..Eventually, new ways of simplification such as NNRTI/boosted PI combinations or boosted PI alone deserve to be thoroughly explored by controlled randomised trials...
- Health-related quality of life and patient-provider relationships in HIV-infected patients during the first three years after starting PI-containing antiretroviral treatmentM Preau
INSERM U379 ORS, Marseille and University Aix Marseille, Aix en Provence, France
AIDS Care 16:649-61. 2004..These results underline the need to improve patient-provider relationships to optimize long-term HRQL. Socio-behavioural interventions should focus on this goal...
- Constant mitochondrial DNA levels in blood leukocytes of patients enrolled in a NRTI-free therapeutic trial (BIKS-2 study)B Amellal
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Infect 54:603-8. 2007..Determine if a nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTI)-free regimen affected mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) levels in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) of patients enrolled in BIKS-2 trial...
- Clinical, biologic, and behavioral predictors of early immunologic and virologic response in HIV-infected patients initiating protease inhibitorsV Le Moing
, Paris; INSERM U 330, Bordeaux; INSERM U 379, Marseille, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 27:372-6. 2001..001) but not with adherence to therapy. Full adherence seems to be a major predictor of a virologic response to PI-containing triple therapy. An immunologic response may be possible despite incomplete adherence, at least early in therapy...
- Time perspective and quality of life among HIV-infected patients in the context of HAARTM Preau
Social Health Psychology Department, Aix Marseille I, Aix en Provence, France
AIDS Care 19:449-58. 2007..Specific dimensions of QOL are influenced by specific orientations of TP, which provides information on self-perception and subjective evaluation of QOL. The TP construct provides keys to managing HIV infection in order to improve QOL...
- The dynamic of adherence to highly active antiretroviral therapy: results from the French National APROCO cohortP Carrieri
INSERM U379, Marseille; INSERM U330, , Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 28:232-9. 2001..15 [1.24-3.74]) "highly adherent." CONCLUSION: Adherence behavior is a dynamic process. Continued adherence was associated with better response to therapy and should be encouraged to reduce the risk of virologic failure...
- [Immunologic response to antiretroviral treatment with combined stavudine, didanosine and nevirapine]V Reliquet
Laboratoire d'Immunologie, quai Moncousu, F44093 Nantes
Presse Med 30:1143-7. 2001..05). Our data indicate that patients on d4T-ddl-nevirapine therapy have the same immune restoration as patients given protease inhibitor-based regimens...
- [Outcome of HIV-infected patients after 5 years of antiretroviral therapy including a protease inhibitor: the Aproco/Copilote Cohort]V Le Moing
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, CHU de Montpellier
Presse Med 34:1S31-7. 2005..Other studies are underway on the associated factors specific to each of the events to delineate the respective roles of the virus, the treatments and other factors...
- [Mental health of HIV-positive women in France in the era of antiretroviral therapies: what differences between men and women? What is at stake?]Marie Preau
LabECD, Universite de Nantes, Nantes
Med Sci (Paris) 24:151-60. 2008
- Long-term evolution of CD4 count in patients with a plasma HIV RNA persistently <500 copies/mL during treatment with antiretroviral drugsV Le Moing
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Gui de Chauliac, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Montpellier, France
HIV Med 8:156-63. 2007..The increase in CD4 count may reach a plateau after some duration of virological response to highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- European AIDS Clinical Society (EACS) guidelines for the clinical management and treatment of HIV-infected adultsN Clumeck
Saint Pierre University Hospital, Department of Infectious Diseases, Brussels, Belgium
HIV Med 9:65-71. 2008....
- Causes of the first AIDS-defining illness and subsequent survival before and after the advent of combined antiretroviral therapyS Grabar
Department of Public Health, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
HIV Med 9:246-56. 2008....
- [Demographic, clinical, immunovirological and therapeutic features of 8714 HIV infected French patients included in the Nadis Hospital Cohorte in 2006]X De La Tribonniere
Service Regional Universitaire des Maladies Infectieuses et du Voyageur, Universite de Lille 2, Hôpital Dron, 135, rue du Président Coty, 59208 Tourcoing, France
Med Mal Infect 38:299-308. 2008..The authors had for aim to describe demographic, immunovirilogical and therapeutic characteristics of HIV infected patients enrolled in a French clinical cohort...
- Marked increase in the incidence of invasive anal cancer among HIV-infected patients despite treatment with combination antiretroviral therapyChristophe Piketty
AP HP, Department of Clinical Immunology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Rene Descartes University, Paris, France
AIDS 22:1203-11. 2008..To describe the cases of anal cancer that appeared in the French Hospital Database on HIV between 1992 and 2004 and to study risk factors of anal cancer...
- Initial therapy with nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-containing regimens is more effective than with regimens that spare them with no difference in short-term fat distribution: Hippocampe-ANRS 121 TrialClaudine Duvivier
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Paris F 75013, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 62:797-808. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the impact on body fat of nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI)-sparing regimens compared with NRTI-containing therapy in HIV-1-infected antiretroviral (ARV)-naive patients...
- Raltegravir with optimized background therapy for resistant HIV-1 infectionRoy T Steigbigel
State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, USA
N Engl J Med 359:339-54. 2008..Raltegravir (MK-0518) is an inhibitor of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) integrase active against HIV-1 susceptible or resistant to older antiretroviral drugs...
- Subgroup and resistance analyses of raltegravir for resistant HIV-1 infectionDavid A Cooper
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, University of New South Wales, Sydney
N Engl J Med 359:355-65. 2008....
- [The Nadis cohort: 6236 HIV-infected patients followed up in French university hospitals]R Agher
La Pitié Salpêtrière, France
Med Mal Infect 35:407-10. 2005..The Nadis electronic medical patient record allows real time constitution of a database including the clinical, therapeutic, biological, and epidemiological features of HIV-positive patients...
- A comparison of the steady-state pharmacokinetics and safety of abacavir, lamivudine, and zidovudine taken as a triple combination tablet and as abacavir plus a lamivudine-zidovudine double combination tablet by HIV-1-infected adultsA C Cremieux
Unité d investigation clinique, H pital Bichat, Paris, France
Pharmacotherapy 21:424-30. 2001....