- Options for the intensification of insulin therapy when basal insulin is not enough in type 2 diabetes mellitusD Raccah
Department of Diabetology, University Hospital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille, France
Diabetes Obes Metab 10:76-82. 2008..Prospective studies are underway to further examine this concept and determine the benefit of this approach not only on overall glycaemic control but also on cardiovascular risk...
- Incremental value of continuous glucose monitoring when starting pump therapy in patients with poorly controlled type 1 diabetes: the RealTrend studyDenis Raccah
University Hospital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille, France
Diabetes Care 32:2245-50. 2009..To compare the improvements in glycemic control associated with transitioning to insulin pump therapy in patients using continuous glucose monitoring versus standard blood glucose self-monitoring...
- When basal insulin therapy in type 2 diabetes mellitus is not enough--what next?Denis Raccah
University Hospital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille, France
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 23:257-64. 2007..This strategy offers a simple, stepwise approach to progress from basal insulin to a basal-bolus regimen. Studies are needed to validate this method and better define specific titration tactics...
- Charcot's foot: newest findings on its pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatmentL Molines
Department of Nutrition, Metabolic Diseases and Endocrinology, Sainte Marguerite Hospital, 270, boulevard de Sainte Marguerite, 13274 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Diabetes Metab 36:251-5. 2010..As the cornerstone of treatment remains any method that avoids weight-bearing on the foot, the primary importance of the RANK/RANK-L/OPG signalling pathway is that it opens up the field to new treatment strategies for the future...
- Aggressive multimodal therapy of sporadic malignant insulinoma can improve survival: a retrospective 35-year study of 12 patientsA Begu-Le Corroller
Service de nutrition maladies métaboliques endocrinologie, Hopital de la Timone, 264, rue Saint Pierre, 13005 Marseille, France
Diabetes Metab 34:343-8. 2008....
- Importance of blood glucose management in the multifactorial approach of absolute cardiovascular risk in type 2 diabetes: the lessons from the Steno 2 studyD Raccah
Service de Nutrition Endocrinologie Maladies Métaboliques, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, CHU de Marseille, Marseille, France
Diabetes Metab 32:2S48-51. 2006..This explains the increased prevalence of cardiovascular morbi-mortality in diabetic patients, in particular type 2 diabetes. Multifactorial treatment can reduce the cardiovascular risk by 55%, as the Steno 2 study demonstrated...
- Insulin initiation in type 2 diabetic patients admitted in hospital in France and follow-up at 1 yearD Raccah
Service de Nutrition, Endocrinologie et Maladies Métaboliques, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille, France
Diabetes Metab 32:244-50. 2006..The objective was to assess the patients' profile, the treatments proposed during hospital stay and after one year...
- Metabolic factors and the foveal avascular zone of the retina in diabetes mellitusJ Conrath
Ophthalmology Department, Hopital de la Timone, France
Diabetes Metab 31:465-70. 2005..To study the foveal avascular zone (FAZ) of the central retina in diabetic patients with retinopathy having undergone metabolic evaluation...
- [Genetics of diabetic complications: peripheral neuropathy]D Raccah
Service de Nutrition, Endocrinologie, Maladies Metaboliques, CHU La Timone, F 13385 Marseille cedex 05
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 65:S5-9. 2004..The main studies and data are reviewed in this Article. The identification of candidate-genes should allowed, in the future, to better identify and manage diabetic patients at-risk for peripheral neuropathy...
- Foveal avascular zone in diabetic retinopathy: quantitative vs qualitative assessmentJ Conrath
Ophthalmology Department, Timone Hospital, Marseille, France
Eye (Lond) 19:322-6. 2005..To describe the relations between foveal avascular zone (FAZ) size and outline in patients presenting diabetic retinopathy...
- Genetic and environmental regulation of Na/K adenosine triphosphatase activity in diabetic patientsM F Jannot
Diabetes Department, University Hospital Timone, Marseille, France
Metabolism 51:284-91. 2002..This may explain the high relative risk of developing the neuropathy observed in type 1 diabetic patients bearing the variant allele...
- C-peptide, Na+,K(+)-ATPase, and diabetesP Vague
Departement de Nutrition Endocrinologie Maladies Métaboliques, CHU Timone, Marseille, France
Exp Diabesity Res 5:37-50. 2004..Because the defect in Na+,K(+)-ATPase activity is also probably involved in the development of diabetic nephropathy and cardiomyopathy, physiological C-peptide infusion could be beneficial for the prevention of diabetic complications...
- Monitoring bacterial community of human gut microbiota reveals an increase in Lactobacillus in obese patients and Methanogens in anorexic patientsFabrice Armougom
URMITE UMR CNRS 6236, IRD 3R198, Universite de la Mediterranee, Faculte de Medecine, and Nutrition and Diabetology Department, University Hospital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille, France
PLoS ONE 4:e7125. 2009..The roles of the archaeon Methanobrevibacter smithii and Lactobacillus species have not been described in these studies...
- A randomized trial of low-protein diet in type 1 and in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients with incipient and overt nephropathyBertrand Dussol
centre d investigation clinique, INSERM APHM, Marseille, France
J Ren Nutr 15:398-406. 2005..8 g/kg/day) with a usual-protein diet...
- Glycemic and insulinemic meal responses modulate postprandial hepatic and intestinal lipoprotein accumulation in obese, insulin-resistant subjectsAmandine Harbis
UMR 476 INSERM 1260 INRA, Human Nutrition and Lipids, Faculty of Medecine, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Am J Clin Nutr 80:896-902. 2004..Exacerbated postprandial lipemia is a risk factor for cardiovascular disease and is linked to insulin status. Limited data on the effect of dietary carbohydrate on postprandial lipoprotein accumulation are available...
- Alternatives routes of insulin deliveryV Lassmann-Vague
Service d endocrinologie, Maladies metaboliques et nutrition, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille, France
Diabetes Metab 32:513-22. 2006....
- Six-year follow-up of a cohort of 203 patients with diabetes after screening for silent myocardial ischaemiaS Sejil
Endocrinology Nutrition Metabolic Disease Department, Timone University Hospital Centre, Marseille, France
Diabet Med 23:1186-91. 2006..To determine the prognosis of patients with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, 6 years after screening for silent myocardial ischaemia (SMI)...
- Interference of dapsone in HbA1c monitoring of a diabetic patient with polychondritisJ Serratrice
Service de Medecine Interne, CHU Timone, Marseille, France
Diabetes Metab 28:508-9. 2002
- Decreased Na/K ATPase ouabain binding sites in red blood cells of patients with insulin-dependent diabetes and healthy north African control subjects: relationship with diabetic neuropathyD Raccah
Diabetology Laboratory, Timone University Medical Center, Marseille, France
Horm Metab Res 28:128-32. 1996....
- Comparison of the effects of captopril and nicardipine on insulin sensitivity and thrombotic profile in patients with hypertension and android obesity. CaptISM Study Group. Captopril Insulin Sensitivity Multicenter Study GroupD Raccah
, Marseille, France
Am J Hypertens 7:731-8. 1994..1 +/- 98.6 microIU x h/mL (4.8%) for nicardipine (P = .072). Changes in peak insulin values were -18.3 +/- 86.2 microIU/mL (-14%) for captopril v 6.7 +/- 79.4 microIU/mL (6.6%) for nicardipine (P = .070).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..